Dai

So, I just performed the system transfer via PC. Guess what? ALL OF MY GAMES ARE GONE NOW. EVERYTHING I'VE EVER DONE. I have to completely redownload everything. THOUSANDS OF HOURS over THREE YEARS. SEVERAL COMPLETED FILES. ALL. GONE.

I have never been so mad in my life.

Anyone else completely screwed over?

Edit: Bah...sorry...wrong section.

Edited by Dai

That's why I use Steam. It cloud saves my savedata and I can just reinstall games easily whenever.

Or you could've made a back-up. System Transfers removing software is common knowledge. If you didn't know, you didn't do your research :V

I've had it happen to me as a kid though, which was frustrating, but nothing I couldn't get over.

Edited by TheYukianesa

The problem is is that this has never happened to me before, and it SEEMS as if all the data is still on the SD card, but when I transfer over to the micro SD card, it's gone. Which doesn't make sense.

The problem is is that this has never happened to me before, and it SEEMS as if all the data is still on the SD card, but when I transfer over to the micro SD card, it's gone. Which doesn't make sense.

Oh it's about a handheld, I assumed you meant on a PC.

Did you format the SD card or something? They're fickle things.

I formatted the sandisk that I transferred everything TO. The data is supposedly still on the SD card, it's just not showing up after transfer to the Micro SD.

I followed that thing to a T. The only successful transfer appeared to be my Mii stuff, and my NNID.

Edit: Apparently, just my NNID and my Miis, along with my streetpasses and puzzle pieces, I guess.

Edited by Dai

• 3 months later...

So, I recently found out there was a file I was supposed to delete that Nintendo did not mention in their guide. It was essentially a duplicate file, which the new card seemingly uses in place of the original file. So, now I have everything transferred over, though I've lost all my recent data. Wheee.

Er, right. Sorry.

The method was by computer. Basically, once it got to the actual Micro SD portion, at least, when you were supposed to transfer everything from the SD to the Micro SD in the computer, there would be, for some reason, two files with numbers within the Nintendo 3DS file. One of them appears empty, the other has numerous files. Nintendo never mentioned this second file, so I thought nothing of it. You're supposed to delete it, or, move the files from the full folder into the other(at least, that's what the method I read mentioned. I simply deleted it.)