Should Steal Come back?

Masadeer

74 members have voted

1. 1. Should Theives/Rogues/Whispers/tricksters be able to use steal?

• Yes, GIMME LOOOOOT!!!!
    • No, go away, I hate loot.
    • Who cares
    • Only if it's harder to use than in Radiant dawn/PoR
    • Only if it's easier to use than in radiant dawn/PoR (no need for disarm)
    • No, because i hate disarm and don't want to justify having it around

For those of you who loved using Disarm-> steal in Radiant dawn/PoR (namely myself), and seeing your enemies running around like headless chickens, without their weapons.

For those of you who don't know,

In Radiant dawn and Path of Radiance, Theives and rogues have a skill called steal. As you could probably tell, it steals your opponents weapons and items!

there ARE limitations though; your theif/rogue/whisper needs to be Faster than your target(not hard because.... theif family), and needs to have more strength than the target weapon's weight(slightly more of an issue.)

Also, equipped weapons and locked weapons cannot be stolen. The first condition can be worked around by using Disarm http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Disarm.

The second condition cannot be worked around without hacks.

Edited by Masadeer

You could also steal in older games, like the GBA ones and Thracia (Genealogy focused more on striking people for monkey akin to FF's Mug skill)

I do hope it comes back to give Thieves some of their uniqueness back.

I want it back for the sake of getting cool items,( like stealing a White Gem from a random mook) and making thieves sometimes more than Myrmidons with even less defense. I miss the days of enemy units stealing my precious items do to their high spd.

Edited by Ace Gamer

Posted · Hidden by Florete, March 7, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, March 7, 2015 - No reason given

I want it back for the sake of getting cool items,( like stealing a White Gem from a random mook) and making thieves sometimes more than Myrmidons with even less defense. I miss the days of enemy units stealing my precious items do to their high spd.

Lol?!

yes it should stalking was the mechanic that made thieves, thieves without it they just feel lack luster additionally I always enjoyed convoluted methods to take an enemies weapons particularly wight he goal of grabbing something rare valuable or otherwise enemy only (such as my Venin weapon collection in Radiant Dawn) Though to be fair enemy thieves should be able to do the same to you(though killing them should get you the stolen goods back)

yes it should stalking was the mechanic that made thieves, thieves without it they just feel lack luster additionally I always enjoyed convoluted methods to take an enemies weapons particularly wight he goal of grabbing something rare valuable or otherwise enemy only (such as my Venin weapon collection in Radiant Dawn) Though to be fair enemy thieves should be able to do the same to you(though killing them should get you the stolen goods back)

They did in the GBA games and it was hilarious when they stole lockpicks from you.

To be honest, I would have preferred if theives could steal from you too, but attempting to steal on someone faster than you would result in you having an item counter stolen. And then have this map wide steal war going on, while the actual war is in progress.

given the enemy's high frequency of high tier equips in lunatic/lunatic+ modes, steal could be a complete game changer. awakening just had TOO many items. Chrom's bottomless pockets would have started to get full.

given the enemy's high frequency of high tier equips in lunatic/lunatic+ modes, steal could be a complete game changer. awakening just had TOO many items. Chrom's bottomless pockets would have started to get full.

Being able to steal the Lunatic forges would be fantastic. It wouldn't be too common with thieves needing to be exposed and enemies with more than one weapon being uncommon, but it would be an incentive to train thieves! (Just make sure Steal isn't a transferrable skill...)

In addition, I'd be interested in a stealing system where your thief's level determines whether you can steal the weapon/staff instead of strength. That would ensure there's still a training requirement and impose a restriction that works without weight (and makes all weapons equal opportunity).

Of course it shall return.

It should work as it does in FE10.

Items, skills and non equipped staves and weapons can be stolen.

The stealing conditions also should be the same.

Thieves must have...

• ... more speed than the enemy
  • ... higher strength than the weight of the weapon

Though it can be replaced by he skill stat, because some thives tend to have poor strength growth.

Heather in FE10 couldn't even steal steel axes with her low base strength.

However lockpicks don't have to return. The skill / command "steal" would be fine.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

WAIT... seriously? ...thieves can't steal in Awakening!?! DX

god damnit IS... why do you keep screwing this GOOD GAME up? >.<

*NOW gets some more of why people are pissed off at Awakening*

...why even have Thieves if they can't use steal?!? >:O

(In case you couldn't tell, I really love Thief based characters/classes :P )

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

Stealing was particularly awesome, especially since you could get cool items like the Lopto sword in fe5, so it should totally come back.

Given that no party members can use the lopto sword, i didn't find this perticular weapon to be that auesome. That being said, it was a great skill that i would love to see return.

Given that no party members can use the lopto sword, i didn't find this perticular weapon to be that auesome.

But it looks great mounted over the fireplace!