The Reason for the Problems With Awakening

Topaz Light

Like I said, they don't have to explain every trifling little detail. Besides, it's not important how the spy heard Gangrel spouting off, just that he did.

but thats nonsense because things need to make sense

Im preety sure if it was mr sunfflegus fought anri

it wouldnt be good plot it doesnt even function because it only tells us basic basic knowledge which is another problem with awakenings story

Edited by TTPK_Tal

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but thats nonsense because things need to make sense

The only thing that's nonsense here is your logic and reasoning skills.

Impreety sure if it was mr sunfflegus fought anri

How is this in any way relevant to the topic at hand?

it wouldnt be good plot it doesnt even function because it only tells us basic basic knowledge which is another probklem with awakenings story

All the player needs to know is that a spy infiltrated Plegia and overheard Gangrel's plans. We don't need to know how he did it, where he was when Gangrel was speaking or what colour underwear he was wearing at the time.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Why thats just baseless why would the assassin be level 15 why wont the gaurd attacks him when they saw him pass

Use logic

The guards totally had the AI that only sees and attacks things that wait inside their striking range, rather than their movement range. Alternatively, the guards saw that the Assassin was also on the red team and didn't bat an eye.

Anri's fight matters because it sets up a parallel and/or motivation for Marth's story. I don't see how detailing the spy's mission would add plot depth as relevant as Anri's fight.

Also, Anri must have had some crazy stats to solo Medeus even with the Falchion if he was playing on higher difficulties. Or maybe the Akaneians did enough chip damage so that Anri could finish the job?

Edited by omega zero

Anri's fight matters because it sets up a parallel and/or motivation for Marth's story.

How the hell is that even relevant? Marth's story took place 2000 years before Awakening. Anri's story took place even earlier. None of it has anything to do with Chrom trying to stop Grima from destroying the world. In fact, Marth is barely mentioned in the story (as the "Hero King of Legend") and Medeus isn't mentioned even once.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

The guards totally had the AI that only sees and attacks things that wait inside their striking range, rather than their movement range. Alternatively, the guards saw that the Assassin was also on the red team and didn't bat an eye.

if the gaurds can attack the spy they will unless that spy is like shade+pass volke assassin so they couldnt detect him

You know, did it ever explain what happened to the Risen, or even what they are?

I forgot. lel

There's also the question of why there are multiple dark overlords with the same name in the xenologue with the treasure chests containing rare weapons. And why they are vaguely friendly towards Chrom in that chapter but just plain old villainous in the first VS Aversa chapter. I mean, it's probably that they are not under Grima's control in the sacred weapons chapter, or something like that...

There's also the question of why there are multiple dark overlords with the same name in the xenologue with the treasure chests containing rare weapons. And why they are vaguely friendly towards Chrom in that chapter but just plain old villainous in the first VS Aversa chapter. I mean, it's probably that they are not under Grima's control in the sacred weapons chapter, or something like that...

The DLC, especially Gaffe, EXPonential and Regalia, contains a lot of silliness. They're basically just a total joke in that map, like how Risen in EXPonential are inexplicably veggie-eating crop thieves.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

In addition to what was mentioned above, there's also this- I suppose it doesn't say Plegia is the wealthiest, but its known for being rich. Why this is the case isn't made clear, at least in the main story.

And yeah Plegia paying the reparations and its citizens joining a cult out of desperation(reminds me of Post WWI Germany a bit) could have been interesting but wasn't really touched upon.

This is pretty interesting to think about. I do wonder how Plegia is so rich; it's not particularly fertile, half the land's seemingly covered by deserts or swamp, so they can't be a large agricultural power. They're not stated to be rich in natural resources, nor are they friendly with any of the other major countries we see, so they're not a strong mercantile power either. It almost seems like nobody does anything there except join cults or raid villages :P though to be fair, it's not really necessary to know the particulars in any real detail. The main problem I have with the plot point is that iiirc, Plegia was devastated by the war before the game, so much so that they turned to a doomsday cult and a random commoner managed to become king. I know it's been years but wars, especially those as bloody and long as the one waged by Chrom's dad, put a huge strain on a country's economy and even after a recovery, it takes a long time before they return to their prior state. In other words, the country should not be wealthy based on the story info we're given.

I mean it's not a HUGE deal but it's something about the story that bugs me.

I find it hilarious that things like "They never explained how the spy overheard Gangrel" or "They never told us if the Peg Knight squad got replaced" are being used as things against the game. It seems some people will really use anything to fire yet another cannonball at FE13.

It's mentioned by the children characters that those Dealords in DLC are the main characters who died in their future(Chrom, Lissa,etc). So it's not too much off a stretch for them to be nice to another version of themselves( wouldn't you be nice to another version of you).

On the subject of why there is more than one Deadlord of any given name, I think it reasonable to assume that there is no reason for that to be impossible. From what was seen of them, it is safe to assume that each of the Deadlords' characteristics are set in stone. Meaning that if someone were to attempt to raise a corpse specifically as a Mus that corpse will always gain characteristics that would make it best suited to be used as a general. As in, regardless of who the corpse was in life, ones it is raised as a Mus it gains Mus' abilities and therefore will be better of as a general. The same things applies to Draco being a sniper, ect. So multiple corpses were raised as the same class of Deadlord and they all ended up identical.

Or, at least, that is the impression I'm getting from them. As for the Deadlords whose classes are different between their appearance in Jugdral and in Awakening, I'm going to say that it is just an example of artistic liscence.

Edited by RedEyedDrake

The DLC, especially Gaffe, EXPonential and Regalia, contains a lot of silliness. They're basically just a total joke in that map, like how Risen in EXPonential are inexplicably veggie-eating crop thieves.

That's one of the things that I love about them… it gives them an extra bit of entertainment value beyond the obvious grinding opportunities that they're primarily marketed as.

With all the funny dialogue I personally feel those maps were worth it just for that alone… although personal experiences vary, of course.

That's one of the things that I love about them… it gives them an extra bit of entertainment value beyond the obvious grinding opportunities that they're primarily marketed as.

With all the funny dialogue I personally feel those maps were worth it just for that alone… although personal experiences vary, of course.

I do appreciate the humour too, especially the parts where they affectionately poke fun at common player grinding habits. My favourite is Gaffe at the end where Fred and Lissa drop the bomb on Chrom. I just don't give them consideration when thinking about the main storyline and lore.

DLC besides the Challenge Map (wow, taking people from villagers to experiment on them) and Future (of Despair) Past are never meant to be taken "seriously".

And yet it is funny to see people doing so.