Questions about Fire Shell

Rickochet

So I stumbled onto FireShell a few weeks ago and didn't think much of it until several days ago. I've been working on my own hack for a few months and was thinking of moving everything over via patch. I find that Fire Shell has many of the animation I intended to import from FE8 to FE7. Since FireShell itself is a patch, am I able to patch over another patch(patch from my hack)?

It is to my understanding that certain offsets might be overwritten also but I'm not sure so if anyone could confirm this for me.

My questions are whether or not this is possible? Is this a good thing to do or should I stick to working on FE7 for now? The only thing I really want to move over to the FireShell is just all the dialogue I wrote from my hack. Everything else is re-doable since portraits and events are on seperate files anyways and is only a matter of repointing.

If you already have a hack in progress, fireshell won't work. It needs to be on a clean ROM first.

As for animations, you can just download them from the FEditor animations topic for your hack. You don't need fireshell for them.

i would very strongly recommend that you not attempt to patch something over fire shell

What would happen if someone were to do this?