• Replies 26.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• null

• DragonFlames

• Sooks

• Sidereal Wraith

Banned because aye, glad to hear you're doin' OK- It's just that trouble sleeping can be an indicator of mental unwellness, so I just wanted to check in a little.

Banned because holy WOAH the new season of Stranger Things is so good. It’s a lot darker than previous seasons, which initially I wasn’t sold on, but that last episode really convinced me that the writers can handle it. That was wonderful.

10 hours ago, Benice said:

Banned because aye, glad to hear you're doin' OK- It's just that trouble sleeping can be an indicator of mental unwellness, so I just wanted to check in a little.

I’m not having any trouble sleeping though, the problem is that summer break has caused my entire sleep schedule to shift by a few hours. I’m actually dreaming a ton now, which is a rarity for me, and I believe and indication that I’m getting better sleep? Most nights I’m getting at least 8 hours, if not 9, they’re just not at the most ideal time.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m actually dreaming a ton now, which is a rarity for me, and I believe and indication that I’m getting better sleep?

Kinda? Sleep has four phases: NREM (Non-Rapid Eye Movement) 1, 2 and 3, followed by REM stage, which is where dreaming happens. Stage 1 NREM is really shallow; you might not even realize you are asleep if someone wakes you from it. So basically math class. NREM 2 is a little deeper, and your body's gettin' ready for NREM 3, the deepest sleep and where all the healin' and growin' and stuff occurs. This is followed by REM, where the body is paralyzed but the brain is more active. The whole cycle is about two hours long, and with each cycle you go through, you get a bit less NREM 3 and a bit more REM. If you're getting more REM, it also means you're getting enough NREM 3, which is usually good. I think. I'm no expert, since I've done just the one class on Psych.

Banned because I don't watch TV very often, but if I did, I'd have so much stuff to watch since one of my friends wants me to watch One Piece, another wants me to watch Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad...

Banned for knowing a lot about sleep.

22 minutes ago, Benice said:

another wants me to watch Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad...

YES YES YES

LISTEN TO THAT FRIEND

I mean, I’d rather you watch Stranger Things, but getting you to watch those two is more likely through the power of peer pressure.

Banned because nah, I think I forgot a lot of the stuff we covered in that unit anyways. It is nice to have a Psych class, though- I hope your school offers it.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

getting you to watch those two is more likely through the power of peer pressure.

See, the thing is, I don't have netflix...

Banned because you can get great car service from Skillman car service.

10 hours ago, Benice said:

See, the thing is, I don't have netflix...