English Voice Actors for Fire Emblem If - Who Would You Like?

astrophys

Of course, we have no idea who will actually be used, but among the characters we already know of, are there any voice actors you'd like to see them use when the game gets localized into English?

Judging from Awakening's cast its likely to be a set of actors who largely have a lot of prior experience in anime and RPG voice acting, although of course anything is possible.

I don't have a full list myself, but for example, stuff like Garon (that king of Nohr) as Michael McConnohie would be pretty cool. [it would also punctuate some of the jokes some of us have been making about similarities between this and Code Geass, seeing that said actor also did Emperor Charles zi Brittania of the Holy Britannia Empire in that show.]

So who would you be interested in providing English voices for particular characters?

Male Kamui?

Female Kamui?

Dancer Girl

Ryouma?

Hinoka?

Sakura?

Garon?

Marx?

Camilla?

Nohr's lithe sister?

etc.

I was considering making a topic like this, but was unsure what to say.

Male Kamui - Not so sure tbh. Marc Diraison would be cool. Johnny Yong Bosch seems somewhat fitting.

Female Kamui - Not so sure either.

Dancer Girl - I'm not even sure.

Ryouma - Probably gonna be Kyle Hebert, though, Matt Mercer might sound more big bro-y.

Hinoka - I don't know who else does a good tomboyish expression, so eh...

Sakura - Christina Vee. She can sound young, yet slightly mature (Sakura's tone is deeper than Nohr Imouto's)

Garon - Richard Epcar most likely. Was gonna consider Jamieson Price, but meh. I honestly don't know.

Marx - Travis Willingham most likely. He has a tough-as-nails attitude and his voice seems to fit well with tough guys.

Camilla - Either Tara Platt or Laura Post. Both of them usually voice mature yet quite attractive women (Tara with Parasoul, and Laura Post with Ahri from League)

Nohr's lithe sister - Stephanie Sheh most likely since she can voice incredibly meek girls well. If the latter is too meek, maybe Kira Buckland?

Male Kamui - JYB seems a little too obvious when it comes to playing up similarities to Lelouch

Female Kamui - ???

Dancer - ???

Ryouma - Kyle Herbert a.k.a. Kamina sounds good

Hinoka - Why not one of Saber's VAs or Mela Lee?

Sakura - Christina Vee is a good choice

Garon - in spite of not wanting the cast to be too similar to Geass, Michael McConnohie definitely knows how to play an evil emperor

Marx - I can't really object to the suggestion of Travis Willingham above, but I'm sure others would fit as well

Camilla - Besides those listed, perhaps Karen Strassman

Nohr's little sister - Yeah, Stephanie Sheh sounds right

I'd really like to see Nicole Karrer as Fem!Kamui. I really liked her as Fem!Morgan in Awakening, Morgan has this element of 'adorable kid capable of wrecking your face' and Nicole really nailed that. I'd like to see how she'd handle a protagonist.

I also vote Mela Lee for Dancer. She handles the mysterious woman trope well I feel.

Male Kamui - Cliche as it is, Johnny Yong Bosch is the most fitting that I can think of. (But I have the looming feeling that Bryce Papenbrook could take it as well...)

Female Kamui - Lauren Landa. She did a good job replacing Michelle Ruff as Fem!Robin in Smash.

Dancer - Mela Lee is a good choice.

Ryouma - Roger Craig Smith.

Hinoka - Cherami Leigh.

Sakura - Either Cristina Vee or Hynden Walch would be a good fit.

Garon - Michael McConnohie.

Marx - CRISPIN FREEMAN. (No questions asked.)

Camilla - Laura Post or Ali Hillis.

Nohr imouto - Cassandra Lee or Kira Buckland

And some extras, as well...

Blond Marth - Todd Haberkorn

Archer (Takumi?) - Doug Erholtz

Kazahana - Sarah Williams

Tsubaki - Vic Micnogna

Hoshido ruler lady - Bridget Hoffman

I take voice acting seriously.

Its likely that there will a substantial overlap, yes, although I anticipate some will be absent from Awakening and that we'll also have some new voices in their stead.

Even in Awakening several of the voice actors pulled double duty by voicing multiple characters (Tara Platt, Orion Acaba, Travis Willingham, etc., just to make an incomplete list).

I could see Cherami Leigh doing Hinoka… she's already done Asuna in SAO and Suzuha in Steins;Gate…. she could fit well.

I also like the Crispin Freeman suggestion for Marx, although there are many other options…. but he's done well in a lot of roles.

Somewhat like Laura Bailey could even do Camilla…. she did do Lust in Fullmetal Alchemist, after all.

Edited by astrophys

Hmm… some good ideas.

I like the suggestion of Cherami Leigh for Hinoka. And people are right that Laura Bailey could do Camilia.

Crispin Freeman could also work for Marx - assuming it's his Kotomine voice and he's not hamming it up like Jeremiah Gottwald.

The Dancer could be Mela Lee (in a more Tiki-like voice as opposed to Tohsaka Rin) or Kate Higgins (C.C.).

What about the presumed female ruler of Hoshido? Perhaps Kari Wahlgren? She's done various rulers before (Princess Ashe, Empress Marianne vi Britannia, Saber).

I can see Crispin Freeman doing Marx, and Laura Bailey as Camilla. Other than them, the only other one I can think of would be Stephanie Sheh voicing Sakura. Even as Kamui's sister, she seems to fit into the shy girl archetype that she does well.

EDIT: Looking up other voice actors, I think Steve Kramer would voice Garon.

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

Yuri Lowenthal for just about any main character. Preferably as a voice for Male Kamui(if they bring back multiple voices) or just his voice overall. Reason? Yosuke is great and Ricken is great.

Bryce Papenbrook plays young men incredibly well, but Kamui seems to have a slightly more mature aura for Bryce to play him imo.

Mela Lee for Dancer girl might be a bit fitting, though I'm not so sure. I really hope they don't use Laura Bailey; she already looks like Lucina a lot

whoops I put this in the other thread

uh lemme grab my list

EDIT: GOTTEM

*cracks knuckles*

ALRIGHT, I GOT THIS BOYS

General

Male!Kamui: Nobuhiko Okamoto/Yuuichi Nakamura/Hiro Shimono (JP), Erik Kimerer/Johnny Yong Bosch/Kyle Hebert (EN)

Female!Kamui: Asami Imai/Miho Arakawa/Aoi Yuuki (JP), Christine Marie Cabanos/Natalie Hoover/Cherami Leigh (EN)

Tried to go for a mix of veterans and newbies for the English group, but it didn't go quite as planned for the female side. Still, a mix of higher and lower voices.

Dancina: Chiwa Saito (JP), Lauren Landa (EN)

Somewhat middle-of-the-road in pitch, as well as having the ability to have that mysterious quality to their voice.

Nohr

Marx: Kenjiro Tsuda (JP), Roger Craig Smith (EN)

A deep, authoritative voice for the person who appears to be the primary general of the Nohrian faction.

"Onii-chan": Ai Kayano (JP), Kira Buckland (EN)

A fairly high-pitched voice for a younger sister figure.

Camilla: Yuu Asakawa (JP), Laura Post (EN)

A somewhat deeper, sultry voice for who appears to be the most fanservice-y character we've seen so far.

Blonde Marth: Koji Yusa (JP), Steve Staley (EN)

Two guys known for voicing slightly more manipulative people as what appears to be a Dark Mage (Dark Knight, maybe?).

Garon: Fumihiko Tachiki (JP), Michael McConnohie (EN)

Deep, booming, kingly voice befitting a larger-than-life old man.

Hoshido

Ryouma: Hiroaki Hirata (JP), Keith Silverstein (EN)

Similar to Marx, a fairly deep voice for an authority figure within the Hoshidan side.

Sakura: Kana Hanazawa (JP), Cristina Valenzuela (EN)

A softer yet still youthful voice for what appears to be a slightly more mellow younger sister figure.

Hinoka: Junko Minagawa (JP), Erica Mendez (EN)

Slightly less feminine voice for a tomboy-ish peg knight? At least, by appearance, anyway.

Tsubaki: Tetsuya Kakihara/Romi Park (JP), Yuri Lowenthal/Julie Ann Taylor (EN)

(NOTE: this is dependent on Tsubaki's actual gender)

Ehhh... slightly higher voice for a guy, while slightly lower female voice. Depends on gender, really.

Orochi: Sayaka Ohara (JP), Karen Strassman (EN)

Deeper, somewhat sultry voice for a... uh, yeah.

Saizou: Kenta Miyake (JP), DC Douglas (EN)

He looks like an older guy, so why not give him a deeper, older-sounding voice? Plus, we need more DC Douglas.

Kazahana: Toa Yukinari (JP), Sarah Williams (EN)

Somewhat newer voices who can voice the type of odd duck I can see Kazahana as, while still retaining that potential badass tone.

Hoshidan Queen: Yukana (JP), Mela Lee (EN)

Uh... yeah, I got nothin' for this one.

Also, some of y'all are cross-region casting, and that shit ain't fly. While some VAs do cross-region work (moreso LA to Dallas), a lot of the ones you guys list... well, don't. At least, not frequently enough.

Edited by Blackhawk Stinger

whoops I put this in the other thread

uh lemme grab my list

EDIT: GOTTEM

I like the way you think, especially with some of the JP choices. Though, we can already assure that some of those aren't true (Kana Hanazawa as Sakura I fucking wish). I still believe Crispin Freeman would make an excellent Marx, though. (A fact that I shall never cease to stress as long as I draw breath.)

see now if we got that then, while it would be cool to hear Crispin Freeman in an FE game, we run into the problem of it being a union-only dub and thus the pool of VAs they have to choose from becomes much more limited

see now if we got that then, while it would be cool to hear Crispin Freeman in an FE game, we run into the problem of it being a union-only dub and thus the pool of VAs they have to choose from becomes much more limited

Too sad of a truth that is. Damn unions. They took Troy Baker and Crispin Freeman away from us. It makes me sad.

it's not exactly a bad thing if union dub becomes a thing because while we lose some newer names, we gain other big name possibilities (Troy Baker, Crispin Freeman, Steve Blum, Kari Wahlgren, among others)

a more pressing matter is the issue that people seem to be doing a lot of cross-region casting from Texas to LA when that is very cost inefficient for the VA (the inverse is also true, but it's a lot easier for certain VAs due to family in the area, taking alternate work on the show, or they just fucking love doing it).

it's not exactly a bad thing if union dub becomes a thing because while we lose some newer names, we gain other big name possibilities (Troy Baker, Crispin Freeman, Steve Blum, Kari Wahlgren, among others)

I get that as well, but I think it'd be more comfortable (not to mention less expensive) to stay humble and stick with the voices we're used to hearing in our part of the video game industry. I'd also love to hear more from the newbies, too, since we've had a lot of new voices spring up recently and they sound really good. It helps that some actors like Todd Haberkorn and Cherami Leigh have made the transfer from Texas to California to reinforce them a bit.