itt: we share RL problems

my windowscreen is whack and if i leave it open lizards and shit crawl in

im sure some of you would enjoy that but im no animal lover so its like

mmmm

no

what musics you listening to man

im chilling with tchaikovsky over here

I was listening to Couperin, then I went back to Max Richter's recomposed version of Vivaldi's Four Seasons.

i got random stuffy nose from presumably shitty weather (though my mom says it's about i don't sleep right) and i also have to restructure half my code to get something more complex to work

foresight, where are thee when I wrote this code last semester

Can't beat Mega Glalie on Shuffle and I refuse to pay a dime, but I have no coins to cheese the fight

Going to China in two months, but still don't have the letter to send for my visa yet, but that's the host university's fault

Gonna scrape the bottom of the barrel for the application fee, which I am going to China for two months with less than $1,000CDN

I need to read my books for my essays, but whenever I do, I always end up reading Harry Potter instead.

And Pottermore sorted me into Slytherin last week and I didn't even say anything about fame or being feared fml

Edited by Maji

And Pottermore sorted me into Slytherin last week and I didn't even say anything about fame or being feared fml

Slytherin isn't about fame or being feared though even though a lot of them shown in the books are

It's about ambition and cunning and a sense of self-preservation, tbh it gets a lot of misconceptions due to its most prominent characters

Slytherin isn't about fame or being feared though even though a lot of them shown in the books are

It's about ambition and cunning and a sense of self-preservation, tbh it gets a lot of misconceptions due to its most prominent characters

But I didn't even want any of that either, pretty sure it put me there because I chose all the water related answers, but dunno, maybe I am a Slytherin on the inside. Haven't read the entire series in quite some time and am currently rereading them, I was a kid when I read them, so my memory's a bit fuzzy at parts.

By the way, Pottermore's selling point for Slytherin:

Here’s a little-known fact that the other three houses don’t bring up much: Merlin was a Slytherin. Yes, Merlin himself, the most famous wizard in history! He learned all he knew in this very house! Do you want to follow in the footsteps of Merlin? Or would you rather sit at the old desk of that illustrious ex-Hufflepuff, Eglantine Puffett, inventor of the Self-Soaping Dishcloth?

I didn’t think so.

Can't really get any more crave for fame than that. I'd argue that while fame isn't the sole factor of a Slytherin, it definitely is up there, neck and neck with ambition.

The being feared part came from one of the questions, "Would you rather be?", that I rather doubt a Hufflepuff would want to be feared, at least from a J.K. Rowling perspective; my sister can be pretty scary when she wants to be!

It could also be that I just reread Chamber of Secrets, which did an excellent job in making it seem like every Slytherin ever are all evil, as their founder

DID have an entire chamber created solely for the purpose of ridding Hogwarts of 'mudbloods', while Godlyyaddayadda Gryffindor had the sword of self-righteousness and whatnot.

Never met any other IRL Slytherin, all my friends are Ravenclaws.

Yeah well, JK wrote it really biased, I guess 'cuz it was Harry PoV or something, though.

Also the letters are written in the PoV of a prefect. Just like one fame-craving Slytherin prefect isn't representative of everyone in his house, Percy Weasley (a fine character on his own) is also not representative of every Gryffindor either, but he did write the Gryffindor letter in pottermore. Gilderoy Lockhart is pretty much the most fame-craving character i can think of, but he's a Ravenclaw. It's more I guess sometimes ambition itself leads to fame depending on the ambition that sometimes ambitious characters also intersect with fame-seeking.

Which I mean, the test itself may not always be entirely accurate; it's probably miles better than all the other ones out there since JK wrote it but there's only so much a short computer algorithm that can't actually look into your head and can be easily manipulated can do.

There is Slughorn, Andromeda, and Regulus, though, for not-shitty-people Slytherins

My IRL friends are neatly split between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw, but a lot of my online friends identify and are sorted as Slytherin

Edited by Thor Odinson

Slytherin is Best House

Just suck it up and roll with it. It was said, Merlin would have been a Slytherin. You wanna be a pretty cool wizard who doesnt afraid of anything like Merlin, dontcha?

Resistor Inductor circuits suck.

I mean all circuits suck.

But the thread did mention RL problems.

noob, im having linear momentum problems

(cause sometimes p = L / r, ha!)

|:

noob, im having linear momentum problems

(cause sometimes p = L / r, ha!)

|:

lol

Linear Momentum means like a million different things now :(

Fluid mech is like my favorite course this term but I miss kinematics

Oh dear, I plan on doing grad school at some point after my undergrad. I'll have to just do nothing but study all day all night. How different is it?