Which cavalier to make a Great knight?

Out of those, Franz. He's the most solid for handling enemies at range.

What happen to this forum if even mods are giving bad advices?

If you want best team don't turn anyone into GK. Axes are quite good (especially hand axe), but it's not your only long range attack. Cavaliers have good enough stats to ORKO almost everything even with shitty weapons. Overall extra movement is much, much better.

If you like GKs make few of them. I respect reasons why people like them. Everybody are doing something just for fun. However if you ask for strategic advise don't expect that someone who know anything about playing effective tell you that you should promote cavaliers to GKs. GK is just clearly worse class than palladins.

By the way, I have seen people recommend Hero Ross.

It seems you think thats the worst option than other (spoiler: no, it's not).

Of course pirate is better choice for Ross because of +1 speed, but if you choose hero you still have same speed as berserker.

Edited by Nicolas

I think most of us are agreed on Franz. xD

He was pretty ok, didnt have any other great knights in my roster. SInce you know, Seth was a God unit.

What happen to this forum if even mods are giving bad advices?

He said he wanted one Great Knight. I determined which one I felt was the best. The quality of Great Knight as a class did not apply.

Don't tell me I'm giving bad advice when you don't even know what the person who's asking is looking for.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Of course pirate is better choice for Ross because of +1 speed, but if you choose hero you still have same speed as berserker.

And if you make him a Pirate, you also need an Ocean Seal, of which there's only one before chapter 14.

Edited by Levant Caprice

And if you make him a Pirate, you also need an Ocean Seal, of which there's only one before chapter 14.

to be fair only ross and colm can actually use it

and promoting colm is uh, kind of hard sometimes. Espcially by chapter 9.

It's mainly LTC move-wh**es who thinks no-8-MOV-means-worst-FE-class-evar. It's only desert stage & the wooded-terrain heavy Darkling Woods where that's really a disadvantage

By the way made Forde my GK (and I don't go everybody-must-be-only-that-one-class way e.g. Sage Artur, MK Lute, Hero Ross are not playing FE:SS wrong)

that was unwarranted because you haven't actually been involved with anyone who does ltc.

the rate the unit threads don't count.

On topic: GK's look cool and have pretty high caps. In exchange for 6 move, they get axes and higher promotion gains. This means that Forde/Kyle become better than mediocre combat units. It also means Gilliam can catch up!.

Medis Tome!trainee->Knight-> GK Amelia is fun if you saved her for postgame.