• Replies 26.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• DragonFlames

• Sooks

• Sidereal Wraith

Banned because these kinds of things take time to get good at, especially in a context like the pandemic. You may have a hard time now, but over time it'll come more naturally to ya.

Banned because tbh, it wouldn't be eating at me as much if I didn't regularly chat with someone I'm interested in. I've known her for the better part of a year now, and I've felt incredibly awkward about it. I met her (and the Discord group we're all in) through a friend. Super small group. Aaaaand all I can ever muster up is some small talk. 🤷‍♂️

Would be much more convenient if I didn't even know her or think that way, but it's what it is, I guess.

Can't say I expected to be in this kind of position, ngl. I really am pathetic, lmao.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Banned because it takes practice and a few mental workouts to learn how to interact with others, and you're not pathetic for lacking that ability.

Banned because romance is really difficult! There's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Almost everybody feels really awkward when someone they're interested in is nearby; I can assure you, I lose 88% of my brain power whenever that happens. Especially if you care about someone as a friend as well as romantic interest, it can be really hard, I know. You can always ask subtly, such as asking if she wants to watch a movie or something via discord with you.

I have been proudly bottling for... five and a half years now, so you are completely fine. You seem to really value having romantic companionship, and I understand that this could be big for you.

EDIT: Banned for ninja'ing me.

Edited by Benice

Banned because yep! You're a really nice guy, so I hope that things end up working out for the both of you. Relationships are scary, but we grow because of 'em.

Banned because I concur with that. I wish ya luck on your endeavors Twilit. You'll be able to grow as a result of your experience, and become a better person, no matter what happens.

Banned because thanks again to both of you.

I, uh, shot my shot, so to speak. Well, in a roundabout way, I guess.

I had a friend ask another friend to ask the girl I'm interested about whether or not she has interest in someone. That's about as direct as I can be for fear of both awkwardness and rejection. 😅

I have no idea how it'll turn out but I'm halfway losing my shiz over it.

Banned because congrats! I really hope everything goes through for you!

How are you so courageous, though? I don't get it...

Edited by Benice

Banned because thanks.

I don't know if I'd call it courageous as much as foolish, and wimpy too, since I'm not being direct at all, but I appreciate it all the same.

Thing I'm most afraid of is if I ever do get the chance to be direct, and it flops, things will be hella awkward between us. No risk, no reward, I suppose.

Banned because eh, I think being indirect is considerate in a way-you're showing that you value your friendship enough that it's worth being cautious. Plus, you're making sure that advances won't be uncomfortable for her.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

No risk, no reward, I suppose.

Spoken like a true Binding Blade fan!

Banned for making a Binding Blade reference. Also, one last tip Twilit, you should keep your chin up, no matter what happens. I feel like you've good chance of her not rejecting. That's all the things I can think of to tell ya on this topic, I've never been good with speaking on deeper, more real things, and it took me forever to type something that didn't sound overly pessimistic or optimistic.

Banned because I also have issues with not being overly optimistic or pessimistic, but I hope that what I say makes people feel better in general as opposed to worse.

Banned because thanks again to you both.

Welp, kinda fell through trying to figure out if she's interested in anyone since the friend of a friend backed out on asking. And I was getting a bit paranoid about keeping on asking other folks, so I kinda just gave up on that.

Guess whatever happens will happen in its own time. 

Banned because that's a bit of a setback.

Perhaps you could ask yourself? If being indirect didn't work, maybe...

Banned because I could, but that's a risk I'm too intimidated to take. 👀

She did say something about being oblivious to stuff like that, so...

Guess that means my subtlety isn't gonna cut it. 🙃

Banned because no shame there, I really do get it. You should try playing Rhythm Heaven Fever on your nintendo PC, suffering with video games is a real bonding experience.