Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary

Kyea

Fire Emblem 25th Anniversary  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Is Fire Emblem older than you are?

• Yes, FE is older.
    • We're the same age!
    • Nope, I am older.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's part 1 of my contribution:

Fire Emblem Awakening: Impossible Class Roll

In that video you showed Nah as a Mage, which is totally possible if M!Robin or Ricken marries Nowi.

EDIT: In fact, Nah has Mage as one of her base classes.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Cool stuff Vincent! Bride Libra, Fighter Miriel, and War Cleric Basilio are all beautiful.

Congrats to the series for making it this far, may it have a long life still ahead.

happy birthday fire emblem :newyears:

as far as plans go i started streaming a playthrough of fe1 saturday (im currently on ch 9) and ill probably just keep doing that when i can to celebrate this benchmark. and i will do/have already done a few stupid things in said playthrough like for example 1 got riff and rena to lvl 20 for da lolz and having fun with the old mechanics.

I've been busy editing the second part for the past two days, so I realize this is late. Nevertheless, I present to you the first in a two-part look at the very first Fire Emblem game I ever played: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones:

Part two will be up either late today or early tomorrow. Cheers and hears to 25 more years!

Ah sacred stones i need to finish that. Maybe i can get around to that after Streaming Fe1 i dont want to try splitting my attention between fire emblem games. It has been really hurting my enjoyment and progress.

Why does it have to be just Japan -_-

Because its a Japanese series with a fanbase much bigger over there, then will ever be over here.

It's just the truth of the matter.

I know, right? FE is fairly popular over here too...

It's not Mario, Zelda or Pokemon.

Hell, it's not even Kirby or Donkey Kong. At this point, Fire Emblem's in that middle ground of Nintendo IPs, like Animal Crossing (Which did really well, but let's face it: It's not one of Nintendo's big three). Yes, Awakening did /really/ well here, but Nintendo is still going to be fairly cautious. It's just how they work.

Be glad FE isn't in the same boat as F-Zero, Metroid (Nowadays anyway) or especially the Mother series (Granted, this one's over, but seeing as the US only got Earthbound and Europe didn't get any of them until the Wii U VC with Earthbound, it's very rough). There's a long list.

Oh, I had no idea you could predict the future.

Not really a prediction when its based on previous facts, and trends. Even despite the Awakening boom. FE will be a more predominantly Japanese known series. Its never going to be Mario, Zelda, Pokémon etc.

Hint: Nintendo of America/Europe didn't even acknowledge FE's 25th anniversary. You think they're suddenly going to announce a 25th anniversary eshop sale? ; )

It's OK to be annoyed though, but you gotta be realistic and not expect everything. Otherwise you start to sound like an entitled gamer : P

At best, expect a similar sale when FE if is released in the West.

Awakening boosted FE's popularity out here a lot though. That means it has the potential to keep growing in popularity, if you ask me. I always said this, and so far, it appears to be true. I never said Nintendo in the west had to do anything big, I know FE isn't one of the big three here. But a sale at the very least or something little like that wouldn't hurt.

It needs to be noted that there are only two FE games in the American eShop, and three in the European one. Compare that to the EIGHT ones available on the Japanese eShop.

I honestly never expected anything to happen outside Japan, not necessarily because of the series' niche-ness, but also because it's technically only a Japanese anniversary.

Still, Happy Birthday FE!