Ragefest IV: Trolls & Tribulations

MarkyJoe1990

Klok. We've got 15 contestants. They each made one submission. Conversely, I'm a single person, and I'm recording and editing 15 submissions. I'm not gonna claim that I work harder than they did - since I didn't count every single minute that went by - but I don't think you know exactly how much effort is being put out on both ends, and I feel like you're treating whatever gap there is like it's bigger than it actually is. Since I've both made a submission myself, as well as a bunch of other hacks, and recorded three contests worth of submissions, I think I have a pretty good idea of what kind of work is being put out on both ends. And with that said, I don't think keeping score on who is working harder is the correct thing to do.

And with that... I think I should remind you that, as I stated before, I decided to modify the rules of Ragefest out of appreciation for Alusq's work, and I did my best to present it as well as possible in the video, and as much as I get mad at my fans over silly things, I've several times in the past sat down with them over skype to help them learn FE hacking, or to just talk and break the ice, or tell people to thumbs up their comments if I think they are really good, or whatever else. I also made my website as a convenience for both me and my fans, and I talk with them all the time on my own forums. I don't think you can claim you know exactly what my relationship with my fans is, since you and I don't talk, and you're not me.

So yeah. Please stop. I've spent the whole day thinking about this whole thing. I'm set in my decision, and I just want things to go back to the way they were.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone! Guess what I did?

In addition, I finally did some recording. I decided to bring Mangs for this one because... unfortunately, the roughly ten-minute solo footage I did got eaten. Having a co-commentator allows us to have blind reactions despite this. Hopefully you'll all enjoy it. Since he's in the first part, I intend to bring him for the rest of this hack as well.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Hey everyone! Guess what I did?

In addition, I finally did some recording. I decided to bring Mangs for this one because... unfortunately, the roughly ten-minute solo footage I did got eaten. Having a co-commentator allows us to have blind reactions despite this. Hopefully you'll all enjoy it. Since he's in the first part, I intend to bring him for the rest of this hack as well.

this is pretty awesome, wish i had the lyrics available

Since you asked...

Part 1:

Huuuuuuuuuuuuu huuuu huuu huuu...

huuu huuu na na na na na naaa na naaa na na naa... naaaa naa... na na na naaa na naa naa

naaaa naaa na na naaaa na naaa naaaaa naaaa... na na na naaaa naaaaa naaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Part 2:

Did you ever have the urge to see the whole world burn?

Or maybe you just want to see a grown man squirm?

Ragefest is here today! (It's a contest built upon that concept)

Ragefest is here today! (So get that inner sadist out of yourself)

Out of yourself!

Out of yourself...

Out of yourself...

Part 3:

I started this contest to entertain my viewers. (entertain my viewers)

But it seems the plan backfired. It's now an endless skewer. (Served with barbeque sauce)

There's just too many contestants now, the whole world, they've wrapped (Take my word, that's a lot)

This curse will never end... I've never felt so...

Trapped.

Please... I'm begging you...

Get me out of here! (Insane laughter from Matthew's Nightmare)

Do anything!

Take my hand!

I know you can do it! ("ARCHIBAAAAALD!" from Maze Of The Troll King)

I can't reach!

Please, do something! ("I want it to end...! AAAAAAHHH!!" From Marc's Special Day)

What can you do...?

It's no use...

I'm trapped...

Forever.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

As a song in and of itself, it's pretty good. Somewhere from 6-8/10 depending on the part of the song being listened to. However, I like the current intro and outro, they are really catchy and much more suited for the 'tone' of the contest. This new one is almost like the song that plays for victory at the end of FE7, it's more of a "Welp, it's finally over." tune.

Edited by Klokky-Kuuuun!

Since I'm bored and have time. I'm gonna see about getting the video up on youtube today.

Question for y'all. The raw footage is only 32 minutes and I think it's pretty good to watch. Do you want me to upload what I have, or take some time finding stuff to edit out?

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Alright. Question, everyone.

When co-commentaries happen, occasionally they speak at the same time, usually on accident. I'm rendering a stereo version of the video that mixes me slightly left and Mangs slightly right so you can listen to whomever you want, however, it's taking longer than expected to render.

Do you guys want the mono version NOW, or would you prefer your first watch to be the stereo version?

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Were you and the co-commentator just taking at the same time ignoring each other or did you do a seperate commentary? I know editing can take a while but I'm sure the few extra hours wait is worth it for us but if you are cramped for time yourself you could just upload the mono version. We'll love you nontheless....

In a platonic way of course.

I don't quite understand the question, but uh... Basically, I played the submission and screen shared it with Mangs over skype, and we both did the commentary live together. There are only a few moments where we end up accidentally interupting each other, but in the mono version, it can be a little difficult to separate the two voices and clearly absorb what one is saying, depending on the ears listening. To solve this issue, I wanted to upload the stereo version, but Mangs told me it was a bad idea since it can cause some people headaches and whatnot, and the mono version is still easy enough to listen to despite the occasional interruptions. That's kinda why I came here asking what you all thought.

My compromise is that I'm just going to upload both versions and allow the viewers to choose between them.

EDIT: Unfortunately, the stereo version is becoming a pain to render...

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

You could also just add subtitles (EDIT: Specifically for those overlapping parts, of course), but having two versions doesn't sound like a bad idea since a lot of people would prefer the stereo commentary anyway. I'm personally glad there'll be a mono one, though.

Edited by 47948201