Did you pay for Pokemon Shuffle

JayTheKing

26 members have voted

1. 1. Did you pay?

• Yea
    • Nah

Since Pokemon released Rumble World,another free game with microtransactions,I assumed that quite a few people paid for diamonds/coins in Pokemon Shuffle.

Did you buy any?

As for me I didnt pay any.I think forcing you to wait to refill hearts is really good since I would end up wasting all my free time playing this.

Nope. I wanted to challenge myself to see how far I got without money.

So far I've beaten all the main stages, special stages and most of the expert stages.

Yeah I actually like the timer somewhat; I think the game would get repetitive if you could play it whenever.

I didn't even get Pokemon Shuffle...

It's free on the 3ds e-shop!...just in case you didn't know.

I've never paid for anything in shuffle. But I admit that I'm having trouble with mega mawile. For some reason, it includes eevee in my pokemon lineup so that I have 5 pokemon to match. That makes it hard for me to get multiple matches at once. And eevee is also ineffective against steel...

Edited by Severlan

It's free on the 3ds e-shop!...just in case you didn't know.

I've never paid for anything in shuffle. But I admit that I'm having trouble with mega mawile. For some reason, it includes eevee in my pokemon lineup so that I have 5 pokemon to match. That makes it hard for me to get multiple matches at once. And eevee is also ineffective against steel...

I didnt find M.Mawile particularly hard.What Pokes are you using?I was using M.kanghaskan,charizard,moltres,lucario.If you add eevee yourself in the team it might be able to line up automatically(I once won a stage using this technique without using a single move)

It seems that no one paid for anything.Wonder why they released rumble world.

Anyways did anyone participate in the competitions(M.Blast and Lucario).I did but I failed both.Why did Europe had a 10.000 limit?I got 11.000....

I participated in both contests and got both Mega Stones. IIRC I managed to place 46th in the first, but I was only in the top 1400 or so for the second

I didnt find M.Mawile particularly hard.What Pokes are you using?I was using M.kanghaskan,charizard,moltres,lucario.If you add eevee yourself in the team it might be able to line up automatically(I once won a stage using this technique without using a single move)

I haven't caught those poke...I haven't even managed to catch Rotom and Absol, though I think I got A on both. My non-mega pokes are all super-effective and have a power around 50 each (probably a little above from having levels).

It seems that no one paid for anything.Wonder why they released rumble world.

Ya, no way I'm paying for pokemon shuffle. I did do something stupid though: I traded my jewels for hearts in the shop. I should have saved them and used them for when I was having trouble on a stage.

I've been using the dark mega you get early on instead of kanghaskan because normal types deal reduced damage to steel.

Only people who are really bad at Shuffle would pay for it.

I did do something stupid though: I traded my jewels for hearts in the shop. I should have saved them and used them for when I was having trouble on a stage.

Nah. You'll have to eventually s-rank all stages if you want to catch them all anyway, and you can't do that with jewels. My early jewels were all spent on hearts to I could "catch up" faster.

If you're really stuck, try catching some EX mons (Lucario, Charizard, etc. - the home trick works very nicely here) and/or grinding Meowth for coins.

Edited by TravelingElder

Nah. You'll have to eventually s-rank all stages if you want to catch them all anyway, and you can't do that with jewels. My early jewels were all spent on hearts to I could "catch up" faster.

If you're really stuck, try catching some EX mons (Lucario, Charizard, etc. - the home trick works very nicely here) and/or grinding Meowth for coins.

Home trick?

Oh no. Don't expose my sense of honor to an exploit! NOOO!

To be serious, I probably won't use it, but feel free to share it :)

I'm a little confused...do you get an S-rank no matter what if you catch a given pokemon? Or does there come a point where S-ranking is needed to catch?

but i didn't pay :v

Home trick?

you can use the home button to "pause" the game in timed stages and usually with some lag when getting back making it easier to have many matches in a short (in-game) time and keeping combos going

usually you spam the home button but you can also try using the Game Notes application in the 3ds to have a good look at the board

I'm a little confused...do you get an S-rank no matter what if you catch a given pokemon? Or does there come a point where S-ranking is needed to catch?

EX stages are unlocked by S-ranking a certain amount of Main stages so if you want to catch the mons in those stages (currently you need an s rank in all stages to unlock Genesect)

on mega mawile i had an easier time with megamom (or was it bunny?) than with mega sableye even with the reduced damage since it helps more with clearing her disruptions

Home trick?

Yes, home trick.

There is no dishonor in using bullshit to combat bullshit

No. Rule of thumb, you get an S-rank when you finish a stage with more than half of the moves/time remaining (extra moves/time helps with that, even though it doesn't boost the actual catch rate). As you only get 5 moves back with jewels... yeah.

S-ranking main stages unlocks EX stages - and at least currently, EX21 requires acing all 190 main stages.

but i didn't pay :v

You didn't go full retard, that's good to know Edited by TravelingElder

No. Rule of thumb, you get an S-rank when you finish a stage with more than half of the moves/time remaining (extra moves/time helps with that, even though it doesn't boost the actual catch rate). As you only get 5 moves back with jewels... yeah.

Hmm...but does that mean you'll get a (relatively) substantial catch rate bonus if you're doing some low-movecount pokemon (like the ones which start w/ like 5 moves left), lose, and then put yourself back up to 5 turns?

Hmm...but does that mean you'll get a (relatively) substantial catch rate bonus if you're doing some low-movecount pokemon (like the ones which start w/ like 5 moves left), lose, and then put yourself back up to 5 turns?

Possibly, but jewels are limited resources. If you were to spend one that way and fail to catch a mon, would your 3DS survive the impact? Unlike great balls, you can't hard reset the game and get your resources back if you fail.

Possibly, but jewels are limited resources. If you were to spend one that way and fail to catch a mon, would your 3DS survive the impact? Unlike great balls, you can't hard reset the game and get your resources back if you fail.

I take pride in never having thrown any piece of gaming technology. Ever! I've never even thrown a controller for someone to catch!

Did not spend any money on Pokemon Shuffle.

Beaten all main stages and captured every available Pokemon (including all special stage Pokemon released so far) except Genesect (EX stage 21; requires 180 main stages to be S-rank'd). 8 main stages remaining to S-rank before I can unlock Genesect's stage. Also got both the Lucarionite and the Blastoisinite.

EDIT: Now working on capturing the new Safari Pokemon (Cherubi, Cherrim, Spinda, Carvanha and Sharpedo) with the Ver. 1.1.10 update.

EDIT*: S-ranked all 180 available main stages without spending any RL money on the game! Genesect stage (EX 21) unlocked!

Edited by Roflolxp54