Valkyrie Staff Return ?

Light Master

48 members have voted

1. 1. You like to see a Valkyrie Staff (or other kind of staff with the same effect) return ?

• Yes, but only in Classic Mode
    • Yes, in any mode
    • No, there's no need

It is an interesting idea for a staff actually what if you could use the Valkyrie staff to bring back a unit that dies plotwise as a playable unit postgame? Would be an interesting way to implement an Emmeryn/Yenfay/Walhart charecter

It is an interesting idea for a staff actually what if you could use the Valkyrie staff to bring back a unit that dies plotwise as a playable unit postgame? Would be an interesting way to implement an Emmeryn/Yenfay/Walhart charecter

>inb4 someone hacks this into FE7 to bring back Batta

Units still die in Cas. They return the next map is the thing. If you need the unit again on the same map, there's Valk.

smaller_zpsmfubonap.gif

But seriously, no.

Edited by Kysafen

>inb4 someone hacks this into FE7 to bring back Batta

B-but.. what about Glass, and his peerless swordsmanship!?

Also I could see the Valk stave maybe return, but with the advent of casual mode.. Lol, perhaps youd turn it into something else for that run?

Personally, I think there's no need for such a staff - I honestly always thought revival staves fell solidly under "Awesome, But Impractical" largely because most FE players would rather restart when a unit died.

Personally, I think there's no need for such a staff - I honestly always thought revival staves fell solidly under "Awesome, But Impractical" largely because most FE players would rather restart when a unit died.

Its nice in fe11 considering you can use it for someone you may have sacrificed for one of the various Gaidens that you still wanted to use. (See Nagi gaiden)

Its nice in fe11 considering you can use it for someone you may have sacrificed for one of the various Gaidens that you still wanted to use. (See Nagi gaiden)

Considering that most of who you'd have sacrificed to go to those were characters you likely weren't intent on using.... I'm not sure I'd agree. It coming right near the end of the game doesn't really help its case, either. Also, I'd personally rather have Gotoh than Nagi.

Edited by Levant Caprice

I agree with you in this case. In FE1 and 11, it's too late to bring someone back since you're just before the final chapter when you have the option. However, you could kill off someone at the end of one chapter and use it the next to add an additional character to your Endgame crew, if you felt like it. That's the only useful way I can think of using it in that game. The way Gaiden had it was good, but there were just too many opportunities to use it once you got the chance.

Needless to say, I'm talking about a FE situation that no longer exists. We have casual, which gets rid of this staff's usefulness, and most people, myself included, impulsively reset in most cases if one of their units kicks the bucket. I still want some kind of revive item/staff/whatever in the game in some form just to have it. I think it would be helpful to newcomers to the series who want to get out of the comforts of Casual. Remember, just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it!

idk in FE4 it was pretty useful when you could repair it as many times as you wanted and just res people again. And even then just because it's not needed doesn't mean "it shouldn't exist". Gimmicks aren't bad, you know!

Anyway because casual mode exists a resistance staff is fairly pointless. To make it only exist in classic is something I can't really see IS doing. Plus with DLC, which we'll probably get, you could probably just get like a zillion of them so what's the point of playing classic in the first place?

idk in FE4 it was pretty useful when you could repair it as many times as you wanted and just res people again. And even then just because it's not needed doesn't mean "it shouldn't exist". Gimmicks aren't bad, you know!

Anyway because casual mode exists a resistance staff is fairly pointless. To make it only exist in classic is something I can't really see IS doing. Plus with DLC, which we'll probably get, you could probably just get like a zillion of them so what's the point of playing classic in the first place?

I'm even LESS impressed by FE4's revival staff because it's only usable at the main castle. That sucks most of the usefulness right out of it, imo. It doesn't help that only two pairings allow you to keep it for use in the second generation... I mean, sure, gimmicks might not be bad, but adding arbitrary conditions can make them such. I find its usefulness dubious enough without needing to restrict it to the castle where the player starts out... That just takes it from "dubious" to "useless" imo.

Edited by Levant Caprice

You can't really use it however many times you want either, since it costs 50000g to repair, Claude isn't getting that much gold ever (without Dew anyway) and neither is Corple. Even Sety takes a while to get that much money.

I just agree with the general sentiment in the thread that if someone dies, most people will just reset.

I believe that it actually costs 30000 gold to repair? Your point still stands though, without massive cash dumps better spent elsewhere it isn't getting repaired. I still wouldn't mind having the Valkyrie staff around, as adding some small and not so relevant mechanics rarely hurts and can make the game a tiny bit more fun. In my currently play through I found a use for the Valkyrie staff, so it's not as if it's completely useless.

Edited by MartyTheDemonSlayer

I rather have a Necro Staff

Instead of doing the ussual boring shit, you revived one enemy unit to use for the rest of the game/chapter/whatever

Makes for some decent idea for a challenge playthrough and a weird idea in general, since enemy units are generally shit, and your going to use them as a bait anyway. But this is definitely something that haven't been done before AFAIK aside from maybe Necro Summon in FE8, or Tanith(is it Tanith?) Summon 3 Pegasus Scrubs skill.... uhhh yeah kinda!

No before you ask this idea does not come specifically from Walhart's Enemy Unit Recruitment playthrough >_>

Only if we can have a situation like FE11 H5 where you can suicide bomb Tiki into Medeus even on 0% growths then Aum Warp her and have her do it again. That is actually awesome.

Edited by Irysa

Only if we can have a situation like FE11 H5 where you can suicide bomb Tiki into Medeus even on 0% growths then Aum Warp her and have her do it again. That is actually awesome.

Uhh, isn't that impossible, given that a dead character's items get put in the convoy?

Actually they don't. It's the reason you can get both Tiki and Nagi and two Falchions in the same playthrough too. If you have Tiki die with Falchion in her inventory then you don't have either Tiki or Falchion so you get the Nagi Gaiden, and the weak Falchion, but can Aum Tiki and get both back.

Even if that wasn't the case, you could just warp Marth to Tiki to give her a dragonstone back.

Edited by Irysa

Actually they don't. It's the reason you can get both Tiki and Nagi and two Falchions in the same playthrough too. If you have Tiki die with Falchion in her inventory then you don't have either Tiki or Falchion so you get the Nagi Gaiden, and the weak Falchion, but can Aum Tiki and get both back.

Even if that wasn't the case, you could just warp Marth to Tiki to give her a dragonstone back.

I guess it's AFTER the chapter is finished that what I'm talking about happens...

It just donned on me but what if an unobtainable unbreakable (or a standard one with some skill to prevent usage)version were in the hands of a boss(most likely final boss as otherwise people could abuse this for grinding)? Every turn they could keep bringing back powerful enemies or perhaps choose to nuke one of your units w/ high powered magic/status...

It just donned on me but what if an unobtainable unbreakable (or a standard one with some skill to prevent usage)version were in the hands of a boss(most likely final boss as otherwise people could abuse this for grinding)? Every turn they could keep bringing back powerful enemies or perhaps choose to nuke one of your units w/ high powered magic/status...

If we're going that route, you might as well just go full-on with a boss rush...

If we're going that route, you might as well just go full-on with a boss rush...

Final bosses in FE tend not to be rushable. Two or three turns is realistic in some games (looking at you, FE1, 8, and 11) with ones turns coming with some luck and/or rigging.