Fire Emblem Cipher - Rules and Q&A

Dan

Cipher Wiki  

191 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of wiki should Cipher have? Explanations for these choices are in/around post 160

• Serenes Forest wiki
    • Dediciated wikia
    • Either option is fine

Is there a ruling on multi color supports?

I've ready made a Green, blue, red deck trying to maximize Lon'qu's class change skill.

I dont know if I've over looked it, but all cards support eachother right? Regardless of color. Only thing that matters is "hero can't support itself" and specific stuff like "lon' qu lvl 1 can't be supported by females" right?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a ruling on multi color supports?

I've ready made a Green, blue, red deck trying to maximize Lon'qu's class change skill.

I dont know if I've over looked it, but all cards support eachother right? Regardless of color. Only thing that matters is "hero can't support itself" and specific stuff like "lon' qu lvl 1 can't be supported by females" right?

Anyone can basically support anyone besides a character supporting themself. Lon'qu has that limitation too which nullifies female supports.

• 5 weeks later...

Quick question.

Lucina has a special skill where I can treat that card as "Marth". Does that mean I can use Lucina for critical hits and evasion for Marth?

You can use Lucina for triggering critical hits and evasions yes. This also means that if Marth is supported by that Lucina, the support will fail.

So I got the Dark wars TD this past Monday. But I am confused as to how the draw phase works. You get 6 cards, and every turn you place one in the bond area, if that's the case, how are you supposed to gain hand size? I haven't been able to tell from watching videos, and the online tutorials don't explain this.

So I got the Dark wars TD this past Monday. But I am confused as to how the draw phase works. You get 6 cards, and every turn you place one in the bond area, if that's the case, how are you supposed to gain hand size? I haven't been able to tell from watching videos, and the online tutorials don't explain this.

The only way to gain hand size is by using effects that draw cards or by taking your orbs

It naturally happens.

• 1 month later...

Is there a place, like a wiki where I can look at all cards with translations so I can print the translation to my cards? I have only series 2 cards that I got from ST and two 16 booster boxes.

Also slightly off-topic, is there like rate this card thread for deck building or something? I think I pulled some nice card on my second box I bought like both Corrins and Xander. I could use the Rate my deck thread, but eh...

Is there a place, like a wiki where I can look at all cards with translations so I can print the translation to my cards? I have only series 2 cards that I got from ST and two 16 booster boxes.

Also slightly off-topic, is there like rate this card thread for deck building or something? I think I pulled some nice card on my second box I bought like both Corrins and Xander. I could use the Rate my deck thread, but eh...

The Serenes Forest Cipher Wiki has translation up of most (if not all) cards. For competitive opinions on certain cards, the Metagame thread or the specific Series thread that matches the card is probably your best bet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So how does the leveling system work for this game? is it only through abilitys? or can you pay deployment cost to do it? also, do unpromoted units count towards the overall lvl of the character?

The overall level of a unit is the current unit displayed (for promoted / leveled up units it's the the card on top). If Ike level 1 is unprompted he is still level 1 until promoted.

A unit pays a deployment cost to promote but pays the lower number (e.g Level 4/3 or level 3/2 units) displayed on the card to promote a unit. There are some abilities that allow you to bypass deployment cost and but their are only s few exceptions.

Can someone clarify this scenario?

I have 3 bonds with two already flipped over. On the field I have Elise (S04-005ST) and Gunter (B02-082N). I attack with Gunter and flip Kana (B02-092N) as a support. I win the battle and elect to use Kana's "Manakete Emblem" to place a card from my hand to the bond area. At this point am I able to use Elise's ability?

Can someone clarify this scenario?

I have 3 bonds with two already flipped over. On the field I have Elise (S04-005ST) and Gunter (B02-082N). I attack with Gunter and flip Kana (B02-092N) as a support. I win the battle and elect to use Kana's "Manakete Emblem" to place a card from my hand to the bond area. At this point am I able to use Elise's ability?

Support Skills activate before your unit fully completes the battle.

Declare Attack -> Support -> Choose to activate Support skill or not -> Proceed with the result

If you choose to add a card into the bond area from your hand with Kana's effect, then if Gunter successfully defeats an enemy, you can use Elise's ability because you now have the face-up bonds required to activate said skill.

Edited by TheVinceKnight

• 5 weeks later...

Quick question (or not I guess) ! Can you Class Change / Level Up a card using the exact same card? If so, do you get the bonus draw? I've seen a Japanese player using a Marx deck on Youtube and he keeps on class changing Marx cost 5 on top of the same card to pull off his effect. Also, is Class Change, and its draw bonus, only limited to higher level cards (上級)? Or can you class change from a lower level card into another lower level card (e.g. Cost 1 Lucina to Cost 2 Lucina) and draw a card from Level Up bonus?

Level up bonus (also called CCS bonus) only counts when there is a promotion cost, so yes you can put marx on marx, or even cynthia on cynthia (which is how you activate her 80). Thus, you cannot put a lucina 1 on lucina 2, and draw.

Oh yeah, since you mentioned promotion cost I just remembered I needed to ask another thing which relates to that. Since the bonus only applies to leveling up to a unit with a promotion cost, does that mean that units with no promotion cost such as Cost 4 Aqua or Cost 3 Green Beast Guy (I forgot his name...) won't get draw bonus when you class change into them?