I Just Want To Know One Thing

Jotari

So if a unit has a low hit%, and they don't in the rn chain, the battle will go on forever without any winner? (Assuming you slept the enemy).

Also, the AI for me really loves Beowulf. Idk why, the mackily Ballista skipped Deirdre and could have killed Lach's knight to attack Beowulf

To respond to the first half, you obviously were able to get whatever you hit to fall asleep, so somewhere in the chain you had a result that resulted in a hit, so I can't imagine a battle going on forever.

I don't know how FE4 is programmed, but I'd guess that the "super long RN strings" aren't generated at the start of every battle and only re-generate when reaching the end. They'd try to re-generate before you get close enough to the end to run out, but if you get very close to the cutoff point and then get a long battle it might run out anyway. So you're not guaranteed to get a runout just by fighting a really long battle, you'd have to fight it when the RN string is already in a very precise position.

I can confirm the blank levels can happen in the arena, but I don't know why. Otherwise this Cuan should have at least 43 HP:

Is this after cancelling before the final blow to negate the arena levelup glitch? Edited by Inference

• 1 month later...

I don't believe this counts as necroing, as it's a utility thread, and only about a month old, but I apologise in advance if it does count. I didn't feel like making a new thread for this question was neccessarily appropriate.

To all those who have played Jugdral FE

I've long held off on playing FE4 and FE5 because of the many things I've heard about the nature of their translation patches (made up script, incomplete dialogue, ending generator, buggy menus, etc) and the difficulties with hacking them. I was under the impression that Gharnef, bookofholsety and joesteve1914 were all working on updated translations for these games, but the new interest in these projects seems to have died down. I have been waiting for quite a long time to experience these games, but I do want to make sure that my first experience with them is not an incomplete one. I don't have the skill in japanese to follow the text properly, but I do want to be able to experience the narrative in a fufilling way.

Is it worth it to continue holding out for updated translations that will more accurately and completely convey these games? Or alternatively, just go git gud and learn to read stuff in Japanese properly? Or are the negative things I've heard about the current patches overstated, and the core material is conveyed well enough to be enjoyed thoroughly as is?

The FE5 patch is pretty good, the only problem are the botched up menus. If you can figure out what things mean what, you will enjoy it, because the story is all right. The FE4 patch is also really good, the only problem is the ending, because all you see is yoanur, and then the game freezes on you (though I heard there is a way to fix that temporarily by removing the patch or something.)

'Understandable' is how I'd describe them. Since bookofholsety has (quite recently) stated that the renewed translations are well on their way, I'd honestly wait until then.

Edited by Topazd

The FE5 patch is pretty good, the only problem are the botched up menus. If you can figure out what things mean what, you will enjoy it, because the story is all right.

Don't forget the Mercs who crash the game if you hover over them. Though you can work around that by disabling the unit bubble thingy.

'Understandable' is how I'd describe them. Since bookofholsety has (quite recently) stated that the renewed translations are well on their way, I'd honestly wait until then.

Yeah I did some more digging around and noticed FE4's scripts are actually completed on his tumblr now, so I guess I will be waiting after all. Hurrah.

Edited by Irysa