PKL's tier list?

Elieson

He's kind of our resident champion so I'll take his word for gold pretty much. Anyone feel like discussing this?

This is why I put together. After analyzing a bit more, I think I was overrating fox. A lot of characters seem better than him on paper. I overrated Zero Suit in the patch day, all 5 above her are better overall. Im still debating whether mii brawler is better than sheik now.

Rosalina and Luma
Sheik
Mii Brawler
Yoshi
Pikachu
Zero Suit Samus

High

Diddy Kong
Palutena
Sonic
Luigi
Ness
Captain Falcon
Wario
Fox
Villager
Mario
Pit
Dark Pit
Megaman

Upper Mid

Peach
ROB
Donkey Kong
Olimar
Wii Fit Trainer
Toon Link
Pac-Man

Mid

Shulk
Kirby
Bowser
Metaknight
Lucario
Greninja
Duck Hunt
Mii Gunner
Mewtwo

Low

Little Mac
Dr. Mario
Ganondorf
Bowser Jr.
Game and Watch
King Dedede
Jigglypuff
Link

Bottom

Ike
Charizard
Marth
Falco
Robin
Samus
Lucina
Zelda
Mii Swordfighter

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the most part I agree, but I feel Link is a bit too low, and that Fox is too high.

Also another side note is that this is including customs obv.

Shields beat ZSS's character too much, and I'm not sure about Rosy>Sheik.

I also think Jigglypuff is better than Mac and D3.

Edited by Comet

I'm surprised by how high Mii Gunner and WFT are, and how low Lucario, Ike, and Robin are. For a while, at least, Lucario was considered a top-end competitor in SSB4, but I'm not sure what his customs are like. Same with Robin. Ike, on the other hand, has had rather mediocre results in custom-less tournaments, but his customs are pretty fantastic from what I've seen. All that said, I'm not particularly in-the-know with custom competitive SSB4, so I don't necessarily disagree so much as I'm curious to see some more custom-on matches.

Mewtwo simply put, is not a good character. He should be at the bottom imo. He is hard to approach with and is a floaty large hitbox.

If this is with customs Ganon and Doc are better (Mid imo) and Little Mac is by far the worst character in the game due to windboxes.

I also feel Sheik is still the best character.

Link is where he's supposed to be after the jab nerf, it makes sense.

Let me fight PKL tho, old man hasn't shown his face around here for a while. Then my tier list will be more credible.

Rosalina isn't number 1, will point out more problems later on.

Edited by Knife

Mewtwo simply put, is not a good character. He should be at the bottom imo. He is hard to approach with and is a floaty large hitbox.

If this is with customs Ganon and Doc are better (Mid imo) and Little Mac is by far the worst character in the game due to windboxes.

I also feel Sheik is still the best character.

Mewtwo does tons of damage, has good reach, good mobility, wonderful recovery. An amazing fair, a really good command grab.

Honestly the only things hampering him are out of shield options and being light.

Not bottom tier material.

Edited by Jedi

No offense to PKL, but I'm skeptical of fully agreeing with any single person's opinion on a full tier list.

Not really feeling the Fire Emblem characters in this game, eh? Robin at least should be higher than bottom, though, if only because of Thoron+.

Truth be told, the list looks pretty good on the whole. I mean, it's probably not perfect, but if I had to take a list from a single user, it'd be PKL. The discussions we had a few days ago as a group were pretty funky!

Truth be told, the list looks pretty good on the whole. I mean, it's probably not perfect, but if I had to take a list from a single user, it'd be PKL. The discussions we had a few days ago as a group were pretty funky!

Yeah, that discussion was cool!

I just still think Sheik is better than Rosalina, but besides that it looks solid~

Edited by Ice Sage

Alright so here's my thoughts:

Top: Pikachu should probably not be an outright top-tier character. Top of High, sure, but not top 5 IMO.

High: TUNA IN TOP TEN LESSGO. Surprised Megaman is so high. Villager should go up if customs are included; his are disgustingly good.

Upper Mid: ENGAGE THE DONGCOPTER. WFT being this high is ludicrous, are her customs really that good?

Mid: Shulk should probably be in Upper Mid. Gunner being this high is also fucking nuts, custom game 2stronk I guess.

Low: DORF IS NOT LAST PRAISE KAPPA. Link should certainly be higher; I kinda feel like he and Gunner should be straight up switched on the list.

Bottom: WELCOME TO THE FE TIER. Surprised that Zelda and Falco are this low; I wouldn't think they're anywhere near this bad. Swordfighter and Lucina are lost causes, lmao.

These were done at 1:30 in the morning, so coherency is not a thing I expect much of in here.

I'll fix this up in the morning. Vote Terry for Smash 4.

Alright so here's my thoughts:

Top: Pikachu should probably not be an outright top-tier character. Top of High, sure, but not top 5 IMO.

High: TUNA IN TOP TEN LESSGO. Surprised Megaman is so high. Villager should go up if customs are included; his are disgustingly good.

Upper Mid: ENGAGE THE DONGCOPTER. WFT being this high is ludicrous, are her customs really that good?

Mid: Shulk should probably be in Upper Mid. Gunner being this high is also fucking nuts, custom game 2stronk I guess.

Low: DORF IS NOT LAST PRAISE KAPPA. Link should certainly be higher; I kinda feel like he and Gunner should be straight up switched on the list.

Bottom: WELCOME TO THE FE TIER. Surprised that Zelda and Falco are this low; I wouldn't think they're anywhere near this bad. Swordfighter and Lucina are lost causes, lmao.

These were done at 1:30 in the morning, so coherency is not a thing I expect much of in here.

I'll fix this up in the morning. Vote Terry for Smash 4.

Her custom moves are trash. It's the Wii Fit Trainer herself who is good. She's merely by far the hardest to control, as extreme precision and reflexes are needed to user her properly. The only reason she's low on other tier lists is because people blame their own incompetence on her. A pro who meets those requirements playing as her makes her one of the deadliest characters.

Edited by Kirara

Mewtwo does tons of damage, has good reach, good mobility, wonderful recovery. An amazing fair, a really good command grab.

Honestly the only things hampering him are out of shield options and being light.

Not bottom tier material.

I could see him struggling against heavies and high tiers and having no customs atm also hampers him (As in no possible improvements). Being a large light hit box is simply way too large to ignore, I'd think he was good if he was a bit heavier. (He is also hard to approach with)

Then again Falcon can d throw to knee him from 0% to 140% to free, so my opinion isn't as valid since my main is the Mewtwo slayer.

Edited by Le FalconDorfMaster

Her custom moves are trash. It's the Wii Fit Trainer herself who is good. She's merely by far the hardest to control, as extreme precision and reflexes are needed to user her properly. The only reason she's low on other tier lists is because people blame their own incompetence on her. A pro who meets those requirements playing as her makes her one of the deadliest characters.

In our various discussions, PKL said that WFTs customs are the main reason she's so high, she is still awkward with some decent moves, but customs do a lot for her, especially her Hoolahoops and interesting takes on other moves.

In our various discussions, PKL said that WFTs customs are the main reason she's so high, she is still awkward with some decent moves, but customs do a lot for her, especially her Hoolahoops and interesting takes on other moves.

I'm not exactly agreeing with this list in general. There are many things I disagree with here, like Marth being anywhere near bottom tier despite his decent custom moves. But with regard to the WFT, it's clear to me that, while she has bad customs and a so-so final smash, she's lethal when used correctly. Same goes for a few other characters people tend to underestimate due to their own incompetence, which is pretty dumb.

I'm not exactly agreeing with this list in general. There are many things I disagree with here, like Marth being anywhere near bottom tier despite his decent custom moves. But with regard to the WFT, it's clear to me that, while she has bad customs and a so-so final smash, she's lethal when used correctly. Same goes for a few other characters people tend to underestimate due to their own incompetence, which is pretty dumb.

Lol considering final smashes at all. Sonic would be god tier if final smashes were legal. Thank god they're not.

This is the first time I see Mii Brawler so high. Did the last patch buff him up?

Mii brawler has always been amazing out of the 3 Mii types. He's basically a little mac but with an actual air game. Fast on both ground and the air and strong kill potentials. Not to mention you can kill really early at around 40% if you can get an air game going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-JJLTVzaV4

Edited by kingddd

Wtf are you talking about? WFT customs are great, particularly her weighted header side b and jumbo hoop up b, but nearly all of her custom moves are good and her down b is arguably the only one you would want to keep default.

Wtf are you talking about? WFT customs are great, particularly her weighted header side b and jumbo hoop up b, but nearly all of her custom moves are good and her down b is arguably the only one you would want to keep default.

And even then,Volatile Breathing is SURPRISINGLY safe. When used properly.