Valkyrie Staff Return ?

Light Master

48 members have voted

1. 1. You like to see a Valkyrie Staff (or other kind of staff with the same effect) return ?

• Yes, but only in Classic Mode
    • Yes, in any mode
    • No, there's no need

Personally, I think there's no need for such a staff - I honestly always thought revival staves fell solidly under "Awesome, But Impractical" largely because most FE players would rather restart when a unit died.

Funny that the "traditionalists" being the ones who don't want it - considering that the first 4 FE games had revival in some form.

Final bosses in FE tend not to be rushable. Two or three turns is realistic in some games (looking at you, FE1, 8, and 11) with ones turns coming with some luck and/or rigging.

That's not what I meant.

Funny that the "traditionalists" being the ones who don't want it - considering that the first 4 FE games had revival in some form.

Ehhhh, I don't fancy myself a traditionalist - only someone who sees a revival staff as pretty much pointless and useless. It didn't help that they were rather limited in usefulness anyways for the most part (In Marth's games, you only got it right near the very end; in FE4, that's not the case, but it's also got the extra restriction of only being usable in the main castle, not to mention only two pairings allow you to pass it on for use in the second generation).

Edited by Levant Caprice

The inclusion of an ironman mode would make such a staff a myriad times more useful, so if that were to happen, I'd be more than happy. Otherwise, I'm not particularly leaning on either side of the debate.

@Levant I agree with your claims regarding the general uselessness of the staves, though the FE4 usage restrictions aren't as significant as you make them out to be. Either way, it's not going to see any more use in FE4 than a resurrection staff would in any other FE, unless you happened to be ironmanning or temporarily sacrificed someone to shave off turns.

If we're going that route, you might as well just go full-on with a boss rush...

By boss rush you mean that factions leaders returning? Because I could see that honestly you could incorporate it into the plot w/ your Characters being "wait didn't I kill this guy already twice?"

By boss rush you mean that factions leaders returning? Because I could see that honestly you could incorporate it into the plot w/ your Characters being "wait didn't I kill this guy already twice?"

Yep. I was thinking along the lines of what FE7 did.

Yep. I was thinking along the lines of what FE7 did.

Nice I'd actually like to see that would be a good explanation as to why the enemy was so reckless with their soldiers... (I want this to happen...)