Ilyana

StalkerPizza

Any character can be decent with data transfer. Even Calill...

Illyana is hard to raise because Thunder magic sucks and I personally don't like her.

Yes, but can she double? I never understood why she couldn't ever double anything when she has an atrocious STR growth and won't have much AS loss.

Why don't you like her? :o

Edited by StalkerPizza

Yes, but can she double? I never understood why she couldn't ever double anything when she has an atrocious STR growth and won't have much AS loss.

Why don't you like her? :o

As a character, she's fine, but as a unit she's blegh.

yeah, she'll double and hit well while doing good damage, so the more stats you cap with her, the better. I managed to get all of her stats capped in PoR except for HP and luck

yeah, she'll double and hit well while doing good damage, so the more stats you cap with her, the better. I managed to get all of her stats capped in PoR except for HP and luck

Unfortunatly, without that PoR bonus, she turns out rather meh in RD, which is why people like me, those who don't have PoR, don't use her and consider her to be a sub-par unit.

Okay. Thats good.

I was gonna try to use her with the data transfer to see if she was good, but I was too afraid to try it myself because I would either be wasting BEXP and EXP on a worthless unit or using them on a decent unit.

And yes, I do want to use all SS weapons.

Thank you all!

Unfortunatly, without that PoR bonus, she turns out rather meh in RD, which is why people like me, those who don't have PoR, don't use her and consider her to be a sub-par unit.

yeah true, she doesn't do too well without the transfer. All those +2's for me really do help out a lot

Will Ilyana usually cap speed at 20/20 in PoR?

One of the follies I see people often get into when considering transfer data is that they think a transfer is going to fix problem stats for any given character. I think Astrid is the only unit that's likely to cap things that are problem areas for her in RD, at least initially (because her bases, while being decent for a level 1 paladin, are really low considering everyone else around her is already level 8 or 9 with much better stats). Oh, and Jill. Jill could use the strength and skill boost she can potentially get.

Addendum: ALSO ABOUT ILYANA, keep in mind that using her to make her viable enough for part 3 of the game means that you'll likely have some underleveled Dawn Brigade guys for their few part 3 maps. I think it's worth using everyone at least once for end-game, but it's still handy information to have.

Edited by sandmanccl

Will Ilyana usually cap speed at 20/20 in PoR?

no she wont. I have to rig her speed, strength and defense. Her skill and resistane need a little watching as well

IMO, Ilyana is the hardest to cap all my desired stats that I want her to cap

I disgaree with that, I played FE10, without giving any POR bonus to Ilyana and she still capped everything. She is very useful in Normal or Hard Mode for taking out the dragons with rexbolt. She is not even that difficult to level up, considering you can use her in Part 1 and part 3.

Yes her speed cap is low compared to other Sages, but it is not much major difference.

Edited by Dark Sage

I disgaree with that, I played FE10, without giving any POR bonus to Ilyana and she still capped everything. She is very useful in Normal or Hard Mode for taking out the dragons with rexbolt. She is not even that difficult to level up, considering you can use her in Part 1 and part 3.

Yes her speed cap is low compared to other Sages, but it is not much major difference.

You're forgetting the fact that Thunder Magic sucks. Badly. Until she promotes, she's stuck with horrible magic. The only use for her in Hard Mode is to take out the Dragons, but you have better units to raise.

Edited by ChaosNinji

You're forgetting the fact that Thunder Magic sucks. Badly. Until she promotes, she's stuck with horrible magic. The only use for her in Hard Mode is to take out the Dragons, because you have better units to raise.

Your right, Thunder Magic does suck.

I've never had that much trouble with thunder magic. There's VERY RARELY a situation where my mages can't one-round a unit unless they switch to a stronger magic tome. Plus, natural crit + Ilyana's high luck means she crits fairly often.