How did you find out about Xenoblade?

Delphi Sage

Why does there have to be an overall poll title?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Title

• Op Rainfall
    • Smash Bros bump
    • Friend recommendation
    • Chuggaaconroy
    • Other (explain in comments)

Inb4 someone says this is unnecessary and/or on the wrong board and deletes this.

dude I came into this thread to say one thing and you preempt me

I am feeling so attacked right now

also I heard about Xenoblade from my IRL friends a few years ago "OMG IT'S SO GOOD YOU HAVE TO GET THIS GAME"

so basically I heard about it before smash made it cool /hipster

also also I can't tell what your intentions are wrt the board this thread is in; if you want it to be moved you can always report your own post "hey mods can you please move this thx"

I feel like I maybe ought to but if you want it on the smash board then that's your discussion to have

I heard it back in 2010 during the Japanese release. I always wanted to get it. Then I found out only Europe got the proper English localization which made me pretty upset. Then they decided to release it here in NA only problem was it was gamestop exclusive and ebgames Canada here had very limited preorders available making it near unobtainable at all here in Canada. It took me until after the release of smash bros 4 before I finally got my own copy of the game.

I heard about it from people online talking about it during the operation rainfall thing; so I rented a copy, played the first couple hours and loved it. Unfortunately after that I never rented a copy again and could never get ahold of it. Smash Bros just reminded me about it, and I got the game as a christmas present. It is now my favorite game of all time

I didn't even know chuggaaconroy was doing a LP of it until a couple weeks after I got the game

I heard of the game after the Japanese release, mainly because of how Op Rainfall pushed for it's release. I wasn't too sure if I'd like the game from what I saw in the trailers, but the reviews were good and after so many people pushed for it to be released here, I said 'hey, might as well buy it to see what all the hype was about'. I knew I had made a good purchase the moment the Title Screen started >v>

I heard it back in 2010 during the Japanese release. I always wanted to get it. Then I found out only Europe got the proper English localization which made me pretty upset. Then they decided to release it here in NA only problem was it was gamestop exclusive and ebgames Canada here had very limited preorders available making it near unobtainable at all here in Canada. It took me until after the release of smash bros 4 before I finally got my own copy of the game.

I didn't know it had been that hard to get in Canada. I literally stumbled on the game in a local ebgames a couple of weeks after the release.

I heard about it in the Game Informer review. Since Nintendo stuff in that magazine is incredibly sparse (the only reason I get it is because the subscription comes with your membership in Gamestop's rewards program), seeing this random game I never heard of before get a great review intrigued me, and a JRPG at that (given how often the genre gets shat on these days). Also, I was living with my dad at the time so I had the ability to just go out and blow $50 on a game I don't actually know for sure will be good without having to worry about being late on rent or running out of food or something.

I heard of the game after the Japanese release, mainly because of how Op Rainfall pushed for it's release. I wasn't too sure if I'd like the game from what I saw in the trailers, but the reviews were good and after so many people pushed for it to be released here, I said 'hey, might as well buy it to see what all the hype was about'. I knew I had made a good purchase the moment the Title Screen started >v>

I didn't know it had been that hard to get in Canada. I literally stumbled on the game in a local ebgames a couple of weeks after the release.

They wouldn't accept anymore preorders and there was next to no copies during release In my area. I was hit pretty hard.

Not gonna lie I'm one of the mooks who found out about it during the Shulk reveal trailer for SSB4. I thougt he was a cool character (just like I thought with the Fire Emblem cast) and decided to check out the game. Lucky for me Gamestop had it used for $45 look anywhere online and its well over $100.

Heard about it from Project Rainfall. Didn't think too much of it until Smash 4 speculation started and people were advocating for Shulk and became sort of intrigued. Then Chuggaconroy played it at around that same time and I was playing my copy by the time he reached Bionis Leg.

Smash Bros.

What else?! It was to shell out 90 dollars on it at amazon and it had elements in it that most JRPG's just don't have.

...And finished LPing it, too.

Edited by PuffPuff

I heard about it when looking up the release date for FE12 before it was confirmed to never come over and saw an article about other games waiting for a western release. After researching Xenoblade further, I decided to follow it but never ended up legally acquiring it.

I found out about it twice.

The first time was in 2011, and Official Nintendo Magazine were talking about the game. I became intrigued, but as I didn't own a Nintendo Wii, I couldn't play it.

However, life got in the way of my intrigue, and I kinda forgot about the game.

The 2nd time was through Chuggaconroy. I watched from the first episode, and was hooked by the 6th. Then Shulk got announced for Smash, and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D was announced.

The rest is history. :)