Plot discussion, speculation, etc.

Baldrick

On the topic of voice actors:

It seems that Marx/Max is almost certainly voiced by Konishi Katsuyuki.

Marx: Kamui, your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

The drill in question is Nohr imouto's hair, of course.

Sakura is the only confirmed sister for Kamui's Hoshido family. Unless it's stated somewhere that I didn't see.

Which is why I think that Hikona is, like you said, a childhood friend. I don't think that IS would say one person is a sister and leave the other one out just for the laughs or whatever. Still, IS never really said anything about your relatives in-game either(Or I just missed when they did) other then Marx and Lobster Lord so who knows. Still leaning towards childhood friend.

Boob lady's probably introduced to Kamui after being kidnapped, maybe as a prize for that one scene where the King looks forward to how Kamui does in the arena.

1. Has similar looks to the other Hoshido sister.

2. Put in with Kamui's other Hoshido siblings.

She's Kamui sister. Not sure what grounds you have to say Kamui can S-Rank any of the royals.

Edited by Saladus

1. Has similar looks to the other Hoshido sister.

2. Put in with Kamui's other Hoshido siblings.

She's Kamui sister. Not sure what grounds you have to say Kamui can S-Rank any of the royals.

Well, Sakura looks nothing like the Empress who is probably Kamui's mother, as well as Porcupine the First who is likely Kamui's father. Kamui's default design doesn't exactly resemble any of his relatives either. So if you're going by 'similar looks', I don't see how Sakura can ever be Kamui's sister unless it was ever mentioned. It is still possible that Hinoka might be part of Kamui's family as well, but going by common tropes I just feel that it's more likely for Hinoka to be an old friend of Kamui's from before he was kidnapped.

Also, can you explain more on what you mean by your last sentence about the S-ranks? I don't quite get it, seeing as how it popped out of the blue.

Edited by sofutoppai

Well, Sakura looks nothing like the Empress who is probably Kamui's mother, as well as Porcupine the First who is likely Kamui's father. Kamui's default design doesn't exactly resemble any of his relatives either. So if you're going by 'similar looks', I don't see how Sakura can ever be Kamui's sister unless it was ever mentioned. It is still possible that Hinoka might be part of Kamui's family as well, but going by common tropes I just feel that it's more likely for Hinoka to be an old friend of Kamui's from before he was kidnapped.

Also, can you explain more on what you mean by your last sentence about the S-ranks? I don't quite get it, seeing as how it popped out of the blue.

Given that it explicitly says "family" and "kin" over shots of Camilla and Hinoka, respectively, I'd say that they're probably your sisters, or at the very least very close family friends/vassals. That being said, the only ones really "confirmed" to be a part of either of Kamui's families are Ryouma, Sakura and Twintails Imouto (and most likely Marx, but it hasn't been stated.)

I don't think family resemblance is a great way to measure blood relations, in any case. It's plausible, but not cast-iron.

Given that it explicitly says "family" and "kin" over shots of Camilla and Hinoka, respectively, I'd say that they're probably your sisters, or at the very least very close family friends/vassals. That being said, the only ones really "confirmed" to be a part of either of Kamui's families are Ryouma, Sakura and Twintails Imouto (and most likely Marx, but it hasn't been stated.)

I don't think family resemblance is a great way to measure blood relations, in any case. It's plausible, but not cast-iron.

I just went to check and it says '兄弟', kyodai, in the Japanese trailer. It means 'siblings' so unless the staff were using it loosely to include close friends, there goes the 'Hinoka is a childhood friend' theory.

I just went to check and it says '兄弟', kyodai, in the Japanese trailer. It means 'siblings' so unless the staff were using it loosely to include close friends, there goes the 'Hinoka is a childhood friend' theory.

Well then, pretty much confirmed, then! I wonder if Hinoka is Kamui's older or younger sister? (and Camilla as well...most likely onee-chan.)

Does this mean that brooding blonde mage and archer dude are Kamui's little bros? I'm lovin' all this family-oriented stuff but.... IS....please no incestuous undertones....

I don't think they're related like that, I mean seriously, where the heck to they pull all those hair color ?

Brown, black, red, blond, and Kamui is white haired, it's just geting ridiculous. xD

It had bloodline. With Hinoka grouped with Ryouma, Sakura, and the bowman.

I'd say that the above mentioned 'siblings' in the Japanese trailer is more solid than the 'bloodline' as it's just to make players question to choose blood family or adoptive family. I at first suggested that Hinoka might be a childhood friend because I find her more likely to be Tsubaki's younger sibling. With Tsubaki being part of the pegasus knight royal army and Hinoka training to be part of it as well, Hinoka may have become friends with Kamui as they may have met often in the castle.

Also darn, if Kamui has that many blood-siblings, that's quite a lot of the cast we've seen so far that now confirmed to be non-marriageable.

Brown, black, red, blond, and Kamui is white haired, it's just geting ridiculous. xD

Actually, I noticed that there's another dude with white/silver hair like Kamui. He's in the first trailer, in the painting behind Gador, wearing the Hoshido armour.

Here's my 2 cents:

It can be inferred that Marx, the stoic mage and the drillhair girl(I refused to use Imouto) are siblings and the children of Garon. They are too similar not to be. Camilla on the other hand, maybe she's the daughter of the Jeigan-like man in the Nohr box art? Maybe the Jeigan is Garon's brother, making Camilla Marx's cousin. So shes still family.

As for the Hoshido side, I have no idea. Ryoma and Sakura are def your siblings, but Hinoka is just described as your kin. Theres also the archer guy, presented alongside the others. I mean, if the man that gets killed IS your father, and the Hoshido lady is your (very milfy) mother, how does such a pairing give birth to a brownhair, a light brownhair, a redhead, a reddish pinkhead and a silver haired manakete?

As for the Hoshido side, I have no idea. Ryoma and Sakura are def your siblings, but Hinoka is just described as your kin. Theres also the archer guy, presented alongside the others. I mean, if the man that gets killed IS your father, and the Hoshido lady is your (very milfy) mother, how does such a pairing give birth to a brownhair, a light brownhair, a redhead, a reddish pinkhead and a silver haired manakete?

1. They're half-siblings

2. They're cousins

Hinoka at best is your cousin. I doubt they would add another big sister/little sister into the mix when Sakura fills in for the little sis and Ryouma for the big bro part and going by hair color alone Hoshido has a giant infestation of red-heads while Nohr has the case of the blondes. Dark Knight dude could probably just have been born with that hair color and rose up through the ranks to gain a prominent position or like Hinoka, he is at best your adopted family's cousin.

That is until my firm belief that they are just your childhood friends are put to rest this is my alternative.

Edited by almi23

Also darn, if Kamui has that many blood-siblings, that's quite a lot of the cast we've seen so far that now confirmed to be non-marriageable.

I'm a little sad about that, but I'm also afraid that they are gonna go with the whole "suprise! you are not related to them, either" route for the plot. That would seem like such a cop-out just so you can have more marriage options without any incest issues. Also, I too think that Hinoka is just a childhood friend and not another sibling.

Here's my 2 cents:

It can be inferred that Marx, the stoic mage and the drillhair girl(I refused to use Imouto) are siblings and the children of Garon. They are too similar not to be. Camilla on the other hand, maybe she's the daughter of the Jeigan-like man in the Nohr box art? Maybe the Jeigan is Garon's brother, making Camilla Marx's cousin. So shes still family.

Agreed.

Edited by Tsuky

I think it's more likely that, along with the Ryouma/Marx, Archer Boy/Dark Knight Boy, and the Sakura/Twintails parallels, Hinoka and Camilla will be your fiancé's with Hinoka being betrothed to you when you were both young and childhood friends, setting a bond between you two, while Camilla was betrothed to you maybe one or two years after you were kidnapped to set an emotional bond between the both of you. That's my own idea.

I think it's more likely that, along with the Ryouma/Marx, Archer Boy/Dark Knight Boy, and the Sakura/Twintails parallels, Hinoka and Camilla will be your fiancé's with Hinoka being betrothed to you when you were both young and childhood friends, setting a bond between you two, while Camilla was betrothed to you maybe one or two years after you were kidnapped to set an emotional bond between the both of you. That's my own idea.

Lady Kamui tho

Gay pairings confirmed

Who knows maybe Dark Knight Boy/Archer Boy will be Lady Kamui's bethrothal partners.

Or like you said.

Gay pairings confirmed, HELLZ YEAH!

Good point. I could totally see this actually.

Okay, so we now know that there are two main nations at war and there may be some sort of internal conflict within one of them, which is good, but...

What the hell is this???

How does it even fit into the story?

Edited by Ryo

Okay, so we now know that there are two main nations at war and there may be some sort of internal conflict within one of them, which is good, but...

What the hell is this???

Maybe the dancer lady can see several possible futures/worlds. I'm still curious to know the context for why Kamui was choking her in his dragon form.

What the hell is this???

I completely forgot about that and the dancer lady tbh... I guess a lot of people, me included, are so caught up with the Nohr vs Hoshido conflict and the dual-version controversy that we forgot there's a good chance there's going to be a hell of a lot more to the story than that given what we've already seen.

I mean, we still don't know how Kamui's dragon form fits in, what sort of magical powers dancer lady's eyes have...

Maybe the dancer lady can see several possible futures/worlds. I'm still curious to know the context for why Kamui was choking her in his dragon form.

This.

It just completely slipped my mind.