Nations besides Hoshido and Nohr?

Raguna

Nation amount!  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish for there to be more nations present rather than the main ones?

• Yes, seems interesting at the very least
    • No, I prefer playing the main conflict.
    • I don't really mind so long as they have recruits and a good enough reason to be there.
    • If their fate is determined by one of Kamui's choices then sure.

I was thinking and something recently popped into my head. If I'm not mistaken, in all Fire Emblem games there is always more than just two nations duking things out until another one collapses. What could happen if one of the choices Kamui can make in the game is to help a nation defend itself against Nohr or leave it to be destroyed in order to buy some time for some fortifications for the next map? For the Hoshidan campaign, it can really show players that the kingdom they are up against isn't one to trifled with lightly and for the Nohrian campaign, it's a good way to show just how glory hungry King Garon is in order to start the revolution against him.

So any thoughts? I personally find this idea rather interesting and could add that desperate pinch of grey that many players want this game to have.

Edited by almi23

There should have been. Instead of the "evil imperialist western black demons" vs. the "peace-loving family centric honorable victims" Hoshido there should have been several factions. I understand and am fully supportive of this east vs. west idea but the east is not just made up of Japan and the west is not just made up of Europe. What about nomadic factions such as the Huns? What about powerful conglomerates such as the Native Americans? What about the nations of the Middle East? How about Medieval Scotland and Ireland? China and Korea are not like Japan. India is definitely not like Japan.

I have no problem inserting countries that resemble Japan and Western nations. I love everything about Japan's history, culture, etc. Same with Western cultures. But to say that Eastern and Western can be summed up with only 2 factions is pathetic. There are so many sub nations within each hemisphere that contain different languages, architecture, values, culture, languages, and even people.

There should be more than two factions, it's far too simplistic.

Edited by Shadow Knight

I think there should be more nations in the game world in general, sure. This game though? Probably not. Right now the game seems to really be focusing on Nohr vs. Hoshido and adding more conflicts could detract from that focus. I'd rather take two extremely well developed cultures than a bunch of sort of explained nations.

It would certainly explain the skull-masked folks from the first trailer. Nohr seems stereotypically evil, but not that stereotypically evil.

it seems pretty clear that the stuff we saw in the first trailer was stuff that happened in the past, being told through paintings[spoiler=as seen from about here]

you then zoom out from the painting into the present day, where the dancer is dancing for Garon

as far as other countries go, I'm cool with them being there as long as they serve a purpose, and aren't just kinda thrown in there (or, more precisely, don't feel like a distraction)

but like, a more fleshed out world is welcome

EDIT: I mean, most FE games have done this pretty well

Edited by Euklyd

I could see interference from a country from another continent (Preferably one based on North America, Africa, or Australia) kinda like Awakening's Valm Arc, but the overall focus will still be Hoshido vs Nohr.

In Awakening, pretty much every other nations were all poorly written, useless and stupid, well, even more than Ylisse and Plegia.

So no, In If there's two, I mean, if the story is supposed to be good, that should be enough for them, just like it should've been enough for Awakening.

Ferox, oh god, the stupidity of it. Just them existing is mind blowingly stupid. --'

Well there is the monster faction, but it's still speculation, and do you see anyone other than Kamui joining it ?

Edited by B.Leu

Well there is the monster faction, but it's still speculation, and do you see anyone other than Kamui joining it ?

...I don't even see Kamui joining the monster faction.

You gave an example of other countries being...sub-optimal (FE13), but what about other games that have other countries?

...I don't even see Kamui joining the monster faction.

You gave an example of other countries being...sub-optimal (FE13), but what about other games that have other countries?

Dude, go look at Soul Nomad Demon Path, it's kind of the same. :p

... well, 'kind of the same', for the motivation at least.

But you have a point though. Awakening left a very bad taste in my mouth, I just use it because the main conflict, the best of the game, and it's not saying something nice, was between Ylisse and Plegia, why bother adding any other nations ? It feel dumb.

In any other Fire Emblem, yeah okay sure, since unlike Awakening, the continents are not basically halved.

Here for If it's worse, since it's basically East vs West. Maybe it's just me but, adding any other nations to the mix just feel dumb.

Edited by B.Leu

I suspect that the Skull themed guys will be the faction most loyal to Garon and the people you need to fight while on the Nohr side. Perhaps some of your allies will come from subjugated people in the Nohr empire who want to start a rebellion.

There's always been more than two countries, even if the main conflict doesn't involve all of them equally. I expect the same in if. The Hoshido campaign will probably involve seeking out allies outside of Hoshido, and I would be surprised if Nohr didn't as well to some degree.

Well there is also a third path where you don't side with either of them,which might mean that there is also a third nation,I mean it'd be difficult to actually interfere with the battle of 2 nations if you yourself are just leading a small group without a nation to back you up.