That Guy Getting Shot With Arrows...

Walker

So, the trailer has a Hoshida (with a hairstyle rivaling Sonic the Hedgehog) getting shot. Repeatedly. The obvious question is, who is he, and why is he getting shot?

So i'm proposing the obvious answer, which is the Avatar's birth father, who was killed by Nohr troops, for reasons unknown (but possibly pertaining to this whole dragon thing). Again, for reasons unknown, Porcupine Hair had his kid with him, which was kidnapped by Prime Nohr Leader (the evil king guy. Not Marx). The kid was then raised as Nohr royalty, probrably because Prime Nohr Leader knew of the Avatar's powers. Cue the game.

Thoughts? Theories? Please?

Yeah I think that sounds possible. Lobster Man can be an older brother or uncle or something.

Maybe...Dancer Girl is the mother? *legasp*

Edited by Dragoncat

Lobster is an uncle, I would think.

Also, the dancing girl may not be a human at all. Possibly an avatar of the Avatar's dragon. (Couldn't help but do that, sorry.)

Also, the dancing girl may not be a human at all. Possibly an avatar of the Avatar's dragon. (Couldn't help but do that, sorry.)

If she's a manakete/dragon and Avatar's mom that would explain Avatar being special/powerful enough that Nohr wanted to kidnap him/her. Considering all the crossbreeding that's been done in FE in the past, it's still possible.

Brothers confirmed?

Qj38MlT.png

Considering that he says "I'm Ryouma, your older brother," I'd say yes.

Though going by hair color, Rinka (far right) looks more like Kamui's sibling than Ryouma...

Kamui's birth father is slain by enemy king, (s)he's kidnapped and raised by said king as royalty due to some sort of genetic superpower?

More like FE5 confirmed.

Considering that he's a dragon with the "dark prince" class (it's in one of the screenshots), more like fe4 confirmed. (probably with less incest, although given the theme, probably almost as much fratricide.) This continues awakenings trend of puting you in a position similar to the fe4 final boss.

Edited by sirmola

It was actualy extremely common practice in anchent times to take the children of subject rullers "hostage" to ensure complience, and treat them extremely well, sending them to the nicest shollos and having them grow up around the children of the local bigwigs, because it was usefull for your client states to have competent rullers who were friends with your rullers.

Edited by sirmola

It was actualy extremely common practice in anchent times to take the children of subject rullers "hostage" to ensure complience, and treat them extremely well, sending them to the nicest shollos and having them grow up around the children of the local bigwigs, because it was usefull for your client states to have competent rullers who were friends with your rullers.

I was actually thinking something along these lines.

Who knows? Maybe Hoshido and Nohr had a system of sending heirs to one or the other for such reasons, as well as an incentive for keeping the peace.

Although if this is the case then said system looks like its breaking down.

I thought the guy being shot with arrows was most likely Kamui's (and Ryouma's) birth father as well, and given that directly after that is a shot of Garon, king of Nohr, reaching for the camera, I'd say Kamui was probably stolen during infancy as a trophy or something. The same first-person shots seem to be a recurring thing in if.

It may just be me, but the guy full of arrows looks a bit young to be Kamui's father. I know it's anime, and a lot of the time older characters look much younger, but... I don't know. Did we get a shot of his face?

It may just be me, but the guy full of arrows looks a bit young to be Kamui's father. I know it's anime, and a lot of the time older characters look much younger, but... I don't know. Did we get a shot of his face?

Could be a flashback sequence?