How do I use cheats for Fire Emblem 4?

Lyon's Dirge

Where exactly are you stuck?

I found a CHT file for FE4 and changed the name but it didn't work. Emulator said the cheat file was not found. I've found some cheats on here but don't know how to get them on to a CHT file.

EDIT: I used this video to make a CHT file for Maximum HP and the emulator said cheat files not found. D:

Edited by Lyon's Dirge

I'm on Chapter 2 and I've been RNG screwed. :XD: I'm trying to use a code from here. Specifically the Army Turn code. But I don't know how.

What about having someone lose in the arena repetedly? this does not kill you in FE4 and burns RNs well. Granted, it would help if you specified what you meant by "rng screwed". Also, i recommend making a start of chapter save at every chapter to prevent this from happening.

Edited by sirmola

What about having someone lose in the arena repetedly? this does not kill you in FE4 and burns RNs well. Granted, it would help if you specified what you meant by "rng screwed". Also, i recommend making a start of chapter save at every chapter to prevent this from happening.

I saved at the wrong time when one of my characters was on a tile where they will die each time I end my turn. LOL

I saved at the wrong time when one of my characters was on a tile where they will die each time I end my turn. LOL

how is that "rng screwed"?Please be clearer with the situation, so that we can help you come up with an alterative slution, Because, quite frankly, i suspect that none of us know how to fix that code issue either. Also, is your "save" a normal save or a savevestate, and if it is a savestate, when was your last normal save?

how is that "rng screwed"?Please be clearer with the situation, so that we can help you come up with an alterative slution, Because, quite frankly, i suspect that none of us know how to fix that code issue either. Also, is your "save" a normal save or a savevestate, and if it is a savestate, when was your last normal save?

Last normal save was like 2 days ago and quite a lot happened between that. Seriously? None of you have used cheats for this game yet? o.o Well I'm surprised.

Last normal save was like 2 days ago and quite a lot happened between that. Seriously? None of you have used cheats for this game yet? o.o Well I'm surprised.

Some of us have probably used codes, but this sounds like an obscure issue. This kind of thing is the reason that i love dolphin's "undo save savestate" feature. To bad snex9x does not have that as far as i know.

Edited by sirmola

If you are unable to use cheats on your Wii emulator for whatever reason, the save file should be usable by any SNES emulator. If this is true, take the save and load a copy of FE4 on your computer with Snes9X, then load the cheats. Do whatever you need to to survive, then save your game. Then copy the save back to your Wii emulator and load it.

This is a roundabout solution, but it should help you. You may want to backup your save in case your cheats cause issues.

Edited by Celice

If you are unable to use cheats on your Wii emulator for whatever reason, the save file should be usable by any SNES emulator. If this is true, take the save and load a copy of FE4 on your computer with Snes9X, then load the cheats. Do whatever you need to to survive, then save your game. Then copy the save back to your Wii emulator and load it.

This is a roundabout solution, but it should help you. You may want to backup your save in case your cheats cause issues.

When I tried it on the Wii I wasn't even sure I was putting the cheats in correctly. That's why I wanted someone to tell me how to use the cheats.

EDIT: Which are the save files that I need?

Edited by Lyon's Dirge

FE4 gives you the opportunity to save at the beginning of every turn, so you should at the minimum have a save at the beginning of each chapter and a save at the start of every few turns. It'll prevent you from losing so much progress upon making mistakes.

Additionally, near the end of Chapter 3 you get a staff that can allow you to revive units (repairing it is 50k gold though). If the unit that's dying is not that important, you can just move on without them until that point.

FE4 gives you the opportunity to save at the beginning of every turn, so you should at the minimum have a save at the beginning of each chapter and a save at the start of every few turns. It'll prevent you from losing so much progress upon making mistakes.

Additionally, near the end of Chapter 3 you get a staff that can allow you to revive units (repairing it is 50k gold though). If the unit that's dying is not that important, you can just move on without them until that point.

I moved on eventually. But it is going to be a bit difficult to train Finn now.

oh, if Finn was the one who died I'm not sure he can be revived- since it's important to the plot that he not die in Gen 1, the game will retcon his death and have him leave for Lenster instead. Same with Cuan/Ethlin.

Edited by BBM

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I figured out how to use my GX save on Snes9x.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/snes9xgx-frz-files-on-pc.300594/

That's the thread where I figured out how.

EDIT:I'm going to start trying to use cheats later.

EDIT: I finally got the cheats to work on Zsnes, Snes9x, and Snes9x GX. :D

Edited by Lyon's Dirge

I entered a cheat to make Leif's str. go up by 4 but it went down by 1 instead. O.o

Then I entered 7E3D9050 to make Alec's Iron Sword Kill count go up by 40 but it went up higher than that.

Edited by Lyon's Dirge