What's Up With the Giant Lance?

Philranger

Hm, she really gets more and more mysterious, doesn't she? All she's done is dancing and looking worried while not saying anything, and yet we know she's somehow important to the story. Strange that my curiosity comes now, weeks after the first trailer.

As for the weapon, while it certainly is more probable that it's important to the story, it might just be the a legendary weapon like those in Awakening; the focus seems to be on Aqua separating the two factions, rather than on the weapon itself.

Well, in the picture in the OP, she looks kinda pissed IMO. And on the official site, the preview of the artbook that comes with the special edition release shows a picture of her with the lance in what appears to be concept art of her conversation sprite, so I'd wager that its a weapon exclusive to her.

Oh my gosh what if her class is Bride?

IIRC, in the TCG stream they called her class "Song Princess". So I dunno, maybe she's an idol or something?

Well, in the picture in the OP, she looks kinda pissed IMO. And on the official site, the preview of the artbook that comes with the special edition release shows a picture of her with the lance in what appears to be concept art of her conversation sprite, so I'd wager that its a weapon exclusive to her.

I did not know that, thank you for informing me. However, we can also assume that the Yatogami is a weapon exclusive to Kamui, and it has not been indicated to be an important part of the story.

I'm not disagreeing with you or anything, I'm just pointing out the possibility that the lance might just be a normal weapon, even if it's exclusive to her; she doesn't strike me as someone who would have a weapon important to the story, especially when it seems like her dances and necklace will play an important part already.

Also, about her looking pissed off, I'll bet her first smile will appear in a cutscene in the middle of the game, and it'll have some sort of significance; maybe not on the story as a whole, but for her as a character.

Plot twist: She's actually just disguising as a dancer in order to get close to Garon, and that scene in the theater happens just before she conjures her lance and assassinates him.

For now I am honestly completely in the dark as to what her role in the story will be. I guess that's the point.

Edited by Cysx