the RNG wants shanan dead

I theorize - and this worked in Tear Ring Saga so I'm going to hope that it works here - it's kind of similar to FE6-8. You remember how to RN burn in FE6-8 right?

In FE4, there is no arrow so that is a minor hurdle you have to jump; however, I do believe it burns RNs if you go to a point which can have two different paths (so if you go like to the edge of your horizontal movement, then go like down one space and left one space or something). Try that.

Does that make sense? It's basically exactly like the typical RNG burning except the character has to move through the path to burn it, instead of the arrow doing the work for you. It's a little slower, but it just may work.

I'll try it in my FE4 file so I can see whether or not I'm full of shit. I know it works in Tear Ring Saga.

EDIT: I tried it just now, it doesn't work in FE4. I could tell because Quan kept hitting the enemy and dodging the attack, and the attack had 76% hit rate so it was going to get me hit if I kept doing what I was doing to burn RNs.

I can guarantee you though, you can save state and move a character like up and left in Tear Ring Saga and that will burn 1 RN.

Edited by Lord Raven

*clicks RNG burning link*

4a6.jpg

No seriously...I would never even attempt to screw with the RNG...that whole thing is too confusing.

All you have to do is savestate, burn rn, see if it's better. Burning a RN is literally just waggling the cursor so the arrow has to pick two configurations, if you don't want to actually think if the number is above/below 50 or w/e.

Edited by L95

All you have to do is savestate, burn rn, see if it's better. Burning a RN is literally just waggling the cursor so the arrow has to pick two configurations, if you don't want to actually think if the number is above/below 50 or w/e.

That only works in the gba titles. only battles and level ups burn rns in fe4 (opening a menu works in fe5, but not here). So you need to either go into an arena (any castle will work), level someone up somehow (such as by staff use) (or skip one that you would have gotten), or rearange the order of attacks on your last turn (this especially applies if any of your characters got an unnecessary skill activation.) Alternatively, if you have clear data, you can change the AI setting so that the enemies do different things, which might change where the rng is when shannon gets attacked)

Edited by sirmola

Shanan has an infamous lack of dodging in Chapter 7 for me lol. Pretty sure the group I chat with on Skype remembers

"OMG SHANAN IF YOU GET HIT BY ONE MORE DARK MAGIC ATTACK.. I'M DONE"

-Gets hit-

"NO"

-Plays the chapter again anyways-