The ROLLING REQUEST THREAD(Currently doing: A Hiatus)

TheMoniker

What hack/s would you like me to play soon?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the choices:

• Decay of the Fangs(mediocre)
    • League of ASDF(pretty good)
    • Yuri's Sidestory(okay I guess)
    • Shattered Realms(good)
    • Exalted Legacy(no idea)
    • Shatterlight(excellent)

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only the hack lasted long enough to see what happened when Serra showed up again...

At least we might get to see her in the Link Arena?

Edited by Espella

Oh boy. Final thoughts.

Link arena pls?

I'd like to, and the palettes might be amazing, but the character balance in this hack is so bad I don't think I could possibly have a fair battle. You'd be able to see the winner just by looking at the teams. So, I'll have to skip it this time. Sorry, guys!

Let's finish dealing with...

The Different Dimensions Ostian Princess CONCLUSION!

EINHEQF.png

Just a bit longer, then I'll be able to use the other option...

ZoNgsMV.png

With his training from Part 1?

rbp1xc0.png

When it says "talks about" it means "these dialogue boxes". The chapter itself doesn't even mention it.

MRIrEuu.png

I don't know what OU thinks, but I think that NO.

mp0JfVN.png

What's up with the red text? Well, it does highlight the stuff I actually want to happen!

OfgJ0EV.png

"very beta" is right.

cbS56zO.png

The lack of changes isn't ALL I'm mad about!

gR8aejv.png

In case it wasn't obvious, the creator has disappeared from the earth and this hack will NEVER have a sequel, barring the possibility of shenanigans.

EKJLdfJ.png

So, Marcus is still alive, and apparently got YOUNGER since FE6!

qJVuCuO.pngoezIwGg.png

Is Elimom's portrait changed?

NVFHdWx.png

Oh, right, we're technically fighting for Thria now, not Pherae, even though the terrain of the two countries is SURPRISINGLY SIMILAR.

oEUpk7R.png

Just passing through, don't expect me to stay long.

Enemok?

...Why are you staring at me like that?

ctdsRCE.png

They deploy all over the map and-

7Z4qpwi.png

Wait...

6hg3PKx.png

WAIT!

So, it makes all the units green instead of blue. We can do nothing but watch.

Hi1yFvI.pngLzGhVHd.png

Of course, most of the green troops are really good, and the bandits are really bad.

You know, my old computer could only go to 150%-200% when I used the speed-up spacebar. But my new computer can go up to 2000% speed! So, this wasn't hard to suffer through at all!

VU3cP52.png

Well, at least Bartre wasn't copied!

eFUzlD2.png

Wait, TWO generals? One with a commander icon for some reason? WHY?

IwkUtjG.pngwpZek2c.png

And Marcus is a general TOO? SO MANY GENERALS!

Ultimately, however, they bear Groznyi. Our reward?

NeM9Htz.png

...We're done here.

UBvLEcH.pngN20isXm.png

The sound room is all glitched up too. No idea why.

Final stats:

cc2okx2.png

Lilian was a TERRIBLE lord. Mig stole most of her base stats, gave her standard Lyn growths(I'm pretty sure growths were the same as original FE7 for all character replacements), and made her level 4 at the start. Even if I hadn't promoted her at level 10, she probably wouldn't have turned out well in the long run.

u13wqis.png

Axel was sort of an interesting concept as a class, but that didn't change his AWFUL stats. Capping at level 20 with 10 magic meant he'd NEVER be actually GOOD at combat.

Qwmj9Sx.pngExUz23R.png

Our two genuinely promoted juggernauts, with stats in line of actual characters rather than crazy weirdness. They were both useful throughout the LP, but so many OP characters came along they were never necessary.

t2T2DT0.png

When I say "OP" I mean "this guy". It's a good thing he didn't have these stats when we fought him!

EGMeXEw.png

There's a good reason he's called "The Sucker"...

KJaWhnf.pngpzB5RUe.png

Why are these two even here? Did the events of FE7 really have no effect on them?

4NsXKD0.pngM6PqR4A.png

Our two OP uber-magical juggernauts. One is OPer than the other, but it doesn't change the terrible balance in this hack.

vABPzxX.png

The world's only civilian who was trained to level 7 through combat. And still sucks.

iXijC0f.png

He had some... crippling flaws... but was otherwise a good-but-unnecessary crutch for the first few chapters.

AlAd1lj.png

Level 9 with bases like that? That plus his Anima A-rank makes me wonder what would have happened if I had promoted him too... but of course, probably nothing special. His class isn't hugely modified like Serra's was.

frcNoeQ.png

Not bad for a Nils replacement, and the level 4 knight has higher defense than the prepromote general. He might actually have been good if we trained him, but he would have been the world's fastest, luckiest, and res-tank-tastic knight with no strength or skill.

All in all, the characters in this hack weren't balanced that well.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Different Dimensions Ostian Princess is NOT a good hack. While I was kind of forced to comment in the shadow of Endorph's LP, I'm glad that we managed to have a few memorable moments Endorph didn't(SERRA). Now that this LP is finished, feel free to go check out his! Of course, I'm sure many of you are comparing this in your mind to Corrupt Theocracy(another terrible hack I played, except it was actually "finished", as in, a full-length hack of terribleness.). My person opinion on the two is that Corrupt Theocracy was actually better thought out, even if the changes were less interesting. If Mig64 HAD actually decided to continue, then this hack's balance has already self-destructed, and all he could do would be to stomp on the ashes for the entirety of Eliwood mode.

All in all, 0/10 Not True Art.

NEXT TIME: Yet Another (Banned/Disqualified) Ragefest Hack!

sIl25ad.png

Everyone, today we begin...

DBJW7GW.png

YET ANOTHER RAGEFEST HACK!

HKMtG3N.png

So, if you didn't know, this was a submission for Ragefest 3 that was disqualified. And honestly, I have no idea what to expect from it. Usually they're disqualified for good reasons, but what was it for specifically? Is it better or worse than Vaati's Revenge? The title isn't all that indicative, so we can only hope it'll actually be good!

It can be found on this page, along with all the other ragefest hacks.

The YET ANOTHER RAGEFEST 3 HACK PRELUDE!

8lv1Cvi.png

Probably pointless.

kkb8JPs.pngXD7cuxK.png

That looks like Ostia's map!

atfmCDl.png

So, we spawn in, and then enemies start coming in.

wbQG6WS.png

More enemies...

cts2A1W.png

More enemies...

zRV78b9.png

More enemies...

sIkdEdW.png

More enemies...

0P8kpB4.png

More enemies...

dapVsFX.png

Okay, not only is this taking too long, the map is getting more glitched out every event.

CRX9Jhr.pngUN8sMV4.pngNxMfMDG.png

Oh! The bandit is Batta! And we're playing as him! But he's depressed, because he sucks so much...

zWhWVKK.pngE0RWBKK.png

"Giving up on life" doesn't automatically equal suicide...

Glass: What would we do without you?

OUx6y9e.png

Wow, he sure re-motivated quickly.

Glass: Don’t mention it. BTW, a bunch of people have invaded castle. So why don’t we do what every FE game, beat an entire army of bad guys even though you’re heavily outnumbered.

mRo0QME.png

You could have mentioned that earlier, Glass!

CGZ7dfu.png3rJSmLA.png

Freudian slip!

tVwpVL9.png

Oh great, "I-BROKE-THE-FOURTH-WALL-I'M-SO-FUNNY" jokes. Hopefully it won't go TOO overboard!

END DIALOGUE

mEXY5BU.png

And we start! Let's look at the map!

j478Qnq.png?1fPdIQXU.pngdHk0Nv6.png

1xZovGF.png?13iFJnq2.pngWecHGbf.png

spObvBu.png?1UAiczbV.png?1Sntz207.png?1

(I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU ALL CROP A MAP LIKE THIS PERFECTLY)

So, going by size alone, this map might qualify for "Vaati's Revenge IN A CASTLE". Of course, we won't have to deal with rain, but we WILL have to deal with having very few units that we have to move in this giant circle. Long-winding-path-to-the-boss-maps... and this one doesn't look there's that much interesting to spice it up!

agS4gI3.pngn0gIeZJ.png1VuwJ0H.png

Everyone's least favorite bandit now needs to become your most favorite bandit, because we're playing as him! I think he's stronger than he was in that Lyn mode chapter, but he still doesn't look like anything super special. Let's see if we can't make him into someone worth having!

2Ay8hn1.pngsSDNOQb.pngEpeXFpr.png

Glass doesn't look particularly special either, but being a sword user will be good for all the bandits around. In fact, if you'll look at the map again, you'll notice that the weapon triangle will be constantly screwing Batta over!

qQFOM0M.png

Our enemies... well, let's look a bit closer at them!

51nbgmS.png8u8w7wg.png

This bandit? Pretty weak.

vGZc8fq.pngnTmMTzs.png

This bandit? A fair bit better!

wYF08IS.pngCKrTAZl.png

This guy? Looking good!

So, essentially, the enemies increase in level as you go around the castle! Of course, this chapter will probably be hard to balance what with the huge size... let's see if our creator does a good job!

ADr0ixr.png1Nt4Sby.png

So, the majority of the generals guarding stuff, we aren't going to get through anytime soon. I suspect we'll have a way of removing them eventually.

J9XKc38.png

Some of them are EXTRA uber for some reason, as well!

QRzXGjt.pngRAzjPnt.pngBAUeGZ9.pngcD40VFf.png0YUUa7M.png4lh9bmE.png

Luckily for us, the enemies have lots of droppables! Of course, there aren't any weapon types we don't have access to, which worries me... I don't want to go through this with just 2 units!

Oh, and the Blade Lord boss?

I6FhYID.pngXYZSiHt.png

That's right everyone! Batta vs Lyn, except BATTA has to be the winner this time! Can he do it? Can he succeed in his epic quest of soul-searching and strength-gaining?

See the beginning of our journey NEXT TIME!

oh shit this is not what i was expecting

Me neither, honestly.

LEAST favorite? Whatchu talking about? (Seriously, what competition does he have? Damas? Gonzalez? JAN?!)

Bug.

All of this was mind-blowing.

In DDOP, I assume? Yeah, that sums it up. HOW COULD ANYONE MAKE THIS?

It's Batta time in...

Yet Another Ragefest Hack: Part 1: Everyone Misses

YqaZ4L9.png

Glass is going to handle the initial bandits, while Batta does nothing.

plVFK9Z.pngqftzQPQ.png

It sort of works!

9Nhnq0D.png

Um... hello?

balNpCA.pngXDx6BTs.pngZ7gRCZ4.png

Oh, hello, Teodor. You were the guy from that one gaiden in FE7, right? His stats seem pretty ordinary, but at least now we have more than two units.

dO2Puwg.png

This guy doesn't seem so bad!

j2QwQ8T.png

Excellent! Strength!

9meHqj5.pngjfHmsKf.png

Batta gets a kill! As I said, he'll be lagging behind due to major weapon triangle problems.

m8hURBu.png

Talk?

1EJ2xHw.png2z1TMF9.png

Their personalities are really bouncing off each other.

Batta: So yeah, who are you?

Teodor: I am Teodor.

5rSmYLK.png

Lampshading is NOT an excuse!

uy4lSyx.png

...But I can be forgiving.

9aTatnh.pngalNUeO8.png

Teodor. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MISS. Fail and die, Teodor.

2YJ7cbQ.png

Not only is he not a game over character, he lacks a death quote? Whatever, I'm resetting, I need him.

MZMrMrU.pngawWPqBz.png

Good, extra weapons! Glass has been doing some good dodging offscreen, don't be worried about him.

O03P1Y6.png

You can't hit Glass! ...But if you do, he won't survive!

m2vj2NH.png

Large enemy wave incoming!

Untps7N.png

Large enemy wave here!

Qu7Zu1O.png

Not a good level for the situation, Teodor.

U7rOitV.png

This is me, desperately trying to survive. 5v3, and none of our guys are very tanky.

P0JuBsM.png1FOBufm.pngOuY5oFE.png

Hah... hah... hah...

I'm totally skilled, I swear!

PL5pZzs.png

See? See? It balances out!

I2sDiIX.pngMKbEA5S.png

But seriously, if my luck holds, this hack will be easy!

It won't hold.

rd6cQbV.png

Hey merc, you can't use that light brand right. Can I have it?

Wa54rUq.png

Batta, you suck.

i3ZAogo.png

Teodor, you're okay.

KVZrpPL.png

Batta now sucks slightly less.

xYW2HwN.pngjxnT7a4.png

As does Glass.

6uUSRDD.png

Okay, looks like we have no enemies that actually move to attack us left in the castle! Surely it won't be THAT easy?

xaO2cgp.png

Yup! Here's our next huge wave!

ZIASlFx.png5IeMBcc.pngEMjWlYx.png

Oh crap! How the heck are we supposed to handle these guys?

X8BjcHu.png

We can defeat these generals just fine, but their isn't any way to get past the door behind him, nor any way to open the chest behind the general behind the door. I guess we again have to wait for the solution to appear.

Oh, and defeating these guys would take a huge amount of time, and there's probably some horrific punishment for not moving your 2-3 units at MAXIMUM LIGHT SPEED.

gcgsWtK.png

Prostrats, making the enemy groups less intense with 2-ranger luring!

GRWpJCB.pngB7oUocN.pngjgodW2I.pngGIllFN9.png

You know, I've been thinking, and Teodor might actually be awesome. Nosferatank time!

38oDQ0f.png

Batta, on the other hand, still sucks.

pvxPZqm.png

Glass is just okay.

nlDIS1S.png

So, this hack seems to indicate the author's personal generic boss preference: Teodor > Glass > Batta.

A9C3pw0.png

We're still dealing with that other wave, and now the NEXT one is here!

h5GhBdE.png

*panics*

KIvZoXS.pngv6ce8JS.png

This doesn't really help!

HmIDenY.png80kdzHH.png

Oh come on!

uG5jKBU.pngDVDjTns.pngCoTbA35.png

OH COME ON!

NEXT TIME: Can Moniker beat these super-enemies? And even if he beats those, can he beat that next wave, and any of the waves after that? Does this hack have ANYTHING to offer other than not-particularly-well-thought-out waves of enemies?

It's still Batta time in...

Yet Another Ragefest Hack: Part 2: Reinforcement "surprise"

eD0r5xZ.pngyNZmbrJ.png

If you remember last time, we were having trouble with a wave of enemies with good stats and weapons.

uNxQZlc.pngPqd5mAY.png

We were also hoping our guys would get good levels so they could actually stand a chance against the enemy, and collect good weapons for the same reason. In this case though, since Batta starts with a C in axes, we can't wreck people with the brave weapons.

ge1SdTc.pngsobG7ZW.png

Teodor started out kind of wimpy, but now he's outpacing the others, especially since his Nosferatu allows him to take more than 2 attacks!

hK961bS.png

On the other hand, the next wave is approaching! HOW WILL WE DEAL WITH THE SITUATION?

nOozDyq.png

Simple: Prayer and cowardice!

dvUcRSk.png

And it looks like the next wave is already all lined up. Man, these guys keep spawning way ahead of where I am. Trust me though guys, moving any faster would be suicide.

So, how did we handle that wave of enemies?

Tx638p3.pngl1H1Glg.pngob8lWcV.png

Once again, simple...

5LYsTRM.pngB9460BS.png

Teodor the pro and his equally pro nosferatu.

AKkRfHM.png

This guy is pretty much a lifesaver.

hIu7IxD.png

This guy, on the other hand... still feeding him.

z9o1yym.pngoOyV0py.png

And now our inventory troubles begin!

IySAdLu.png

The presence of the knights means this next wave will be a bit more staggered!

idkND2U.png

Guess who's going to take care of them?

rlbiov6.png

Uh, Batta?

(I think I fed him a kill and he actually made good use of it)

DGUJ8cX.png

I hope we get a dedicated healer soon. I'm happy that we're receiving vulneraries(better than that other hack with the red potions), but they just aren't the same as a staff.

4rtbx2G.pngmyIQ5Vh.png

Everyone is becoming better!

8C5LSAB.png

Batta actually has a WTA against something for the first time ever!

R9M257H.png

And even if our luck goes south...

EkVuYAA.png

Things are looking up!

X9xUNvE.png

JUST KIDDING!

GvriR5u.png

Okay, the majority of the enemies around are clear! There don't seem to be many more available points for reinforcements waves...

q5RIIow.png

Glass re-gets his level. Not sure if better or worse.

2CKuHLj.png

Walking...

qtK4ymL.png

Walking...

8Z1DTOn.png

OH CRAP STUFF IS HAPPENING

jrqboLG.pngC4EPbdq.png

Suddenly, everyone has an earth seal shoved into their inventory, even though none of us are quite ready to use it!

o0lvTNN.png

And the map is now FULL OF ENEMIES.

wwzAslP.pngCMXAkDa.pngeqksCN1.png

First, there's the ASSASSITHIEF SQUAD, lead by Jerme! As you can see, we are NOT equipped to handle him. And no, Jerme will NOT go after the chests, and neither will his comrades. All his reinforcements WILL attack us.

scEcuhu.pnglZXaLaj.png

Yeah, these guys... Oh, and note that every single one of them has a droppable lockpick for no discernible reason!

rE4u82o.png

At the top of the map, tons of dudes spawned in. If we had decided to stay there, we would be SCREWED.

VVj3aYh.png

The snipers have Longbows, one of which is droppable. This gives me hope for a bow-user! But, which character would it be?

NYQUZv4.png

The sage has BOLTING, and no less than 23 attack. That's enough to take out 3/4 of the health of Glass and Batta. That's right everyone, the maker puts us under constant pressure WITH a bolting that we WILL die to if we don't dodge it!

n7Ngwns.png

If we can actually face the prepromotes head on, they shouldn't be too tough, but they have numbers and other stuff backing them up! We have NOTHING!

So, we're being boxed in from enemies on all sides. BS boltings, massive thief squads, and units simply too tough for us to beat. It all seems like too much.

Is there any hope?

Can we beat the hack?

Some of you might remember how I trained Natalie in DDOP, a few episodes ago.

Well, that inspired her to go do great things.

AnwUZM8.png

BECAUSE SHE HAS RETURNED.

VGkrbEF.pnge7fHqTv.pngoKMs6el.png

AND IS THE ONLY ONE STILL CAPABLE OF SAVING US!

NEXT TIME: CAN NATALIE SAVE US?

8oukwCx.png

Sort of... Screw those mages spawning right in the middle of our "formation".

Well...I guess...at least vulneraries have been buffed? :wtf:

I might have forgotten to mention this, but I think they are the 15-HP vulneraries.

OUR LORD AND SAVIOR

NATALIE CLAUS!

Can someone make a picture of Natalie with the Santa hat on?

The mental image is enough for me!

It's Natalie time in...

Yet Another Ragefest Hack: Part 3: Desperate struggle for survival

ngSnKo0.png

So, to begin, I tried to have my units smash through the mage wall so we can get through it and away from the brunt of the enemies. Once again, why did they have to spawn right in front of Batta and Glass?

bpjiiaS.png

Turns out I didn't escape fast enough!

pLrfn9K.png

Batta died last time because the merc and mage double-teamed him, so he should be safe now!

gXypjz8.png

Oh. Or Teodor could get doubled.

Try again, with Teodor having Nosferatu...

CfmSE68.png

WE DID IT! PERFECT TACTICS!

Now, you might be worried that every single turn is going to be like this! But don't worry, because now that we've survived one turn...

3uMfpTY.png

NATALIE IS HERE!

7XBTuSO.pngRO4bL2U.png

None of these scrubs stand a CHANCE!

o9UNuSW.png

All we have to do is hide behind her robes, and we'll survive just fine!

bvgY8Hx.png

And now this cleric is making things worse!

(Notice anything... special... about her?)

fo5qEII.png

The bolting sage is here. This is bad news.

gD8Psij.png

Heck, the entire MAP is bad news. And here it was looking so nice just a few turns ago!

vaiL3KN.png

One more level Teodor, come on...

9pON5tM.png

I don't think she has good growths, but does she really need them with her bases?

XKxX75D.png

Stupid Luna!

ICLwIFG.png

And THIS is why Bolting is BS. If Batta is attacked by one normal enemy AND fails to dodge the bolting, that's it. He's dead. When you only have four units, you can't afford to have one being put out of commission every single turn, ESPECIALLY with the volume of enemies we're fighting!

EYqiT6A.png

Natalie has low defense! WHY WOULD YOU THIEVES ATTACK AN INNOCENT NATALIE?

EpTivVu.pngHIlh4iG.png

But... the thief dies as Dorcas?

...What?

Qdj5yNm.png

Thieves really aren't the best recipient for weapons like Light Brands!

dwvfZ2p.png

This one has a Dorcas quote too? They ALL have Dorcas quotes!

mX88KVl.png

NO, NO, NO

DgtOJw7.png

NOOOOOOOO!!

APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED, DORCAS!

U3IcHbK.png

Phew, things are looking up!

gUrbzJ8.png

PLEASE PLEASE DROP THAT

fv759cZ.png

You know, if you guys wanted to turn blue so we could go rob those chests...

NbufWK1.png

Phew, he does drop it. Thank goodness.

XHS61DZ.pngHqMoRT4.png

Not only is Glass a better unit, Batta can actually get some WTA now!

FoyHkp0.png

There might be hope for you yet, buddy!

JHP1p1L.png

Sorry thief, I really need this!

uhefpWI.png

I SAID I NEEDED IT

xmrSGmF.png

Honestly, this is almost tragic, since most of them are dying by Natalie's hands.

SCDX54e.png

(Not really)

p00TbeR.png

Well, the right side is almost clear, but now we have myrms on the left side!

e1QNzQm.png

And a super-squad led by some promoted dude approaches!

cs1LSXc.png

Oh, and all those bandits are WAY better than Batta!

Q2Jnubb.png

Yes! DO YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?

LXq92fN.png128GIuH.png

Well, you'll have to wait a few more screenshots to find out.

jzZuGSh.png

Come on guys, I need these items!

i5jbgHu.png

Of all the people you could choose to attack, why the Savior?

qVMcWp6.png

STUPID $##@ BOLTING

A8ZW2f2.png

This mage has survived for way too long.

FTvM7xh.png

Still can't survive long enough to promote him...

RaIdJGl.png

STUPID $##@ BOLTING

uEp1Z6N.png

I might have given up and RNG abused.

Just a little.

SVuXeW3.png2sPUD7b.png

I realize I've been forgetting to show the cleric who's been running around making things worse! These are actually semi-realistic stats for a Serra, but true to form, she's too incompetent to use her physic. I haven't had time to kill her with all the other enemies, so she's been getting in way constantly!

96fKKtt.pngv4pRGCH.png

MURDERMURDERMURDER

Oh, see how Batta's hitting that monk? I did thought because I knew Batta could kill him, since the Aura weighs the monk down so much Batta can double him.

Dsq7Xcd.png

Turns out I forgot to screenshot Batta missing the second of those 83's.

HA. HA. HA.

ZmIjPFr.png

*me, playing this hack*

Knxs5nY.pngVeOG2rj.png

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

ZydA1z1.png

And now, THINGS WILL GET BETTER!

uIktFgF.pngelz7IGq.pngvNlHL7Q.png

He's kind of a Canas copy, but that's okay! He needed all those stats! Still can't compete with Natalie, but his Nosferatanking potential has increased a lot!

q05fKOG.png

I hate you, Batta.

81rtSyd.png

I hate you less, Teodor.

9kdiFYY.png

The bad news is, we're boxed in with 4 high-level bandits and a promoted hero, and some of our units are still really squishy.

BciPKRE.png

The good news is, if we survive, we'll get a reprieve until the next wave of reinforcements which may or may not exist!

Okay everyone! LET'S DO THIS!

kYbJwji.png

Batta gets better at pounding face!

VuBhTLt.png

Natalie destroys the biggest threat!

f8yZMLG.png

And then we DIE!

iAOtLZX.png

What tipped you off, Sherlock?

kfoqHHD.png

Why? WHY would you give this guy the capability to one-shot ANYONE in the army? Even Natalie can't stand against a crit from this guy!

yxcFyiB.png

Eventually, he doesn't crit...

FDd9LUp.png

NOT THAT IT MATTERS!

ehJztyj.png

New strategy: Natalie and Teodor do all the work! Will this one succeed?

gzZbIPX.png

Or will THIS keep happening?

NEXT TIME: Find out in the last part of this playthrough! At last, we'll be finished!

Well everyone, it seems that the poll winner is definite: Le Chien Est Adorable is what we're doing next! Let's hope it's more entertaining than this one, even though that's extremely unlikely!

Oh, and since the poll is running low of options AGAIN, I've added some more.

really%20shitty%20christmas%20natilie.pn

i made this in like a minute, case your wondering about the dubious qaulity. but its still good proof that i dont know what the hell im doing with a tablet

It's beautiful. So majestic. So smug. So uncaring as thousands of her husband's clones die by her hand.

i am so sorry for voting for this hack, i was expecting something far better

this comment had me laughing, because i thought the exact same thing

what is sad is this one seems to have potential with the calculated waves put went overboard and gave no reasonable rng wiggle room

really%20shitty%20christmas%20natilie.pn

i made this in like a minute, case your wondering about the dubious qaulity. but its still good proof that i dont know what the hell im doing with a tablet

MY FIRST PIECE OF FANART, WILL TREASURE FOREVER

But seriously, that drawing is perfect, as ENS said. That face...

this comment had me laughing, because i thought the exact same thing

what is sad is this one seems to have potential with the calculated waves put went overboard and gave no reasonable rng wiggle room

Yeah, the story and gameplay stuff had potential, but a sheer lack of forgivingness and savestate-reliance makes it hard to play or enjoy. I'll say more in the final thoughts.

Really, compliments for the draw.

However, it seems Dorcas' clones are still around.

Nope, all dead in the last update. I think.

It's WHATEVER time in...

Yet Another Ragefest Hack: Part 4: Moniker Says No

dVFVFIl.png

We begin today with two things: First, the discovery that the fighter doesn't move!

u1CvmEj.png

Second, DEATH.

You know, they really could have done something with her death quote. It's a pity.

81dEEn5.png

Come on, come on, COME ON, YOU CAN DO IT NATALIE!!!

QbrWnNR.png

YESSSSSS!!!

11SNgn0.png

And with that, I FINALLY find the time to kill Serra!

uv36huC.png

AND SHE STILL ISN'T DEAD

lhXURZQ.png

The map is almost clear of enemies that actually move again...

Now's our chance! We can make ACTUAL PROGRESS!

TeB5Gcq.png1p9bVv3.png

Progress!

WFuTUYk.png

Proudly celebrating the beginning of Turn 50...

ufMbMr9.png

With a promotion!

lSgjiJX.pnglap8Zh1.png

No strength, but everything else is much improved!

CH2GbUh.png

Still not as good as Natalie, but better than Batta!

G78WtB3.png

Remember that red dot next to our guys earlier? It was the bolting sage. He's finally caught up to us.

Needless to say, we get our brutal, bloody revenge.

rfRDUrN.png

GLASS BETTER MERC

V9jnrXX.png

Didn't Natalie come as a level 1 promoted unit? Still, it's not like there's any reason to feel bad about using her.

GldThus.png

Okay, now that I have a moment, I'm going to actually kill one of these guys to see if anything happens.

zcKNPKd.png

??? No animation?

lPeqS0K.png

Turns out that the sage wasn't the only bolting user around. This one, however, is actually FAIR.

rmTSMN8.png

He never got as good levels as the other units, but he's finally ready...

qraBDQg.png

I'm hoping he promotes into a warrior, so I'll be able to use bows.

iHSCbiZ.png

NOPE.

iI00NLu.pngvD4XQNK.png

LOOK AT THAT 5 SKILL

4XnvosJ.png

Teodor kills the general and gets stats, only for literally nothing else to happen!

RSsln7t.png

This feels SO GOOD after that STUPID SAGE.

VL90wr3.png

SOMEONE SIMILAR TO YOU CAUSED ME SUFFERING

cVJBk9G.png

Hmmm...

2mdQB29.png

Smashing our way into the final room! Hopefully the reinforcements are over...

tQrvtUJ.png

You just aren't as good as the snipers.

VJUJB6i.png

Oh...

VzwljmR.png

OH NO!

ltHtEnQ.png

NOT AGAIN!

O-okay, let me summarize what just happened...

H8lDBXQ.pngDeATG2O.png

High-level promoted enemies. EVERYWHERE.

gxp72uq.png

Two more from-FE7 bosses.

umvwJs4.pngt1cD2RS.png

Q1CJftL.png7EaxTny.png

Yes, they do have A supports. No, Natalie can't save us this time.

And even worse than that...

3hXZOpT.png

ANOTHER BOLTING SAGE!

Our saviors will be...

QK9hB5l.pngU8HUokl.pngeJ4YjfI.pngRo8B0sf.png

LIMSTELLA, WITH A DROPPABLE ELIXIR FOR SOME REASON!

And...

NpToHy9.png7evcpbT.pngnXr3h2I.pngbXo1vkE.png

LUNDGREN! WHO COULD HAVE EXPECTED THIS?

AUnPJqs.png

And yes, they do ALL MOVE.

So, at this point. You're probably wondering when the reinforcements will end. If we keep going, we'll probably have more desperate struggles trying to fight against units we don't have the stats to handle. There are who-knows-how-many-more reinforcement waves, one of which might give us a character who can use lockpicks, and then we'll be able to make said character walk ALLLLLLLL the way around the map, picking everything just to find the uninteresting items and possible game-over traps inside. We could spend update after update chronicling me pounding these enemies with nothing but the power of savestates and good Natalie fanart.

Or...

OR...

AeiJoZu.png

OR WE COULD KILL LYN RIGHT NOW! PLEASE HIT, BATTA!

pVuXF4U.png

DOESN'T MATTER! I CAN KEEP TRYING!

NPCK9XO.png

Again, but with Natalie weakening first!

Ox68yJG.png

GRR! ONE MORE TIME!

0PSJnDK.png

YESSSSSSS!!!

21iC5Ib.png

NATALIE! IT'S ALL UP TO YOU! YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN NOT SUCK!

AUOKWSc.png

She... she really did it...

THANK YOU NATALIE!

tg3FzQM.pngzVsFXdT.png

Once again... TOO LATE FOR APOLOGIES!

SYLJ21G.png

Natalie gleefully takes strength from her killing of Lyn.

And then the chapter just ends. I wish I had gotten a screenshot of the fade to black, but apparently with Lyn dead, all the others were of no concern.

PQGUXvA.pngz5ofPxV.png

What, no resolution to the ACTUAL plot? Anyways, since Markyjoe never actually played this, it's safe to assume whatever was in the PM will remain unread forever.

aHFeWI3.png

You're not welcome!

gPdMjZ9.png

One more minute guys, I have to see...

3XNMWeg.png

fYUa746.pngccCqhtp.png

Yup, everything's normal.

And thus concludes YET ANOTHER RAGEFEST HACK!

FINAL THOUGHTS:

All in all, unlike Vaati's Revenge which was kind of doomed from the start, this hack HAD POTENTIAL, it just failed to use it. The story was not the shout-out stuff of Vaati's Revenge, rather, there was pretty much no story at all. It's a pity, because this hack would have been FAR more interesting if there had actually been dialogue from all the random generic FE7 enemies that showed up. Even the most basic thing, Batta's second confrontation with Lyn, had potential, but they didn't even have a boss quote!

And the dialogue wasn't the only problem. The gameplay wasn't HORRENDOUS, and didn't rely on one-tile fog vision, but there was a lot of stuff that was simply unexplained (what the heck was up with the generals and doors/chests behind them?). Also, if you didn't get lucky, you had to take a super-long time to move forward, and if you went slowly and cautiously, well then, PREPARE TO GET CAUGHT BY ULTIMATE BS REINFORCEMENTS WAVE ON TURN 30 OR WHATEVER IT WAS! I think the main problem was that we only had a handful of units the entire time. When you have lots of units, you have lots of ways to approach any given problem, but when you only have a few, there's only going to be a few ways you can approach the enemy forces-and the author failed to make those ways RNG-sound, so to speak!

This entire thing gives off a sort of half-finished vibe, like the author wanted to add more dialogue and stuff, but never found the time or energy. Not sure how it would have turned out if it had been more polished.

All-in-all, while this hack is definitely BETTER than Vaati's Revenge was(I'm comparing the two so much because Vaati's Revenge is our frame of reference for banned Ragefest hacks), they were ultimately banned for the same basic reasons: Failure to keep things interesting, bloated maps, and failure to give rage-tastic difficulty without relying on some sort of BS.

Well everyone, Le Chien Est Adorable turned out not to take long at all. I should be able to fit the whole thing into one huge 100-image update! Since it's all finished recording, I know the poll hasn't had a long time to develop, but I'm going to put One-Day Hack as the next hack in the rotation anyway! That shouldn't take too long either, so... vote fast!

Also, remember Rage Emblem by Mr. Night? That wasn't his only project that never saw the light of day. The new thing in the poll was another failed ragefest submission that nobody but him and Markyjoe have played. If you want to see it, go ahead and vote for it, and we'll see if it deserved to be so cruelly criticized!

NEXT TIME: WHY DO YOU PEOPLE KEEP VOTING THESE SUBMISSIONS!?!!?