Green Hair Runthrough

sandmanccl

So, I just finished my green hair playthrough. I had mentioned it a few times so now I thought I'd make a few comments about it.

Firstly, all three sentinels were in my top 5 guys (Nephenee was #1, then Rolf, Aran, Danved, and Ike following). Nephenee is by far the best sentinel. Danved has strength issues but I'd say he's probably #2. The reason Aran isn't my favorite, although he's great, is because he end-games very poorly due to his terrible resistance. The 13 I had at max level were mostly due to the bonus XP whoring I'd done.

Muarim is utterly amazing (capped everything but luck and magic by level 32) but his lack of playtime took it's toll in a way I wasn't really thinking about: strike rank. Getting to S rank would be hard, let alone SS. So, Mordecai is probably the best tiger.

Elincia is as amazing as she was first playthrough for me. She's tied with Nephenee and Rolf as my favorite units.

Rolf wasn't as good as he was for me first playthrough despite capping his level, but he's still godlike. The fact he's got more strength than Boyd until Boyd goes beyond Rolf in levels after Rolf caps strength is pretty telling. He does SO MUCH DAMAGE, and marksman is easily the most useful end-game class, especially if you park them next to Nasir during the last two maps. (<3 White Pool.) Oscar was good, and he's a lot better if you give him a custom made uber-bow than using a custom made uber-spear, just so you guys know. Boyd was good, but Nolan is so much better I doubt I ever really use Boyd again unless I want to use all 3 brothers. The triangle attack is why I beat Dheginsea, Sephiron, and Ashera so easily. Also worth noting, if Boyd and Oscar are in position for a triangle attack, Rolf can still activate the triangle attack from max range (found this out on accident.)

Stefan and Renning as both pretty good. Stefan is clearly better and easily my favorite trueblade (no playtime and still maxes everything? SIGN ME UP YAY) but Renning is pretty neat. He still caps HP, Strength, Skill, and gets enough speed to not get doubled by stuff end-game. He used the Alondite for me so his defense was fine as well. Alondite + Canto = very yes. The biggest issue with Stefan and Renning (and Muarim to a lesser extent) is that you HAVE to build up your supports during end-game. Lack of supports really hurts Renning because he can't dodge very well and his defense is kind of bland. Stefan can't dodge as well as other swordmasters due to his low luck (although I tossed all 4 Ashera Icons in the game on him, haha. That was a problem SOLVED!)

All said, it was a lot of fun because I barely got to use anyone until the end of the game. For the DB, Aran was the only guy I got to use pretty much ever. Same goes for Danved with the Royal Knights. Ike's party was just fine because the brothers pretty much ruin everything they ever lay eyes on.

I highly doubt Stefan capped Luck and Magic... Otherwise, good idea, and I'll probably try it some time.

Like I said, I tossed Stefan all the Ashera Icons I'd picked up, which is like 4? That put him two away from capping luck. Magic, no, but I guess I wasn't concerned about that. Looking back, I probably should have split them between him, Ike, and Boyd. Boyd was luck screwed out the butt, and Ike's luck isn't ever all that great. Stefan starts with 20 and caps so many stats, I probably could have fixed his luck with BEXP.

And yes, I used Sothe. He's so terrible without his support with Micaiah, I swear. Mic was a lot better than she's ever been for me this playthrough, capping everything but defense and strength.

And Muarim was probably the single biggest BEXP sink of my last playthrough, but that said, it wasn't all that bad. I used him A LOT in Part 4, Chapter 4. During set-up, if you return to your caravan, you can then equip Tormod, Vika, and Muarim how you want with items and skills. I wish I'd have had a paragon, but he gained XP pretty well during that map, truth be told. Gaining XP wasn't the issue here (4 of my units weren't even available until part 4 so the others I was using were plenty high up there). It's more the fact it's next to impossible to level up his strike rating to get that extra might from S and SS rank. He's honestly not that low level for the map he rejoins (even less for me because I'd already gained him to levels by giving him 99 experience in the three or so maps he joins you for part 1). His base stats are absurd.

@Doom103: Thought about it, but it's more teal than it is green and the 10 people I brought are most definitely green.

I planned around there being some problem stats for my guys so I made sure to buy every stat-booster in the game to give to guys that weren't going to quite cap everything.

Ashera icons are easily the most important, but the only reason Danved was very good was the 2 strength drops I gave him, and the only reason Boyd was any useful endgame was because I dropped a speedwing on him. I just wish I could have found more talismans to fix Aran's abysmal resistance.