Don't speak her name!

Dragoncat

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should this song have played elsewhere/should it be an option for skirmishes?

• Yes!
    • No.
    • Not sure.
    • Don't care.

So I just finished that chapter for the second time. To refresh your memory, it's the one right after Emmeryn dies, where you face the pacifist Plegian general Mustafa. The music is a perfect mixture of sadness and hope, really fits the moment.

All of the other non event songs can be chosen to play during risen skirmishes once theyre unlocked, but as far as I know, this one only plays at that part. Vote in the poll and discuss.

Where else would you even play it? Awakening doesn't give you many reasons to be sad while your units are beheading mooks.

Maybe Cht.18 if it had a better buildup, but I think it's fine being exclusive to Cht.10.

Yeah I pretty much agree with you guys. Maybe if we're talking storywise, it's fine where it is, but if somebody wants to hear it during a risen skirmish, why not?

I would prefer a song that doesn't have that crummy riff every song in this game has.

And also for me to actually give a damn about Emmeryn and Mustafa other than "Obligatory Nyna and Camus archetypes".

First statement: Wat?

Second statement: Arent those two also a popular pairing? Mustafa says his wife and kid were killed by Gangrel...so he was taken at one point. Even so, I can't see him and Emmeryn together. The personalities mix well, but meh.

I don't particularly care for that piece of music, but I do think that people should have had the option to play it whenever they want to.

it's the one right after Emmeryn dies, where you face the pacifist Plegian general Mustafa.

If he's a pacifist, why did he join the Plegian army in the first place?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

If he's a pacifist, why did he join the Plegian army in the first place?

Maybe the point of Gangrel killing his wife and kid was to force him to? Or maybe he didn't used to be, but after experiencing a lot of death and suffering, changed his views?

Maybe the point of Gangrel killing his wife and kid was to force him to? Or maybe he didn't used to be, but after experiencing a lot of death and suffering, changed his views?

I think it was Emm that changed him.

Iirc he's a Zerker so he could have loved battle in the past

Or maybe he didn't used to be, but after experiencing a lot of death and suffering, changed his views?

Thing is, he will attack one of your units if you put them directly in front of him. So he can't be that much of a pacifist.

Thing is, he will attack one of your units if you put them directly in front of him. So he can't be that much of a pacifist.

He specifically states Gengrel was holding his wife and kids hostage, and that is the only reason he was there.

His soldiers stay out of pure devotion to him.

I think it was Emm that changed him.

Iirc he's a Zerker so he could have loved battle in the past

Probably this.

He specifically states Gengrel was holding his wife and kids hostage, and that is the only reason he was there.

And this.

And also for me to actually give a damn about Emmeryn and Mustafa other than "Obligatory Nyna and Camus archetypes".

The only thing Emmery and Nyna have in common is being the rulers of the main kingdom on the continent. I wouldn't lump them in the same archetype at all.

There's nothing to be sad about in skirmishes and DLC maps so it would feel out of place, really. As for other chapters in the game, same thing. Except for "Sibling Blades" but I still don't see it playing there. Its exclusivity to "Renewal" is what made it feel unique.

Emmeryn does die, though. As do Gangrel, Walhart, Yen'fay, and Aversa. The Paralogues are all just "what if?" scenarios not apart of the story canon.

That's what I tell myself, anyway.

Emmeryn does die, though. As do Gangrel, Walhart, Yen'fay, and Aversa. The Paralogues are all just "what if?" scenarios not apart of the story canon.

That's what I tell myself, anyway.

"What if" said person had a child or what if Donnel leveled up while fighting off bandits.

Mustafa:

"I cannot defy the king, lad. I know him well. He would murder my wife and child to set an example. I will accept the blame for your actions today. Now go!"

Sounds more like those who don't obey orders get their families murdered to me.