Possible if FEif lets you control both armies on different chapters?

Goonachu

Instead of choosing west or east & playing them the whole game:(which would be awesome btw.) What if they pulled what they did in Radiant Dawn where some chapters you control the West army, and some you can control the East? Occasionally fighting each other. If so, what would be good ideas for that system of a story?

Maybe the reason we've seen two versions of the lord is that we have some sort of split/twins to the throne stuff. Customize two avatars each heroes for the two sides!

(Very very unlikely but it would be kinda neato with this choice thing)

But yeah anything like Gaiden is good in my book.

That would be interesting. IS has done that in Advance Wars Dual Strike (in campaign mode)with two separate player phases but that's meant for multiplayer on the same cartridge but who does that anyway? It's like the Orange Star and Blue Moon armies vs. Black Hole.

Edit: Woops, I read the whole thing wrong. Ignore this. My bad.

Edited by Replica Model

So FE10 part 3.

It was okay but it favored a shitlord too much, so long as every lord gets equal playtime overall, I'm fine. FE10 had the better of its lords fade to the background after a while. I wouldn't mind equality and I'm sure others can agree.

I would prefer this over just choosing one side for the whole game. I'd like if there were some charactors that appear in an East chapter or something, and if you don't recruit them there, they show up later in a West chapter. Or a few characters that are exclusive to one side.

No.

If choices are supposed to be if's (Harhar) big thing, then no, you shouldn't be able to use a large portion (if any) of the non-aligned factions' units regardless of route.

And no, don't have another case of ''Let's all be friends against the final boss'' (Radiant Dawn). Go play Der Langrisser to see how to handle warring playable armies.

Edited by Saladus

I'd rather have a more focused story, using only one side. I don't like rotating teams such as we had in FE10.

If this is going to be a Fire Emblem with significant choices to be made, there will be enough variety already, not to mention all the possibilities for interesting maps/objectives.