Paralogues and Gaidens

Jedi

Why not include Gaidens, but give a hint?

For example, in a chapter, you recruit Unit X.

At some point, Unit X says: "I sure hope my sister is okay! Maybe I should check on her!" If Unit X survives, you go to the gaiden, where you find Unit X's sister.

Hints are fine, but its a bit more fun if its not nearly as obvious as your example. ^^ but it works.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definitely like to see FE7-style side chapters return. Secondary objectives are good fun. The requirements can be either secret or spelled out; I don't really care (either way has its advantages). Though if they're secret, preferably not tooo secret. 19xx bad, most everything else good.

I only disagree with hiding a whole ending (complete with maps) behind getting all of them, I really didn't like that about FE6 or FE12. While I was never personally burned by it in FE6, I've seen it happen to friends and it kinda kills the game, to not get the real ending because you missed some random requirement. The story just isn't complete if it ends at Chapter 22. You can say "but you can just replay it!" but not everyone is going to be a big enough fan of a 40-hour game to want to play through it a second time to see the story's ending.