List off all the archetypes/repeated plotlines that weren't used in FE13

Delphi Sage

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*citation needed*

As I understand it, there are 3 requirements for Ests:

1) The unit must be underlevelled compared to your current units.

2) The character must have very good growths.

3) The character is recruited near the end of the game.

The only possible candidate for being an Est in Awakening is Donnel, but he fails to meet the third criterion, since he can be recruited as early as after Chapter 4's completion.

So yeah, there are no Ests in Awakening.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

So yeah, there are no Ests in Awakening.

Aside from the 2/3 Est of Donnel, I think Henry fits into at least one of the Est categoriesl

Awakening didn't feature a Lorenz type of character.

Though it did feature an okly done Camus

Aside from the 2/3 Est of Donnel, I think Henry fits into at least one of the Est categoriesl

How so? He's very much capable of killing when he joins and he has pretty competent bases!

How so? He's very much capable of killing when he joins and he has pretty competent bases!

If that's what you call competent speed.. Although fixable yeah that speed base.

Iirc he's an unpromoted level 10 when you get him. I forget what chapter though, but I know I've promoted/second sealed by the time I get to him.

on hard mode he can be useable immediately, but doing so requires you to be very careful, moderately challenging.

On lunatic, you'd have to give him a forged waste/nosferatu, and immediately pair him up with an overleveled sumia to let him have a chance at killing anything.

We got no Caeda archetype, mostly because Chrom just HAD to recruit every single character.

Um, what? Caeda isn't an archetype. Even if she was, she's not defined by the ability to recruit other units. That goes to her being the main love interest to the protagonist.

Besides, we already have Sumia.

Edited by Delphi Sage

We got no Caeda archetype, mostly because Chrom just HAD to recruit every single character.

That's not true: Children characters can be recruited by their mother (Avatar for Morgan), and Yen'fey can only be recruited by having Say'ri talk to him.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

How about "giant country invades small country"? Plegia attacks Ylisse but it's not like Ylisse is occupied before you take the fight to the enemy, like most games. I guess a case could be made for Valm getting conquered by Walhart but it's not really explicit where he comes from.

Also, no late game/story based promotion for the main Lord.

Well there weren't any borderline incestuous sibling relationship, though the game still let you pair up first cousins and if you set it up Morgan could end up marrying his/her aunt or uncle. Oh and I'm not saying this needs to be included in later games I'm just pointing out its absence in this one and the fact that it has been in previous games...

Awakening Archetypes:

Oifaye:

Frederik

Cain and Abel:

Sully and Stahl

Ogma:

Gregor

Bord and Cord:

Non

Est:

Non

Nabarl:

Lon'qu

Gotoh:

Basilio and Flavia

Lena:

Lissa

Maria:

Maribelle

Pegasus Trio:

None

Gharnef:

Validar

Ephidel:

Aversa

Camus:

Mustafa

Michalis:

Gangrel

Julian:

Gaius

Gordin:

Virion

Jeorge:

Virion and Say'ri

Draug:

Kellam

Merric:

Ricken

Minerva:

Cherche

Arran and Samson:

Dalen and Gyral

Ethrin:

Maribelle

Bandit Twins:

Vincent and Victor

Cornelius:

Emmeryn

Nyna:

Say'ri

Wendell:

Non

Hardin:

Non

Beowurf:

Non

Lorenz:

Non

Nomah:

Non

Edited by TTPK_Tal

Wouldn't Olivia technically count as an Est? Comes in about halfway through the game with abysmally low stats but has the capacity to become amazing.

How? She's a dancer. She's not supposed to be able to fight. They probably gave her sword access on a lark.

Nyna=Say'ri

Wow, that's hilariously incorrect.

I blame the FE wiki for listing her as a 'Nyna'

Why would you trust those guys? They're so desperate for finding patterns, they've gone to war on whether Mallesia, Maria or Yumina started the "spunky cleric" pattern when it's actually the ANIME archetype of Ojous.

Edited by Delphi Sage