Livestream for Fire Emblem Trading Card Game: Cipher --- sneak peek at "if" cards

Rekt no Ken

I didn't catch this when it aired. I'll look for it later on youtube or something, but I'm definitely interested in this. I think it's a little strange to have game-original characters, even characters from an upcoming game, instead of creating cards for characters of past games, but it doesn't bother me much. If you have a commander and it dies you probably lose the game, like how Chrom dying in Awakening is game over. It makes sense. I wonder, will they release cards of the same character but with art and stats/effects of different classes? Like you have a Chrom - Lord card with a set of art and a Chrom - Paladin card with matching art? From what I have read in your posts it doesn't sound like they go too far into the mechanics of the game.

I don't know about Paladin Chrom, but they will have like Mage and Sage of the same character that you can promote during gameplay. Also there was something about using the exact same card as one you've already played to power it up for one turn or something.

EDIT: Vincent posted a little article about the live stream here.

Those are in fact original TCG characters.

Edited by Dan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These cards actually look pretty awesome I'm really diggin the Marth, Chrom, and Lucina ones hoping they make some of the Robin and the Tellius characters. I'll have to pick some up if they ever make their way stateside.

These cards actually look pretty awesome I'm really diggin the Marth, Chrom, and Lucina ones hoping they make some of the Robin and the Tellius characters. I'll have to pick some up if they ever make their way stateside.

I doubt they'll ever make it over here. Japan has a lot of anime/video game based TCGs and Yugioh is pretty much the only one that ever had any success over here, and that was because it had a cartoon that everyone watched. btw, the pokemon tcg was created by an American company

I really hope these get localised, although I won't be holding my breath.

btw, the pokemon tcg was created by an American company

Actually, Wizards of the Coast only owned the license to it, they didn't actually create it (since the same game exists in Japan).

I really hope these get localised, although I won't be holding my breath.

Actually, Wizards of the Coast only owned the license to it, they didn't actually create it (since the same game exists in Japan).

Hmm, guess you're right

Edited by Dan

I'd love it if this got localized, but if they're going to keep making only cards for Awakening, Marth's games, and the new FE, I'm not interested. There are a lot of other FE games besides them, there's no reason to ignore them. Especially since Ike is pretty iconic now due to Smash, Codename Steam, and having starred in two games unlike other lords not named Marth.

Also, wtf is that lady at the very bottom right of the OP wearing?! Or should I say, NOT wearing since she looks like she's wearing almost nothing but a cloak/cape! And I thought Camilla's design was god awful. -_-

Edited by Anacybele

I'd love it if this got localized, but if they're going to keep making only cards for Awakening, Marth's games, and the new FE, I'm not interested.

They already announced a "path of blue flame" pack coming sometime down the line, If I'm not mistaken.

But yeah, I want FE4 and FE2 cards.

Edited by L95

Oh! That's cool then, I can't wait to see how Ike looks! He better not look anything like that stupid Awakening Robo-arm Ike. >.> He's a hunky/muscular mercenary, so he needs to be drawn to look like one!

Edited by Anacybele

I'd love it if this got localized, but if they're going to keep making only cards for Awakening, Marth's games, and the new FE, I'm not interested. There are a lot of other FE games besides them, there's no reason to ignore them. Especially since Ike is pretty iconic now due to Smash, Codename Steam, and having starred in two games unlike other lords not named Marth.

Also, wtf is that lady at the very bottom right of the OP wearing?! Or should I say, NOT wearing since she looks like she's wearing almost nothing but a cloak/cape! And I thought Camilla's design was god awful. -_-

They're already announcing more games that will be in the next sets, I think it was If and RD for the next expansions.

Oh, guess that means PoR Ike is going to be on the card instead. But maybe we'll see both of Ike's incarnations eventually, who knows? It's not like I hate PoR Ike though, he's cute too. I just thought he went to whole new levels of sexiness in RD. lol

Edited by Anacybele

I wonder how many alternate cards, like Hero Wrys and Pegasus Minerva, there will be... They're the ones I'm most curious about.

Edited by NeonZ

Yeah, I'm wondering, Ana, are you willing to import them? :0

That would depend on a couple things since I don't know a word of Japanese. :P If the actual game sounds like fun, then no, because I'd want to be able to play it, but I can't if I don't know any Japanese. And Japanese sounds like it would be confusing for me to learn. Even just hearing about different kanji or whatever makes my head spin. o.O

If I find I don't take interest in the game itself, then if the cards of my favorite characters look awesome, sure, I'll import them just so I can have those awesome pictures. lol

I'm glad that they announced several series, that means more cards to collect, I can't wait to receive them :D. I don't think they will make it out of Japan according to the number of tcg's series only available in Japan to be honest.

I wonder if the two original characters they showed off will actually become SpotPass characters down the line. In my mind, it makes sense to release them a few months after FEif is released as a kind of "Hey check out Wave 2 of FE Cipher, and here are some new characters to join your army!".

I wonder if the two original characters they showed off will actually become SpotPass characters down the line. In my mind, it makes sense to release them a few months after FEif is released as a kind of "Hey check out Wave 2 of FE Cipher, and here are some new characters to join your army!".

That would actually be pretty cool, though that would most likely would only happen if FE Cipher were to actually be localized (unless it's JP-only content, similar to how the Pokemon main series games have region-exclusive events).

If the cards don't get localized, at the very least I hope that somebody would post quality scans of the cards online (not really keen on playing Import Lottery).

do card games sell well at all outside of Japan?

Considering the popularity of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh cards, yeah, they do. I think this game called Magic the Gathering is well-liked as well. I don't know though, as I've never looked into it. I've just seen cards for this in stores.