If Style

ENS

All of us know how Awakening had an horrible style. Panties discoveries, armor at random points, exsposed flesh. Armor themselves were horrible. Think at the generals. Or look at the collars of the cavaliers. Look at them. They're toilets.

We all hoped that the new FE will bring back the old style.

Well, look at Camille.

Now, the only question is: which class will get the toilet?

Onestly, I'm disappointed. All the rest looks great, but this give me Awakening creeps.

Edited by ENS

Personally I feel that the knight class will get hit with the ugly stick once more and female kamui shows way too much inner thigh to be presentable (male kamui isn't anything special either I loved robins design but kamui just fails)

when will they just fire the guy who is doing the art and hire a half decent artist

I will be the first to say that modern anime generally looks terrible (see also kill la kill)

I feel like I've seen a lot of negativity towards the game's art direction in other threads, and I'm fine with that, but an entire thread dedicated to discussing the bad really just puts me in a sour mood. You claim that everybody hated Awakening's style, but there are many among us who enjoy it, myself included. Your list of complaints can all be found at other points in the series (though I'm not even sure where you pulled that first one from). Also, from what we've seen so far, both cavaliers and knights look normal again. I'm excited for the new game, myself. One questionable character design from a list so far of eighteen is pretty good statistics when you think about it.

I feel like I've seen a lot of negativity towards the game's art direction in other threads, and I'm fine with that, but an entire thread dedicated to discussing the bad really just puts me in a sour mood. You claim that everybody hated Awakening's style, but there are many among us who enjoy it, myself included. Your list of complaints can all be found at other points in the series (though I'm not even sure where you pulled that first one from). Also, from what we've seen so far, both cavaliers and knights look normal again. I'm excited for the new game, myself. One questionable character design from a list so far of eighteen is pretty good statistics when you think about it.

seriously that is good news at least I honestly haven't seen the knight design for if yet so it's nice to hear that they don't look stupid again

This so much. This so freaking much. Awakening has flaws yes But not everybody hates it. Every game in the series has flaws why are awakenings told on the mountains, over the hills and everywhere.

Maybe you can be very surprised at how annoying it gets when people create thread after thread after thread solely to complain about things like that.

But this is a new FE game. The topic back important, we're not talking only of Awakening. We're speculating of how will be IF. And this is the first thread in all the section for talking about this.

Yeah this game's art isn't perfect, but it's better than Awakening's. Plus I personally think Ryoma's design makes up for Camilla's, and as others have pointed out a lot of classes' designs will be better than Awakening.

You've got to remember to count the positives along with the negatives.

That's true that they seems to have changed the style which is good for me, but they also apparently kept the crappy Soldier.design. For some reason.

That's true that they seems to have changed the style which is good for me, but they also apparently kept the crappy Soldier.design. For some reason.

have we seen soldiers in battle cause in cutscenes they look different no sleeves. The reason perhaps being that they look like a real life army to me at least.

Maybe Camille is the only female looking like a slut: Tsubaki was wearing a good armor. But maybe because he/she's male? Mh, I'm still convinced for a she.

My only problem is if all Wyvern Riders are dressed like Camilla XD The other issues they fixed from Awakening are fine by me : )

What do you mean you don't want Wyvern Riders to become the panty brigade?!

I'm being sarcastic nobody flip out.

I liked Awakenings style overall though there were some flaws, for example Cordelia's hair would glitch through her armor. If looks to have a decent style. One other thing to add to what has been pointed out already is that I believe the Hero class has been given their bulky shields back. Specifically 1:25/1:26 of this video. She definitely isn't a general that's for sure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz2LJ-4DDWU

I don't really like it. I didn't really like Awakening's hero design either. I'd rather have a hero look like Ike. Wearing rangerish armor and a cape

this byatiful

because there is nothing more amusing (and terrifying) than a man in panties

I'm now picturing a line of muscle men wearing nothing but speedos riding into battle on wyverns. I am currently debating whether this is an improvement.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that's just a toned down Knight, Shadow Knight.

Edited by Honey Bunny

I hope they stop this. Make males wearing the same stupid non-existant clothes like girls is funny, if the work is a parody, or comic. In a serious thing, it's funny only for the first five minutes. Then it's a pain. See Awakening and Dark Mages for example.

Edited by ENS

I think Kozaki, overall, is still a competent designer, and overall the quality of his designs seemed to improve overall. So far only Camilla and the bottom half of Fem Kamui (In entire fairness to Kozaki, the top half of Fem Kamui, especially the hair, is well done) are what I found objectionable beyond "please give more female units pants" thing that has been a complaint of mine since I got into Fire Emblem and not just Kozaki's work, and I'm not sure at this point whether it's him or the art director that did the dumb-ass class designs with the gratuitous panties (I heard art director, but I don't have a definitive source on it)

Kozaki's designs are more or less, if they're good, they're really good, and if they're bad, they're really bad. It's very hit or miss. He's certainly shown to be capable of designing good and interesting designs, even on female characters sometimes (I personally love the Hoshidan Empress's design, and I think Hoshido's women in general are fairly well-designed and don't have anything as outrageous beyond what the series have always had.

Maybe dumb crotch cutouts is now the pinnacle of Nohr women's fashion. Maybe the Nohr route is about revolutionizing Nohrian fashion, instead.

Only things I didn't like in Awakening were the toilet armor,these over the top shoulder armor on the knights and nowis clothes.(dark mage attire was also a bit weird,I'm ok with it being Tharjas personal outfit,but not as standard for enemies)

So far I actually like the way If is going.Sure Camilla is a bit.....fanservicery,but as long as she's the exception and not the norm its ok(I mean the dark pegasi rider didn't all look like aversa,so why should all the wyvern rider look like camilla?)