Sad Gaming Tunes

Magical Glace

I Miss You, from Tales of Phantasia. Not a big deal in the original SNES version, but the PSX remake added a rather powerful use for it.

Cry-a-Live, from Live a Live. When this kind of song is playing as your overworld theme, you know things aren't going very well.

In both cases, understanders will understand.

Her Last Breath, Phantasy Star 4

;_; Edited by TravelingElder

Posted · Hidden by eclipse, March 21, 2015 - Seems like an accidental double-post, albeit handled badly.
Hidden by eclipse, March 21, 2015 - Seems like an accidental double-post, albeit handled badly.

There's probably a couple I know of but can't recall quite right now.

I do remember this one from Mega Man Starforce 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4omE96R1xHE

EDIT: Oops, double posted.

There's probably a couple I know of but can't recall quite right now.

I do remember this one from Mega Man Starforce 3.

Also, I don't know if this counts for sad, but in Twilight Princess when

Ilia and Colin get kidnapped.

Edited by DragonLord

Emma's theme from Pokemon X and Y. I'm suprised this hasn't popped up yet, it's the only one that comes to mind immediately.

(Never mind, I said something here, but I guess it turned out to be pointless!)

Also, my favorite song from radiant dawn! Pelleas's theme!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCJ7FDAkUXw

Edited by AwesomeSauce

Ashes of Dreams from the Nier OST. Even if you don't have the game's context, it's still a powerful and beautiful song.

I also think Gwyn, Lord of Cinders is pretty sad when you think of how far Gwyn has fallen and how far the world fell with him.

Edited by The Legendary Falchion

FUCK! I know I forgot something when I posted! Nier's OST is a goldmine for this type of music.

Oh yeah, definitely- it's one of the best for da feels type songs and one of the best game soundtracks overall, imo.

NieR has a good ost, I need to get a PS3 and play it. :3

Do iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. It's one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

Another good ol' depressing tune is Shadow of the Colossus' Demise of the Ritual.

Edited by The Legendary Falchion

I don't know, whenever I hear this piece it always feels so empty and sad for me, which I guess it fits because it plays in a burnt out building.

And James reveals that he killed Mary shortly before.

I honestly can't decide what the saddest ending credits song from the Professor Layton series is. Part of me wants to say Time Travel (or the great Piano version) from the Unwound Future, but that might just be a result of the megaton of feels the end of that game runs you over with. Listening to the songs by themselves, I probably have to go with Azran Legacy's ridiculously melancholy credits theme Surely Someday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGh2UwtDDG8

Xenoblade Chronicles also had a handful of suitably tragic songs. The song While I Think is the one that got me the most choked up, though. Especially due to certain conversations involving Melia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqWwU9_gf3s&index=31&list=PL74931D74E8A93AA4

And it takes a truly sad song to make you weepy-eyed without actually playing the game. Thus is the case with me and To Zanarkand:

Edited by Ragnell