FE2/FE3/Jugdral Reverse Recruitment?

Jedi

As we know, we have some people who've made Reverse Recruitment versions of FE7 and FE6 at the very least.

The SNES games are very finicky to hack from what I remember, but has anyone tried to RR these games? I'm sure the results would be a bit odd.

Heck Gaiden would be hilarious if it could be done.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if you've heard this, but I have made an attempt to make an FE4 RR before! Unfortunately I lost all of my spreadsheets down the road. =(

Well, I made the Lord Briggid because I figured it'd be more entertaining that way.

Wasn't she one rounding every one. Especially those handaxers?

Tiltyu with elite as lord.. oh lordy

I started making an fe4RR, but I got lazy because you had to change a bunch of arena items and stuff like that, and stuff like that is annoying. Tiltyu was the best and oneshotted most bosses with wrath.

I didn't know how to handle gen 2 kids either.

Edited by General Horace

I started planning one out after seeing this thread, but decided to RR men and women seperately so we don't have weird things like Alec having babies. It led to fun things like Claude Sylvia as Sigurd Diadora, Fin and Lachesis swapped with no one, and if I decided to swap Gen 2 kids with how their parents swapped, Lachesis's kids stayed put.

FE5's starting squad would be Evayle, Galzus, Sety, Cyas and Delmud who'd then be joined by Conomore, Amalda and Xavier on turn 3. Delmud would be turned to stone and saved by the Kia Staff which can only be used by Lifis, who is archbishop Manfloy's true granddaughter.

Seems legit.

Having Tiltyu or Claude in Sigurd's place would be glorious.

Altenna should totally be the one to take Sigurd's place. Though that would probably be too hard to program it would be insanely fun to reverse recruitment over two generations. Just think about it:

Gen 1:

Sigurd -> Altenna [the mother of Cuan and Ethlin with Johalva as their father]

Noish -> Corple

Alec -> Hannibal

Ardan -> Sety

Azel -> Faval

Lex -> Tinny [becomes the mother of Tiltyu]

Cuan -> Leen [becomes the mother of Sylvia]

Ethlin -> Aless

Fin -> Fin

Midir -> Nanna [becomes the mother of Lachesis]

Dew -> Leaf

Aideen -> Patty [becomes the mother of Briggid]

Aira -> Shanan

Deidre -> Johalva

Jamka -> Johan

Holyn -> Arthur

Lachesis -> Fee [becomes the mother of Fury]

Beowulf -> Julia [becomes the mother of Deidre with prince Kurth and Julius with Alvis]

Levin -> Lester

Sylvia -> Delmud

Fury -> Oifaye

Tiltyu -> Skasaha

Claude -> Lakche [becomes the mother of Aira]

Briggid -> Lana [becomes the mother of Aideen]

Gen 2:

Celice -> Celice

Lana -> Briggid [Mana if Patty wasn't paired up in Gen 1]

Lakche -> Claude

Skasaha -> Tiltyu [Roddleban if Tinny wasn't paired up in Gen 1]

Oifaye -> Fury [Dimna if Fee wasn't paired up in Gen 1]

Delmud -> Sylvia [Tristan if Leen wasn't paired up in Gen 1]

Lester -> Levin

Julia -> Beowulf

Fee -> Lachesis [Femina if Nanna wasn't paired up in Gen 1]

Arthur -> Holyn

Johan -> Jamka

Johalva -> Deidre [daughter of Julia and Prince Kurth]

Shanan -> Aira [Radney if Lakche wasn't paired up in Gen 1]

Patty -> Aideen [Daisy if Lana wasn't paired up in Gen 1]

Dew -> Leaf

Nanna -> Midir

Fin -> Fin

Aless -> Ethlin [daughter of Altenna and Johalva]

Leen -> Cuan [son of Altenna and Johalva]

Tinny -> Lex

Faval -> Azel

Sety -> Ardan

Hannibal -> Alec

Corple -> Noish

Altenna -> Sigurd

Edited by Yojinbo

Doesn't a mothe have two children? Like, Tinny would be the mother of Azel and Tiltyu for example?

In that case I'd make her the mother of Arthur's replacement which would be Holyn.

Leen would be the mother of Sylvia and Noish, Patty of Briggid and Azel, Fee of Fury and Ardan and Lana would be the mother of Aideen and Levin.

I've really just put some random ideas out of my ass, nothing more. Lakche wouldn't work in that way to begin with because the replacement of Skasaha would be Tiltyu who'd already be Tinny's daughter. Same for Nanna who couldn't be the mother of Sylvia [Delmud's replacement] because Sylvia is already Leen's daughter.

This is what I think:

AltennaxJohalva is canon for Celice

So is AlessxLeen (hey a legit pairing! WOW!) for Dew and Sigurd (no one said there can't be 2 males)

Patty mothers Briggid and Levin like you said.

If the game registers it as legit, whoever marries Shanan will mother Claud and Tiltyu

Fee does Midir and Sylvia

Delmud (again, same with Shanan) does Cuan and Noish

Oifey does Lachesis and Ardan

Scathach does Holyn and Tinny's Replacement (this screws gen 2 up cause we messed up somewhere)

Lana does Aideen and Azel.

This only applies if the game allows pairings that create four children. Also, how do we do skills? Do we use "canon" pairings on the children so that their children will have a fighting chance? Because inheritance is going to be a mess.

Altenna x Johalva should be fine for Celice, Altenna can use swords. Aless x Leen can both pass down swords so that's alright. I say leave inheritance a mess, it's most fun that way. We probably don't want to give the first generation characters the skillsets of their normal second generation selves because that would just be ridiculous, and imagine what the second generation characters would be like...

Here are my hastily thought up ideas:

Altenna: Pursuit

Corple: None

Hannibal: Continue and Pursuit? This is more to make him a viable father than anything else, he's going to be useless no matter what skills we give him.

Sety: Critical and Continue

Faval: Charge

Tinny [becomes the mother of Tiltyu]: Wrath

Leen [becomes the mother of Sylvia]: Prayer (having a dancer this early on is going to be ridiculous)

Aless: Pursuit, Continue

Fin: Pursuit, Prayer

Nanna [becomes the mother of Lachesis]: Charisma

Leaf: Continue, Critical

Patty [becomes the mother of Briggid]:Bargain

Shanan: Astra

Johalva: Awareness

Johan: Elite, Ambush

Arthur: Continue, Pursuit

Fee [becomes the mother of Fury]: Pursuit, charge

Julia [becomes the mother of Deidre with prince Kurth and Julius with Alvis]:Prayer, Live, Pursuit

Lester: Pursuit, Charge

Delmud: Critical

Oifaye: Pursuit, Critical

Skasaha: Lunar sword

Lakche [becomes the mother of Aira]: Astra

Lana [becomes the mother of Aideen]: None

I mean, how likely is any of that going to happen in actuality? If somebody could actually create a cross-generation reverse hack then we could speculate on these things but it kinda makes little sense right now.

I kinda like the idea of a pursuit less Celice actually.

Holy Blood should be slightly different: no first gen character should have 2. Altenna will have major Noba, Oifey has minor Baldo, Lana has minor Ulir, Lakche and Scathach have minor Odo, Julia has major Naga, Joha has minor Neir (Celicetank go!), Johalva has minor Lopto also for story reasons, Arthur has minor Fala, Fee has minor Holsety, Shanan has major Odo, Patty has minor Ulir, Leaf has minor Noba, Nanna and Delmud have minor Hezul, Lester has minor Ulir, Aless has major Hezul, Leen has minor Blaggi, Tinny has minor tordo, Faval has major Ulir, Sety has major Holsety, Corple has major Blaggi.

Gae Bolg!Celice and Mistoltin!Sigurd will be the new top tiers.

I think we're just having fun with ideas. If I had any skill at FE hacking I could try, but I've only barely scratched FE7 and 6.

Edited by momogeek2141

I might look into making it at some point. I think with my knowledge of FE4 hacking and a bit of experimentation I could work most of it out. As long as you edited the new "mothers" in over the old mothers' character slots the inheritance system would be at least functional, I believe.

Edited by MartyTheDemonSlayer

Would be pretty rad if you could do that. After my LTC is finished I'll probably be so burned out that a RR version of FE4 would come just in time.

We should probably think things through step by step then. If Altenna replaces Sigurd and pairs up with Johalva would that make her Celice's mother or the mother of Cuan/Ethlin? If she's Celice's mother, which would make probably more sense, then Celice would inherit her major Noba blood and would have to pick up the Gae Bolg instead of the Tyrfing.

Aless x Leen would probably have to come as a fixed pairing because they replace Cuan and Ethlin. Canonically it'd make sense and Ethlin as the inheritor of the Mistoltin sounds like a funky idea as well. Something would need to be done about Cuan's inheritance to make him inherit swords though but I think it's a great idea. Basically, Leen would be Cuan's and Ethlin's mother, Aless their father and Ethlin would inherit major Hezul.

There are also tons of convos and events that would have to be fixed. Patty will have to fix the bridge in Ch.4 and Aless gives Fin the Hero Lance or something.

Aless and Leen make Sigurd and Dew though if we use my pairing option, and since it doesn't really matter I think Aless should replace Cuan and Leen Ethlin. Patty would also have to give Faval the Ichival, but he joins earlier than Patty so that may upset the balance of the game. Altenna would be the mother of Celice. Cuan and Ethlin have different "mothers" in my version so they can still pair up normally. I like the idea of Vylon giving Gae Bolg and Leen giving Aless Mistoltin in ch 3.

On the subject of Sigurd, we might need to make a road through the mountains so that Sigurd can actually get up there and get in range of Dew.

Sigurd being a kid unit sounds downright terrifyingly strong.

I don't think it's his being a kid that's scary. It's the major Hezul and Mistoltin.

AltennaxJohalva!Celice would have an 170% HP/95% Def growth.

SO GOOD

But I think a lot of these things would be really hard to implement, especially since I'm not sure how much is really known about FE4 events.