I hate it when they draw big breasts on female characters

Junkhead

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Experiences of other women? The fact that I actually talk to women like real human beings? The fact that, as a character designer, I have to actually know target demographics? Looking at things that many other female artists draw? Looking at things actually cater to women that men thinks it's ~oh so girly~ and won't go near with a 100 foot pole? Ryan Gosling?

Also, yaoi vs actual gay comics--one is drawn by women to appeal to women, and the other is catering to actual gay men. The styles look completely different and anyone who has working eyes should be able to tell the difference.

so Superman isn't attractive because you say so

6-pack-abs-muscle-tattoo-twins-sexy-guys

Pictured: Not attractive to most women lol

Edited by Esau of Isaac

I never said superman isn't attractive

but rather, he's not intended to be designed to attract a female audience

anyone can be attractive but there's a difference between an individual finding someone attractive and characters that are clearly designed to be attractive based on mainstream ideals of attractiveness catering to the respective target audience

Do not fucking misrepresent my argument

Also I've been playing this game called Touken Ranbu and if you know shipgirls it's basically the dude version but with swords and I'm going to say it straight up that it IS a fanservice game (though it's mild compared to kancolle in terms of amount of clothing shed) and the buffest guy who keeps on talking about his fucking muscle is not even a percentage of how superheroes are normally drawn

Edited by Thor Odinson

I never said superman isn't attractive

but rather, he's not intended to be designed to attract a female audience

anyone can be attractive but there's a difference between an individual finding someone attractive and characters that are clearly designed to be attractive based on mainstream ideals of attractiveness catering to the respective target audience

Do not fucking misrepresent my argument

Also I've been playing this game called Touken Ranbu and if you know shipgirls it's basically the dude version but with swords and I'm going to say it straight up that it IS a fanservice game (though it's mild compared to kancolle in terms of amount of clothing shed) and the buffest guy who keeps on talking about his fucking muscle is not even a percentage of how superheroes are normally drawn

I'm just saying that all those muscles are sexually attractive to most people, I didn't say anything about the target audience

Except a lot of people are actually repulsed by a lot of muscle? Hell, take FE's Ike, for example. A lot of people keeps on saying that he took roids or is too buff, when he's no buffer than the average basketball player. So uh

The point is they weren't designed with sex appeal in mind, whether people find them sexy is up the individual

cap.png?itok=Ng9Ef7he

Edited by Thor Odinson

Is three years enough time to get that ripped though.

Also, I'm confused whether you feel that manservice and womanservice are somehow different from one another.

I'm just saying that all those muscles are sexually attractive to most people, I didn't say anything about the target audience

*hides in corner and hums*

*wonders why Link has so many fangirls*

*goes back to humming*

For someone as active as Ike who also eats a lot of meat? One year is probably enough.

How so.

But seriously how is SWORDBOYZ less fanservice than SHIPGIRLZ.

How so.

By being as active as Ike and eating a lot of meat.

People really exaggerate the change in Ike's appearance since it's pretty drastic, but when people complain that three years isn't enough for that they forget that it's three fucking years. And it's not like Ike was some scrawny kid in PoR.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Except a lot of people are actually repulsed by a lot of muscle? Hell, take FE's Ike, for example. A lot of people keeps on saying that he took roids or is too buff, when he's no buffer than the average basketball player. So uh

The point is they weren't designed with sex appeal in mind, whether people find them sexy is up the individual

cap.png?itok=Ng9Ef7he

I think we have a misunderstanding of the superheroes we're talking about when talking about muscles lol

Pretty sure that's not the image people think of when Captain America comes into their mind

By being as active as Ike and eating a lot of meat.

People really exaggerate the change in Ike's appearance since it's pretty drastic, but when people complain that three years isn't enough for that they forget that it's three fucking years. And it's not like Ike was some scrawny kid in PoR.

His portrait makes him look all squished. He looks fine aw yeah otherwise in cutscenes and battle.

How so.

But seriously how is SWORDBOYZ less fanservice than SHIPGIRLZ.

In terms concept, not very

but then if you look at their awakening art where basically they shed clothes and hit really hard, i was linked to a bunch of swordgirl art and the worst offenders sheds everything, even panties broken, while making lewd faces and poses

swordboys at most break their shirt and their pants gets like 2 slashes in them, while they maintain a fighting pose

now this isnt shitting on kancolle because I don't have a problem with kancolle it's a fanservice game it does what it does, just noting that the degree of sexualisation is not quite the same even in fanservice games made by the same company

Also you can waifu the boats but can't husbando the swords

tbh I'm totally fine with the level that Touran has too anyway, I don't really want them to shed their pants

Edited by Thor Odinson

I think we have a misunderstanding of the superheroes we're talking about when talking about muscles lol

Pretty sure that's not the image people think of when Captain America comes into their mind

but it did happen, no

Rob Liefeld, shitty as his art is, became the flagship style that many artists emulate for comics for about 10 years

Look I read all 50 years worth of Thor I SAW how that art evolve and god the 90s was a right goddamn mess

At first I was wondering where you were seeing all this fanservice in KanColle, then I remembered it's a game and I only watch the anime.

yeah the game is pretty fanservice, a couple of my friends like it and they linked me some art and it's like "oh a cute design --- oh wow why is her panty broken that is quite lewd"
Touran anime when, I want anime of my swords too
Edited by Thor Odinson

What I don't get is how SWORDBOYZ and SHIPGIRLZ having a different "degree" of fanservice somehow makes one different from the other as both are catering to a certain want of fanservice of which both are doing. But in different degrees. Because one has more jiggly bits while the other is less jiggly. Because it honestly doesn't matter in the end because both genders are being exploited to attract customers, of both genders, which is another beast all together.

I dunno. You guys are just confusing me more about this whole thing with your confusingness.

I'm just saying man, the art in Touran is comparatively mild, that is all, like I already said I don't have an issue with KanColle nor do I personally want Touran's degree of sexualisation to match KanColle's ffs

Like Touran is something you can probably get away with playing in public but KanColle unless you really don't care I guess

Though a lot of female players do what the husbando option, I don't care either way personally but I mean there is demand for that

At the end of the day, yes are both fanservice games, it's was just a thing I noted while checking out some cool character design is all; It's not like KanColle doesn't have some pretty nice designs either geezus

Why do you make such a big deal about an aside in parethesis anyway

Edited by Thor Odinson

I'm not talking about why you like/don't like/prefer/don't prefer one of the things of the things you put forth as an example when we are also taking about one rather important and very delicate issue that can be brought up. Which would be gender differences. Or equality. Or some shit. Even acknowledging that there are "differences" kind of defeats the purpose. Like a lot.

Which is why I'm more curious as to why you feel that one of the things you put forth is more fanservice than the other.

That's what doesn't make sense to me because it simply makes this whole issue of one people seeing one thing as more attractive than the other all the more fuzzy just because there are so called differences between the two.

Is three years enough time to get that ripped though.

Also, I'm confused whether you feel that manservice and womanservice are somehow different from one another.

Fanservice isnt just one thing. Its so layered and varied. Like, theres innocuous fanservice like nostalgia and junk like that.

You know, the characters in FE13 are all designed to be very appealing. Miriel is designed to appeal to people who like glasses on women. Virion is designed for me people who like dandies. Dandies are a form of fanservice geared a female audiences. All those archetypes are things that appeal to the audiences. No matter what gender.

Hell, I wish more people would draw boys like girls are drawn for fanservice's sake. I get nothing out of guys just standing like they gettin their height measured at the doctor's, Conanesque or not. Seduce me damn it

so Superman isn't attractive because you say so

6-pack-abs-muscle-tattoo-twins-sexy-guys

Pictured: Not attractive to most women lol

Pictured: men with physically attractive bodies, who are not trying at all

Edited by Rehab