List off all the archetypes/repeated plotlines that weren't used in FE13

Delphi Sage

I don't understand this archetype thing. Are they just considered copies of each other because they have the same class and are recruited around the same time?

Some of the archetypes are meaningful patterns, such as Jagens and Pegasus trios but quite a few of the archetypes people list are just two character sharing a class and obviously having similar stat gains.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there's two classes of archetypes. There are the gameplay archetypes and the character archetypes. The character archetypes are mostly contrived by fans.

How? She's a dancer. She's not supposed to be able to fight. They probably gave her sword access on a lark.

Dancers have had swords from the beginning, it's only the GBA games that took that ability away.

Arran and Samson:

Dalen and Gyral

Who???

Dancers have had swords from the beginning, it's only the GBA games that took that ability away.

I think you could count non-combatant dancers in Tellius as well. The Herons serve the same purpose as Bards and Dancers.

Who???

Dalen and Gyral were the leaders of the two mercenary factions in Yarne's paralogue. They obviously didn't join Chrom's army, but you could choose to ally with one of them for that chapter.

I've been thinking about this some more, and what I really want to see most of all are characters who aren't just beautiful people in their teens/twenties. I know that the game has to have a good percentage of beautiful people, but give me more Wendell's, Gonzales', and Niime's!

Why would you trust those guys? They're so desperate for finding patterns, they've gone to war on whether Mallesia, Maria or Yumina started the "spunky cleric" pattern when it's actually the ANIME archetype of Ojous.

I blame the FE wiki[...]

(Why do you think I trust them)

Edited by L95

Archetypes are extremely contrived so you could probably force a character into almost any archetype.

By this logic, Seth is an Est.

Yeah, there's two classes of archetypes. There are the gameplay archetypes and the character archetypes. The character archetypes are mostly contrived by fans.

Sylvia can't fight in FE4 iirc Edited by Glaceon Armamentalist

Dalen and Gyral were the leaders of the two mercenary factions in Yarne's paralogue. They obviously didn't join Chrom's army, but you could choose to ally with one of them for that chapter.

Ah, I remember now. Thanks.

I've been thinking about this some more, and what I really want to see most of all are characters who aren't just beautiful people in their teens/twenties. I know that the game has to have a good percentage of beautiful people, but give me more Wendell's, Gonzales', and Niime's!

Here here. Not everyone in an army is a hunk or *insert female variant here*.

Considering that FE13 was Husbandos and Waifus: The SRPG, having an army of beautiful people makes sense.

Considering that FE13 was Husbandos and Waifus: The SRPG, having an army of beautiful people makes sense.

True, but I think in a game where you can wed Nowi, nothing should be off the table.

True, but I think in a game where you can wed Nowi, nothing should be off the table.

>advocating for the option to wed old men to lolis

Hardin, wat are you doing? Hardin stahp!

But more seriously, though. I'd like some diversity for age ranges. I really liked the mentor/older bro feel of Marcus and Oswin for Blazing Sword. Most of the awakening cast felt like they were on the same tier, socially speaking.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/kakusei_bk/kekka/index.html

For what it's worth, the characters seem mostly judged by screentime. Even then, Gregor still gets 11th place, ahead of Frederick and Kanji. Basilio still gets 22nd, though ahead of Ricken and Vaike.

Meanwhile, Flavia is dead last, followed by the tomboys, the brain damaged Nyna, and the Playboy Bunny.

...Huh. How the hell did the daughteru manage to be ahead of the loli? You confuse me, Japan. Though Tiki/Rei barely edging out Severa/Asuka is expected, and I guess Cherche/Misato just barely beating them is quite the revelation for me.

Um, what? Caeda isn't an archetype. Even if she was, she's not defined by the ability to recruit other units. That goes to her being the main love interest to the protagonist.Besides, we already have Sumia.

Caeda IS defined by her ability to recruit units. From her backstory, her role in the story, the bsfe, and her awakening quote is ALL about recruiting unit.

She is archetypeish enough that fe6 re-visited her character with both Lilinar(character wise, love interest, ability to recruit character) and Thany(Pegasus Knight with allegiance to a mercenary group).

Of course the one thing that every fe misses about her is the fact that other love interest is not even half the badassery of Sheeda, considering that she is the manliest character in Archanea, rivalling story Camus. Girl flew straight into a rain of Ballista bitchslapped Jake and demand him to pay her the daily member card.

Basilio is fe13 lorenz. Old dude who died? Kind of. Sounds Lorenz to me

Honestly archetype only make sense if we only take a look at what story elements they filled(dead parental figure, main character bodyguard(aka jeigan such as Finn), Axe bros(or in radiant games, brotherhood with one axe wieder), late game joining character who act as a mentor figure, . Its when stats is included that it become messy(jeigan falls off and oifey doesn't but not really because Jeigan falls off later than Oifey. Or wendell have bad stats but not really since Pent is fucking god and Wendell outclass Merric almost forever anyway.)

She is archetypeish enough that fe6 re-visited her character with both Lilinar(character wise, love interest, ability to recruit character) and Thany(Pegasus Knight with allegiance to a mercenary group).

Binding Blade is a mash-up of Marth's games. It's not a typical example.

Anyway, there aren't any ''FE Archetypes'', besides characters who have been used as models for later characters (such as Cain and Abel).

Edited by Saladus

...Basilio doesn't die.

Lorenz betrays his country because he feels that his country is wrong, to put it shortly. The next game, Lorenz dies defending some royal kids in chapter 1. Basilio does nothing like this.

I don't see anything in common here. I know this was a sarcastic archtype example, but uh... maybe I overthought it. (If basilio actually does die, then maybe)

Edited by L95

The Lorenz archetype usually refers to an old enemy general who you recruit in the latter half of the game, like Hannibal, Xavier, Douglas, or Tauroneo.

...Basilio doesn't die.

Lorenz betrays his country because he feels that his country is wrong, to put it shortly. The next game, Lorenz dies defending some royal kids in chapter 1. Basilio does nothing like this.

I don't see anything in common here. I know this was a sarcastic archtype example, but uh... maybe I overthought it. (If basilio actually does die, then maybe)

Well he did die in the original timeline before time travel shenanigans... Only reason he didn't die was because of Lucina's warning and the resulting plans.