What will the games' abbreviation be?

They will probably be released on the same day, and are being marketed as a game split into two (three with DLC) parts. Will we call all three games FE14; call them Hoshido, Nohr and Neutral; decide by the order the games are in in the master edition's menu?

I call it fief. Cause that is what my brain reads when I see: FEif.

I'm confused. Your brain reads it FEif and because of that you call it something other than FEif?

But I like fief cuz it's all medieval :D

I will call it FE14, but when I want to refer to a specific chapter in the Hoshido or Nohr side, I'll do so in my post.

Besides, aren't the characters the same in both sides? It should be easy to know who we're talking about!

I'm confused. Your brain reads it FEif and because of that you call it something other than FEif?

But I like fief cuz it's all medieval :D

Haha I guess it wasn't that clear.

Rephrased:

When I see FEif my brain reads "fief"

Also I don't like the number system because none of them are in the titles and I can never remember which is what number.

Edited by ckc22

Yeah specifying chapters are going to be fun especially as they say there will be choices involving battles so we might get Nohr chapter 20b or something. And if you add the possibility of gaidens yeah remembering which chapter has what is going to a tad more hard to do at least for me.

Why don't we call it FE14N for Nohr, FE14H for Hoshido, and FE14O for "Other" (that third route provided by DLC)?

That way, we can have, say, FE14N C12B. Looks confusing, but you still get enough information out of it. Better than writing "FE14 Nohr, Chapter 12 (assuming you decided to... I don't know, chose to replace the sugar bowl with salt before that hoity toity knight dude brother of yours went to have his morning tea)."

Let's face it. My system makes things look kinda cool and code-like.

Been calling it both FE IF and FE 14. Probably going to continue doing so even after we get proper subtitles.

I'm behind seven proxies and all that eh?

I'm a little bothered by the lowercase "if". It makes it look awkward when I say "FE if" in a sentence because it looks like the "if" is part of the rest of the sentence and not the game title. Time will tell if the different routes are long and fulfilling enough for people to really consider them different games.

Has "if" been confirmed as the localised name though? I'm not fond of the number system either, FE14 just doesn't sit right with me. I'll probably do the same thing with Awakening (FE:A) and just call it FE:if IF that's the case. FEif or FEi works too I guess...

They all look weird, but FE:if is the lesser evil to me.

Has "if" been confirmed as the localised name though? I'm not fond of the number system either, FE14 just doesn't sit right with me. I'll probably do the same thing with Awakening (FE:A) and just call it FE:if IF that's the case. FEif or FEi works too I guess...

They all look weird, but FE:if is the lesser evil to me.

There's also something weird about the number system giving remakes a new number that just has never meshed with me.

There's also something weird about the number system giving remakes a new number that just has never meshed with me.

It's a bit like calling Pokemon Red and Blue Pokemon 1 and 2, and then calling the Blue version 3, because Green is in fact the real 2.

Edited by Val'air

Why don't we call it FE14N for Nohr, FE14H for Hoshido, and FE14O for "Other" (that third route provided by DLC)?

That way, we can have, say, FE14N C12B. Looks confusing, but you still get enough information out of it. Better than writing "FE14 Nohr, Chapter 12 (assuming you decided to... I don't know, chose to replace the sugar bowl with salt before that hoity toity knight dude brother of yours went to have his morning tea)."

Totally agree, saying N27B is better than uh... Fe14N Ch 27B gosh it took me so much time there.

Has it been confirmed we're getting a split version? If so that's disappointing.

I'd say so, since there's separate box art for both sides. Both seem to be complete games, though, which is fine by me (double the Fire Emblem). You can purchase the other side of the story on the eShop (presumably the upcoming neutral one as well) and there's going to be a master version with all three storylines.

I'd say so, since there's separate box art for both sides. Both seem to be complete games, though, which is fine by me (double the Fire Emblem). You can purchase the other side of the story on the eShop (presumably the upcoming neutral one as well) and there's going to be a master version with all three storylines.

We don't know whether or not we're getting two games here. Discussing whether that is a good or bad thing is off topic to this thread.

If I had to use abbreviations, I'd use "FEif", "FEifN", and "FEifH". I don't really use game title abbreviations. Of course, if the title is changed in localization, I'd use that.

Let's call it FEif.

Pronounce it fief.

REFERENCES TO A SUBDIVISION OF MEDIEVAL POLITICAL STRUCTURE, WHICH IS LIKELY TO NEVER MAKE AN APPEARANCE along with knightly manors.

( An FE game centered around decentralized political units would be cool. Not huge good and evil empires for once, aye? )