Does anyone else....

MCProductions

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, playing FE5 blind gives you an around 50% chance of losing most of your characters by chapter 5.

For some reason I feel intrigued...I mean, it can't be much different than genealogy. It's both on the same console, and as we've seen the same-console fire emblems are pretty alike. And you can always restart the chapter if you got hit by an unexpected reinforcement or something...right? But sounds interesting...

Well people who've played the game before know what I mean. It's a great game, although I'm not sure if there's a good patch out there. (One has no story and the other has the story but garbled menus.) it's very different than genealogy, mostly because map sizes were reduced to the average size of other fire emblem games. I'm sure you would enjoy it if you tried, as there are many familiar characters. If you decide doing it, I will give you one piece of advice. Use all three save slots, and save each chapter in a different spot.

Well people who've played the game before know what I mean. It's a great game, although I'm not sure if there's a good patch out there. (One has no story and the other has the story but garbled menus.) it's very different than genealogy, mostly because map sizes were reduced to the average size of other fire emblem games. I'm sure you would enjoy it if you tried, as there are many familiar characters. If you decide doing it, I will give you one piece of advice. Use all three save slots, and save each chapter in a different spot.

Good advice, Especially since Chapter 4 will drop one heck of a bomb on you if your playing blind.

Haha, playing FE5 blind gives you an around 50% chance of losing most of your characters by chapter 5.

Fortunately pretty much every character in the game save maybe Ronan is a viable combat unit or stave bot (and stave bots are ridiculously necessary in this game)

There are quite a few frustrating random factors yeah. The reinforcements.. Dashin etc.

that 1st time you escape with leif and then realize you lost your only decent units and cant recruit asvel :(

Fortunately pretty much every character in the game save maybe Ronan is a viable combat unit or stave bot (and stave bots are ridiculously necessary in this game)

Many more unviable in combat shanam eda marty tanya miranda etc.

Giving Ronan Neir and Hezul fixes all his problems really but without scroll aboose he is a bad bad unit

Reclass him to mage :^)

Edit:He also needs blaggi dain and sety and noba

Edited by TTPK_Tal

that 1st time you escape with leif and then realize you lost your only decent units and cant recruit asvel :(

Many more unviable in combat shanam eda marty tanya miranda etc.

Giving Ronan Neir and Hezul fixes all his problems really but without scroll aboose he is a bad bad unit

Reclass him to mage :^)

Edit:He also needs blaggi dain and sety

I didn't get Shanam or Miranda because I choose the other route so I can't comment on their combat viability. But Shanam does have Bargain which I imagine is very useful and gives him his own niche. (glancing at her stats, Miranda seems to have a decent magic and speed growth, I have a hard time believing she's completely useless given the existence of scrolls). Marty is out classed by Orsin and Halvin but he still does have his own perks, namely his massive con which lets him capture anything. He also comes so early that I imagine scrolls can make him more than viable as a combat unit. I'lll agree that claiming everyone is good as a combat unit isn't quite true but I think everyone in the game has some reason to be included on your team so if you do lose half your army, the game gives you replacements that won't necessarily make the game much harder.

I didn't get Shanam or Miranda because I choose the other route so I can't comment on their combat viability. But Shanam does have Bargain which I imagine is very useful and gives him his own niche. (glancing at her stats, Miranda seems to have a decent magic and speed growth, I have a hard time believing she's completely useless given the existence of scrolls). Marty is out classed by Orsin and Halvin but he still does have his own perks, namely his massive con which lets him capture anything. He also comes so early that I imagine scrolls can make him more than viable as a combat unit. I'lll agree that claiming everyone is good as a combat unit isn't quite true but I think everyone in the game has some reason to be included on your team so if you do lose half your army, the game gives you replacements that won't necessarily make the game much harder.

Everyone has a niche shanam gives your mareeta astra thus making her allmost as good as her father and bargains always decent but capturing already makes getting money kinda useless

I dont judge by scroll aboose

martys early capture niche is crap because of 0 base speed and being outclassed by dagda

cuz you know dagda is awesome

marty needs more scrolls then even ronan to make his combat good

I'm not saying she's better for the whole game, I'm saying that in chapter 4 alone shes better due to easier accessibilty.

False you open leifs and lifis door with lara

lifis takes the lockpicks from lara

lifis is less fail durabillity wise and probably gained a lvl or 2 or even 3

Lifis does what lara does just better in anyway until chapter 12 where she switches from being a fail unit to a dancer and being a dancer=Giving Othin Shiva Safy Finn Halvan Felgus an extra turn aka godly unit

Edit:Fuck my life I swear I didnt double post why did it double post for gods sake i swear i pressed edit

MODEDIT: i think you know but don't doublepost yo

Edited by Integrity

Everyone has a niche shanam gives your mareeta astra thus making her allmost as good as her father and bargains always decent but capturing already makes getting money kinda useless

I dont judge by scroll aboose

martys early capture niche is crap because of 0 base speed and being outclassed by dagda

cuz you know dagda is awesome

marty needs more scrolls then even ronan to make his combat good

I think in the case of Marty and Ronan they were expecting to you to Scroll abuse given their join time and growths. It's not like it's a cheat or something you need to restart the game several times to achieve. Nonetheless, Marty's insane bld growth of 75, when most characters have like 2, suggests capturing is definitely what they wanted you to do with him while Ronan was meant to be some kind of mage killing archer.

My guess is that they accidental swapped Ronan's Str/Magic growths. Or alternatively that they acciently swapped the growths from Ronan and Saphy, given that her ridicoulus high str growth makes absolutedly no sense and it's quite noteable that her non-existent luck growth is inconsistent with those of the other staff users.

Of course Thracia is rather weird with growths in general. Like, there are several units that share the exact same growths as Olwen as if they were some sort of placeholder. Especially since one of them is Galzus, who can't get any levels anyway.

Edited by BrightBow

I think in the case of Marty and Ronan they were expecting to you to Scroll abuse given their join time and growths. It's not like it's a cheat or something you need to restart the game several times to achieve. Nonetheless, Marty's insane bld growth of 75, when most characters have like 2, suggests capturing is definitely what they wanted you to do with him while Ronan was meant to be some kind of mage killing archer.

most characters have there build ranging beetween 15~25%

I still dont judge by scrolling and its optional what if I wanna scroll a better character like finn or felgus

My guess is that they accidental swapped Ronan's Str/Magic growths. Or alternatively that they acciently swapped the growths from Ronan and Saphy, given that her ridicoulus high str growth makes absolutedly no sense and it's quite noteable that her non-existent luck growth is inconsistent with those of the other staff users.

Of course Thracia is rather weird with growths in general. Like, there are several units that share the exact same growths as Olwen as if they were some sort of placeholder. Especially since one of them is Galzus, who can't get any levels anyway.

30% growth isnt that high buddy

Xavier Eyrios Galzus and Olwen all share the same growths Eyrios and Olwen is the only thing thats passable about those growths

The 3 Fs

Fin Felgus Safy

Edited by TTPK_Tal

30% growth isnt that high buddy

It's pretty damn high when compared to anyone else incapable of using a physical weapon like her:

Asvel: 10%

Sety: 10%

Linoan: 3%

Salem: 5%

Sleuf: 3%

Tina: 3%

Homeros: 0%

Sara: 0%

Cyas: 0%

It's not even a comparision.

Edited by BrightBow

most characters have there build ranging beetween 15~25%

Just checking the growth rates we have on this site and counting them up, I see 23 characters with a bld growth rate of 15% or higher. Leaving 29 with a growth rate of 10% or less. So while higher growth rates aren't altogether uncommon, most of the cast still have pretty low growth rates. That aside, the next highest growth after Marty's 75% is Ralph's 35% which is less than half of Marty's. So Marty was designed to be able to capture anything. Funily enough since he starts with great BLD too, the stat cap actually quickly makes his high bld growth pointless since he'll max it out rather quickly.

Just checking the growth rates we have on this site and counting them up, I see 23 characters with a bld growth rate of 15% or higher. Leaving 29 with a growth rate of 10% or less. So while higher growth rates aren't altogether uncommon, most of the cast still have pretty low growth rates. That aside, the next highest growth after Marty's 75% is Ralph's 35% which is less than half of Marty's. So Marty was designed to be able to capture anything. Funily enough since he starts with great BLD too, the stat cap actually quickly makes his high bld growth pointless since he'll max it out rather quickly.

Give the scrolls to othin or halvan you get better units doing the same thing that he does just better promote into a better class and double things and the only need a neir scroll to do it (after lifis reaches 0/20)

safy has the same growth as brighton scray

Edited by TTPK_Tal

Ronan the Accuser kinda wants his hammer.

To be honest, when I want a bow user, I give Dagda bows and use Selfina or Robert.

I really like fe5 for it's uniqueness in the series and for having the BEST axe dudes in all of FE. Othin's so bro, Halvan's good, Dagda is king, and Marty is alright.

Oh and a build abused Lifis is the funnest thing to play with lol. He robs the promoted dude before Mareeta shows up in that one manster chapter.

Actually, come to think of it, the only mediocre unit in manster iirc is Machua. Dalshin kinda has a purpose there being the default capture dude, and Lana [i think i got her name wrong] is handy as utility.

Fergus/Asvel/Brighton are all bro. Karin is a pain to baby up, and I think Hick's is kinda average.

Then again, in fe5, Ralph is a perfectly useable dude.

Machya's utility comes form her availablity. She's not terrific but she is decent and she gets in early. She also gets axes on promotion if you want to go axe crazy. Dalsin is also the only armor knight you'll use until Xavier shows up and you're crazy enough to recruit him. And in that game I don't think armor knigths are all that terrible. He also has the near unique ability to use lances in doors for what it's worth.

Ronan the Accuser kinda wants his hammer.

To be honest, when I want a bow user, I give Dagda bows and use Selfina or Robert.

I really like fe5 for it's uniqueness in the series and for having the BEST axe dudes in all of FE. Othin's so bro, Halvan's good, Dagda is king, and Marty is alright.

Oh and a build abused Lifis is the funnest thing to play with lol. He robs the promoted dude before Mareeta shows up in that one manster chapter.

Actually, come to think of it, the only mediocre unit in manster iirc is Machua. Dalshin kinda has a purpose there being the default capture dude, and Lana [i think i got her name wrong] is handy as utility.

Fergus/Asvel/Brighton are all bro. Karin is a pain to baby up, and I think Hick's is kinda average.

Then again, in fe5, Ralph is a perfectly useable dude.

Take Bryghton Remove wrath give slightly better growths and here you have hicks he isnt bro but he is a decent unit

Fergus is SUPER BRO

Asvel is SUPER BRO

Brighton is SUPER BRO in manster and BRO in the rest

Karin is Baby and then you got a cool decent unit (oh wait we already have dean)

Othin is MEGA BRO

Finn is MEGA BRO

Shiva is SUPER BRO

Dagda is AWESOME

Halvan is SUPER BRO

Marty is Meh bro

Leaf is Bro

Edited by TTPK_Tal

Take Bryghton Remove wrath give slightly better growths and here you have hicks he isnt bro but he is a decent unit

Fergus is SUPER BRO

Asvel is Bro

Brighton is SUPER BRO in manster and BRO in the rest

Karin is Baby and then you got a cool decent unit (oh wait we already have dean)

Othin is MEGA BRO

Finn is MEGA BRO

Shiva is SUPER BRO

Dagda is AWESOME

Halvan is SUPER BRO

Marty is Meh bro

Come on. Asvel deserves something better than Bro. Grafcalibur has more crit, might and accuracy than Pugi and hits magic.

Come on. Asvel deserves something better than Bro. Grafcalibur has more crit, might and accuracy than Pugi and hits magic.

Wrath >not wrath changed to SUPER BRO because sety taught him the ways of the broedge

Edited by TTPK_Tal

Just IMO, I find Leaf to be the most BRO in the manster chapters. Gets to B swords=armorslayer=One shotting much of Dashins army. Including Dashin. Also, Fergus can one round most armors with a rapier crit, and with his absurd pcc of 5, that's happening 90% of the time. Super^2 bro at the least.

Edited by momogeek2141

Just IMO, I find Leaf to be the most BRO in the manster chapters. Gets to B swords=armorslayer=One shotting much of Dashins army. Including Dashin.

Getting Leif to B is much favortism in chapters 1 2 and 3

and you got felgus who only needs to hit 20 times to get armor slayer broedge

but utility and lack of fatigue knock him up to bro

Getting Leif to B is much favortism in chapters 1 2 and 3

and you got felgus who only needs to hit 20 times to get armor slayer broedge

but utility and lack of fatigue knock him up to bro

How is that favoritism? Leaf starts at C and is deployed on ever map. So he has no less then 4 maps + the majority of Chapter 4 to raise his weapon rank while Fergus has only like half of a map to do the same thing.

Edited by BrightBow

You realize that, by your logic, getting Fergus to b swords is favoritism as well, right? And that Leaf has 3 more chapters, AND is pretty much the best candidate for the early game stat boosters. Fergus doesn't need the armorslayer, he wants the rapier and brave sword.

Edited by momogeek2141