What's Up With the Giant Lance?

Philranger

Wait, Aqua actually is her name? And to think I used that name sarcastically after we saw her in the first trailer. So much about the similarities between the two being accidental. And she even has the X. They were really not very subtle about this.

Well, at least she turned out to have a few palette swaps besides her initial Master Aqua colors.

Still, I guess the Lance is a Keyblade then. Obviously the name wouldn't be used (but then again they already used Aqua) but maybe the weapon turns out to be able to shape form, can be summoned and is able to open keyholes of a sort.

Edited by BrightBow

I really hope it's a non-mounted lance wielding class, that would be awesome. I loved the great lords in FE:A for that reason.

It's possible she is a dancer but they work differently in this game, and I think a dancer with a lance would be a welcome addition!

I thought it was a staff at first, but it does look pointy, as... um... pointed out.

Would be nice if she was an on-foot lance-user, although I'm confused because her default map sprite doesn't show her wielding a weapon.

I thought it was a staff at first, but it does look pointy, as... um... pointed out.

Would be nice if she was an on-foot lance-user, although I'm confused because her default map sprite doesn't show her wielding a weapon.

Olivia doesn't have the sword in her map sprite either IIRC.

My personal guess is it's like that so there isn't a vanishing weapon when she dances?

Edited by L95

Assuming this is at least a weapon, I think we can assume that this weapon has great importance in the story. She points it out in the sky, in the middle of the sun, like the weapon itself is a beacon of light. Yup, I'd bet my small toe that this weapon will be part of the central plot in Fire Emblem if.

I wonder if she is a sort of mermaid and she could have this lance since it is similar to a trident?Poseidon's weapon,god of the sea,her name is Aqua.Thats why i think it is a tridentlance thingy.

Her name isin't actually aqua no one knows what her name is yet

heck it may be this games Fire Emblem.

No, not the Fire Emblem. Aqua is holding the *gasp* WATER Emblem! The mystic ancient relic thing that suppresses the power of the Fire Emblem!

No, not the Fire Emblem. Aqua is holding the *gasp* WATER Emblem! The mystic ancient relic thing that suppresses the power of the Fire Emblem!

I see what you did there. Haha.

Hm, she really gets more and more mysterious, doesn't she? All she's done is dancing and looking worried while not saying anything, and yet we know she's somehow important to the story. Strange that my curiosity comes now, weeks after the first trailer.

As for the weapon, while it certainly is more probable that it's important to the story, it might just be the a legendary weapon like those in Awakening; the focus seems to be on Aqua separating the two factions, rather than on the weapon itself.