Coming to NA 2016? :( (disappointed…)

HeartTranquil

Why is everyone saying "good, gives them time to polish it"? The Japanese trailer said it's coming out this June. The only thing that'll happen from then until 2016 is a slow translation process whenever NoA/whoever feels like they need to do it. Really wished it'd make it this year :P

It gives them time to refine the localization. It's a much more complicated process than a simple translation.

In all likelihood, this will be a February release in America. Nintendo of America likes releases significant 3DS games in February (see Awakening in 2013, Bravely Default in 2014, and Majora's Mask in 2015), and the timing sees to work to maximize sales. It could be different for Europe; Fire Emblem games have a history of being released in Europe after being released in North America.

Edited by Zvarri!

Cry me a river.

So what, we gotta wait a little longer, where's the problem? :]

It's not a big problem, but waiting half a year for something that's already out and very likely is being spoiled on these forums and other places is kind of a pain in the ass.

In all likelihood, this will be a February release in America. Nintendo of America likes releases significant 3DS games in February (see Awakening in 2013, Bravely Default in 2014, and Majora's Mask in 2015), and the timing sees to work to maximize sales. It could be different for Europe; Fire Emblem games have a history of being released in Europe after being released in North America.

This is why I was expecting an early 2016 release even before the announcement. Especially since that early-year slot has a good track record in terms of sales with JRPGs and SRPGs for the 3DS in the west (like, as you said, Awakening and Bravely Default) because they generally don't have as much to compete with.

Honestly, what I'm hoping is that the extra time is given towards removing the ridiculous pricing scheme the Japanese version(s) have. Then I'd be perfectly okay with it taking a while to localize.

Just watch as someone makes a translation patch before the international release.

Only a real jerk would make a translation patch for a FE which is already being localized.

And by that I don't just mean in regards to how it affects Nintendo's profits, I mean that they'd do that one while there's several Fire Emblem games with incomplete and unfinished translations to this date that could've been worked on instead.

... It's kinda frustrating playing Thracia with memetastic placeholder text.

I'll be 25 when I finally get to play this game. I got into the series when I was 13. If only the game was coming a year later I could say I've spent half my life with FE by the time it comes out.

I can only hope this means they're doing away with the "story split across multiple versions" BS and that the extra time being taken is partly for them to cram all the content (and prospective content, to include the alleged third story route that's coming later) onto one cartridge, but I won't necessarily get my hopes up.