Is FE:If NEW!! 3DS-exclusive?

NoCashOtaku

no, otherwise they would probably have said it by now.

Fire Emblem is definitely not a game that demands a lot from the hardware. Nintendo would be shooting themselves in the foot by ignoring almost the entire 3ds userbase and wouldn't get almost anything in exchange.

Edited by Nobody

At the end of the trailer, it said "Nintendo 3DS", and not "New Nintendo 3DS". I'm pretty sure that means it's going to be available for the original 3DS too. If not, then they would be losing a huge consumer install base. It wouldn't make sense, especially since the game doesn't appear to be pushing the system to the limits any more than Awakening did.

Why "If", anyway?

It's very similar to a Shin Megami Tensei game subtitle.

Shin Megami Tensei is very what If you do this, if you do that.

FEIF has been touted to have "choices" and their working with Atlus may have inspired the name.

I don't think they would've switched development platforms. The game has already been in progress for a long time, delaying even further by switching to a console that has an unnecessarily high level of hardware would be a strange business decision. I could see them doing a port with some exclusive features, but I have no doubt that you'll be able to play the game on the old 3ds.