Have the red and green cavaliers been replaced?

Meldorn

I haven't seen too many mounted units so far amidst all this analysis, and I certainly haven't seen our typical red/green cavalier pair anywhere. Is it possible that they've ditched the horses and given us some red/green foot-soldiers?

e364c75e41109065bf78da76f1fd01ad.png

I haven't seen too many mounted units so far amidst all this analysis, and I certainly haven't seen our typical red/green cavalier pair anywhere. Is it possible that they've ditched the horses and given us some red/green foot-soldiers?e364c75e41109065bf78da76f1fd01ad.png

I honestly expect the "Cain" and "Abel" of this game. If there are any to be on opposite sides, sworn siblings or good friends or even wartorn lovers.

Edited by Jedi

As I said in another thread I believe this is the case. As this are always my favorite characters the green and red ninja(Saizou) will be in my main team. The problem is if these characters are as good as the cavaliers have been. Its no exaggeration that Kent/Sain and Alan/Lance have been the cornerstone of my offense in their games. The fact that they are on foot already hampers their mobility(unless as ninjas/shinobi they are foot units with mounted level mobility).

Rather than two cavaliers, we could be getting two ninjas instead. We see Saizou has red hair, and the ninja in the screenshot above has green, and they're both featured on the Hoshido maps together. I guess I'm impartial to this. I've always liked the Cain/Abel dynamic, and while it isn't gone, it could be put on a different class, which I'm not sure I enjoy. In the end, it probably won't even matter, since seldom has a cavalier ever made it to my endgame team (Sain and Franz as exceptions) anyways.

I'm sure that we're going to see a lot of references and symbolism as we do in every Fire Emblem game, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's way different than it was in past games. At the same time though, it wouldn't be a surprise if it's the exact same. I personally think that it's way to early to tell what we will or will not see in this game. As a matter of fact, I went back and looked at some old Fire Emblem Awakening trailers and there was no evidence that we would have the red/green cavalier anywhere in those games (based on the trailer). In either event, I'm hoping that we'll see them use the traditional archetypes in a new way. Excited for the juxtaxposition and symbolism

I'm sure that we're going to see a lot of references and symbolism as we do in every Fire Emblem game, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's way different than it was in past games. At the same time though, it wouldn't be a surprise if it's the exact same. I personally think that it's way to early to tell what we will or will not see in this game. As a matter of fact, I went back and looked at some old Fire Emblem Awakening trailers and there was no evidence that we would have the red/green cavalier anywhere in those games (based on the trailer). In either event, I'm hoping that we'll see them use the traditional archetypes in a new way. Excited for the juxtaxposition and symbolism

The Cain and Abel being opposed to each other(well one sided but anyways) like their biblical counterparts would be interesting.

Could be that both sides get a Cain and Abel type of unit, Hoshido gets two ninjas/thieves and Nohr gets two cavaliers, but that thing of Cain and Abel being opposed is very cool.

Could be that both sides get a Cain and Abel type of unit, Hoshido gets two ninjas/thieves and Nohr gets two cavaliers, but that thing of Cain and Abel being opposed is very cool.

That's what I was thinking, especially since the point was brought up that

We see Saizou has red hair, and the ninja in the screenshot above has green, and they're both featured on the Hoshido maps together.

so that would be pretty likely. Hmm.. still, they've usually been cavaliers so who knows? As long as we get Cain and Abel units, I'll be happy.

Edited by DualMix

This would be an ideal scenario for me. Unfortunetly I doubt it will happen.

Well, we haven't truly seen what kind of units Nohr has to offer except for the main four in the cutscenes and the extras shown in the Black Kingdom game cover. I distinctly only remember a blue haired cavalier from Nohr, but maybe well get a green haired cavalier somewhere or something similar in that path. I'm more of a fan of the Cain and Abel archetype being opposed.

Goes rather well with the Christian origin story if my ''Cain'' kills the enemy ''Abel'' in battle or even better a cutscene! Not likely to happen, but I'd feel pretty amazed if it does.

I distinctly only remember a blue haired cavalier from Nohr,

There seem to be two, actually. One male with slate blue hair and one female with more cyan-ish hair (and possibly a bit of pink in the back?).

The former seems to appear alongside Hoshido, as well; they might be recruitable in both paths.