The Black Knight

The Black Knight  

50 members have voted

1. 1. beaten him yet?

• Yes
    • No, I ran away

I haven't beaten him yet!!! and currently do not have the game. :(

I was on a playthrough training the perfect Ike and Mist when my cousin from 2 states over decided to visit.

he's like, "hey that FE game looks cool, I'll trade you my Twilight Princess for it."

Me, having not played TP yet was like, "...fine"

Now, in retrospect about a year later, I'm like, "<____________________<"

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat him every time except for my 1st playthrough (In which Ike only did 1 damage and got doubled)

All using the Aether method. (which is mostly luck-based) Have yet to try the Adept/Wrath method.

As a side note, while I do prefer RD to PoR, I think the BK battle was done much better in this game.

I feel super noooby right now.

Don't feel bad. When I first faced him, I was certain I had to beat him to win. Then I saw those yellow spaces down on the screen. I thought: "You can run? Who is stupid enough not to do it?" So I had Ike escape. I got a little sad when Nasir died, but... at least I finished the chapter. On my next playthrough, I did the same thing. Then I thought: "Maybe I should try to kill him..." And I succeeded.

I don't know how many times I have finished the game, maybe... 8. And I haven't killed the Black Knight more then... 3 times, I guess.

Beat him every time except for my 1st playthrough (In which Ike only did 1 damage and got doubled)

All using the Aether method. (which is mostly luck-based) Have yet to try the Adept/Wrath method.

As a side note, while I do prefer RD to PoR, I think the BK battle was done much better in this game.

that and i have beet him my only playthrough and plan to beet him this time also

beat him 2/8... yeah i know...

at least you beat him. out of three play throughs i've done, i always get screwed over. I got him to one hit once, but the reinforcements criticalled on mist.

and i've had the perfect Ike and still got hammered by the Black Knight. It's total luck for the Aether and that's the only way to beat him and i'm not going to replay that level a bunch and bunch of times to only fail each time because the games' "random" factor can kick in for an Aether. even though Ike will aether poeple he can kill in one hit whenever it's inconvient.

*looks at poll results* <_<

well I've only had the game for a short time before I foolishly lent it away to someone who lived in a different state. But still...

And yeah Leonri BK battle > Ashnard battle, no doubt about that. The choice between running away and not having to restart the chapter and taking a chance to kill that bastard added alot of tension to the battle.