Ranulf

Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention to keeping those gauges up: if you have a level 30+ heron they can fill the gauge to full as well.

Anyway, it takes some extra work and planning, but the laguz, even the cats, are very much usable.

Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention to keeping those gauges up: if you have a level 30+ heron they can fill the gauge to full as well.

Had no idea about that. Though I'll probably never manage to get a Heron that high.

ranulf loses net gauge fighting only 3 enemies per turn; that's horrible. he just about breaks even on gauge fighting 1 enemy every 2 turns.

Yeah, but aren't we talking about if you bothered leveling him up for endgame? I mean we aren't talking someone like Laura where you level her up and then by the end, she's still awful.

Anyway, it takes some extra work and planning, but the laguz, even the cats, are very much usable.

That'd require either stalling for turns or a bunch of BEXP, even for Reyson.

Yeah, but aren't we talking about if you bothered leveling him up for endgame? I mean we aren't talking someone like Laura where you level her up and then by the end, she's still awful.

Honestly, I'd say as far as laguz go, Ranulf fails to stand out as a good endgame candidate when you have Skrimir and the hawks to consider (I ain't even going to mention the royals for obvious reasons).

Edited by Levant Caprice

Also, filling the gauge is probably a pain when you'd rather have them Vigor or possibly Bliss.

I tend to forget Herons have commands other than vigor. Vigor op pls nerf.

Yeah, I'd have to agree that in general, I'd be hard-pressed to find a situation where Valor is worth using over Vigor.