What about a Path of Radiance & Radiant Dawn WiiU HD Remaster?

Alfred Kamon

Hello. So, I was asked to post this here:

Greetings, Serenes Forest.

The Italian community of Fire Emblem thought about sending a petition to Intelligent Systems and Nintendo to release an HD collection of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, two of the best Fire Emblem, on Wii U. There are several reasons that could get Nintendo to make this remake, I will list them. First, the production costs would be limited to the HD remastering, as it is a remake; obviously support conversations could be enhanced. This would be very important for Nintendo, as according to an official interview, they will be releasing low cost games to make up for the recent losses. Second, the Wii U lacks a solid Turn-based Strategy game, and Fire Emblem is one of the best. Third, this would be the ideal game to use the Ike amiibo. Another good point is that this would make the games more available to fans of the saga, as they are very rare, especially here in Europe. A lot of people couldn't indeed enjoy the Tellius story to its fullest. The games could also take advantage of the popularity gained by the saga thanks to Awakening.

What do you think about this?

Nintendo has already released Wind Waker HD so it wouldn't be that odd to see other GameCube/Wii games remastered. While I'm a bit skeptical about petitions, I think it's worth trying to voice our opinions and show Nintendo what the fans want. By gathering a lot of signatures from all around the world, this could become something eventually.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love for this to happen, these are my two favorite games of all time and they star my favorite video game character of all time (next to Luigi). Ike! <3

I already have working copies of both games, but I'm afraid to play them again, because getting addicted once already cost me a copy of RD. It stopped working, and I got lucky as hell to find a brand new one in a local Walmart. My PoR is used, so if I play it again, I'm going to get addicted and play it until it stops working too. So I keep them as valued collectibles.

I also would love for Ike's Smash fans that haven't played his games due to lack of availability to finally get to see Ike in his games of origin and why he's so freaking awesome.

The Tellius games deserve another chance because their release just wasn't handled well. PoR was released near the end of the GC's lifespan, and RD came out around the same time as Brawl. Plus, if not many people got to play PoR, I wouldn't expect many to get interested in RD either. Both games also got poor marketing overall, imo. I've met people that didn't know Ike or his games existed until he appeared in Smash. I'm even one of those people myself.

So yeah, I fully support this idea! It's been posted multiple times too, actually. :P I was one of the people that made a thread about it as well, if memory serves...

I'd also love for IS to add an Ike/Elincia ending to RD. It doesn't even have to be romantic. plzzz.

Edited by Anacybele

That would be pretty wiggy, ngl. Especially if they hire new voice actors. Holy crap. Plus having full voice acting in a lot more places and making the skill system in PoR work like the one in RD, etc. Theres a lot of room for potential goodies and having both games on one disk would be amaze.

Who knows maybe they can revise some of the character endings too and add some sidestories.

Yes, please! I'd love to see PoR's cut supports and some additional RD endings. The ones already there don't have to be removed or anything, just add some more to make more fans happy. This way, people that like the endings already there can remain satisfied and people who didn't can also be satisfied.

There are a bunch of potential pairings that could've been possible in RD. Ike x Elincia, Rolf x Mist, Elincia x Lucia (not necessarily romantic, just saying, something akin to what we already see with Ike and Soren or Ranulf), Ranulf x Lethe, Aran x Laura, Kyza x Lyre, Kieran x Marcia, all of these are pretty reasonable to some extent. PoR's cut supports could also make even MORE pairings viable. Adding these would add to the replay value as well since it would give some characters multiple options for spouses/endings, just like in the GBA games.

Some normal endings are weird to me too, and I'd love to see them revised (looking at you, Ike, Gatrie, and Mist).

Edited by Anacybele

I hate to sound cynical, but if we're lucky enough to even get a re-release of these games, I'd only expect a direct port with minor tweaks and bug fixes at most. Stuff like extra supports and paired endings is just wishful thinking.

I don't see any reason why not. I'm always up for remakes, because they can expose the classics to a wider audience.

Plus Wii U could use a Fire Emblem game and were still not sure how SMT+FE is going.

Edited by Star and Moon

I hate to sound cynical, but if we're lucky enough to even get a re-release of these games, I'd only expect a direct port with minor tweaks and bug fixes at most. Stuff like extra supports and paired endings is just wishful thinking.

Oh, I can understand. I don't really have high hopes for such additions either. Remakes and HD ports don't really make big changes like that. Taco and I just think it'd be awesome to see anyhow. :P

Yeah I doubt they would go that deep either I just figured if they were going to already invest resources into the game that way might as well do what they can to make it better adding in supports in RD/ endings would just be a matter of scriptwriting (I think) and shouldn't take too long. I mean in WWHD they did some significant tweaks with the gamepad that made it a much more fluid and faster game overall not to mention they redid the textures of the entire game.

Didn't those games get really bad sales because they were on home consoles?

Partly, PoR was released late in the GCN's life and didn't print much to begin with and had zero marketing what so ever. Combine that with a small install base and you have poor sales numbers and a game that goes for $110 complete and used on Amazon and Ebay.

RD sold poorly mostly because it wasn't marketed at all and like its predecessor had little to no marketing.

Needless to say though Shadow Dragon which is considered pretty bad by most of the fanbase sold pretty decently and that was on the DS.

Edited by LordTaco42

What Taco said, plus PoR and RD received great reviews. PoR was rated like an 85/100 and RD got around 78/100. On average, I'm sure each individual review varies.

Edited by Anacybele

I feel Awakening sold well for a bunch of reasons. A lot of marketing, it got a bundle, and of course, casual mode affected it as well since some people don't like the permadeath thing. The Avatar and marriage system seems to have appealed to a lot of fans as well.

I think the one thing that would keep a Tellius remake/HD remaster from selling just as well is that it would have to lack a marriage system and Avatar. For Tellius to be able to use these features, the story would have to be like...redone entirely. Soren already exists as the tactician and there are no known children characters in the future at all. Even if the player's Avatar was a new recruit for the mercenaries, that wouldn't work because Ike already fills that role. And I've a feeling trying to revamp the story to fit this stuff would just butcher it.

Edited by Anacybele

If they add Casual Mode, then maybe. I think that's a pretty big reason why Awakening sold so well.

No wai, PoR is easy as it is. Casual Mode is not necessary in that one. They could put it in, i guess but they should bring Maniac Mode in as compensation.

Many people think Awakening is pretty easy even on Normal/Classic... I don't see how PoR and RD having a casual mode would be such a problem.

And yeah, I think an eShop release is the most likely scenario, though I still think there wouldn't be much risk in making an HD remake.

No wai, PoR is easy as it is. Casual Mode is not necessary in that one. They could put it in, i guess but they should bring Maniac Mode in as compensation.

Awakening Normal is also easy. As long as perma-death exists, there's a reason to add Casual mode.

Awakening Normal is also easy. As long as perma-death exists, there's a reason to add Casual mode.

Then Maniac Mode should be an option in English releases. (and unlockable after playing Classic mode)

Being two of the worst selling FE really works agaisnt them. By this time Int Sys and Nintendo should be discussing how to push FE as a flagship firstparty game (I wish lol) and the best way to do that is keep giving FE:A fans the things they loved in the game by creating new games on handheld systems that sell. It could work, but as remake with a mix of FE:A mechanics+avatar and who knows whats on Nintendo and Int Sys head.

Even when you think "It's been 10 years since we last saw Ike" Marth had to wait 18 for his original game to get its proper remake (FE3 book 1 does not count because they cut content to fit 2 games in 1) or 10 games before his first game could be remade... or 14 years since his last game for his first remake.

Is still too soon for Ike.