Ragefest IV: Trolls & Tribulations

MarkyJoe1990

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. While I was playing the submission, I kept thinking to myself "This is gonna be influential..."

Ephraim doesn't make submissions with the best presentation, but hell if he isn't inventive and clever.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

The first hack looks excellent. Maybe not rage-y, but definitely fun to play. Pity it couldn't totally follow up on the Hryule Warriors inspiration because of the neutral limits... but then, it would be kind of impossible to design for in the time that he had if there were greenies everywhere.

For what I have seen, it looks Funtastic.

Maybe not Ragetastic, but puntastic for sure.

This is also inspired on the Dynasty Warriors Saga, for the "gate" events. Looks pretty interesting.

I hope something really rage-y comes at the end of the chapter though.

For what I have seen, it looks Funtastic.

Maybe not Ragetastic, but puntastic for sure.

This is also inspired on the Dynasty Warriors Saga, for the "gate" events. Looks pretty interesting.

I hope something really rage-y comes at the end of the chapter though.

It gets better, trust me.

For me, the design reminded me of a single-player single-lane lane assault game. Except your side has limited units and the enemy has infinite units.

The hack looks hard and yet mostly fair. Plus, I must say I'm impressed he managed to code repeatable faction-centric nodes like that.

Oy. Alright everyone, I have a confession to make.

Throughout the rest of this submission, my commentary is more or less non existent. And the rest of the submission is more of the same until we defeat the boss.

I'm kind of unsure how to edit this. I'm thinking of possibly giving it the post-production commentary treatment until we get to the interesting stuff. What do you guys think?

I, personally, would spring for the more entertaining option, and if by "non-existent" you mean you didn't rage, or really do much at all, then I'd say go ahead with the post-production commentary.

Just so long as we don't lose any of that golden dialogue.

Sarcasm detected.

--

er, unless you meant the actual dialogue in the game lol

anyways,

I really liked your commentary in the video, i had a few chuckles. so i don't mind either way

Edited by Ghatsu!

Ok, so there's a discussion going on in the comments about how all the ragefest submissions tend to follow a sort of story structure and a canon. I think they are all intricately linked but I'm having trouble finding all the links.

1. The money meme appears a lot.

2. FE7 characters are primarily used, I don't recall any FE8 characters as of yet, and some FE6 characters are interspersed as well.

3. Generic War, F.EXE, and two more submissions in RF4 (upcoming) are in their own little 'actual forumgoer' universe.

4. Even the submissions in #3 are linked by Reisen though. I never used Reisen in Generic war, but PwnageKirby did in F.EXE, and she also used a lot of the same characters from my ragefest. Reisen only appears in Bullet Hell from RF2 as the common link there.

5. RF1 had lots of lackluster submissions, in part because nobody knew what to expect, but starting in RF2, nearly all of those submissions and beyond are the main interlinkers. And let's be honest, Matthew's Nightmare started it all.

6. Starting in RF2's Prisoner of Darkness, Eliwood is established as horribly emo. Other characters have new personalities assigned too, clearly some form of post-FE7 depression from losing Athos.

7. Batta is a recurring character, mainly in FElover's projects, but a couple others are also included. Damas is also a recurring character. People love FE7 bosses.

8. Manphia.

So what is the timeline here? How is it all linked? What is canonically the first?

Since I've decided to not work on Part 2 of Emblem Warriors today (To help me clear my mind on what I want to do with it), I'm gonna try my best to figure out how Ragefest is linked canonically.

So... *awkward transition*

Serra's been seen in a lot of Ragefest hacks. It started with Matthew's Nightmare. This hack practically made Serra synonymous with the series. Post-Matthew's Nightmare saw many submissions with Serra in it, sometimes more than one Serra. Assuming Ragefest has a canon, we can assume that in hopes of making me rage further, Serra was kidnapped and cloned.

Take note that at the end of Matthew's Nightmare, Matthew used a sleep staff on Serra. If you have a callous mind, perhaps Matthew sold her off to scientists so they could find more devious ways to harness her power. Poor serra is unaware though, since she's asleep, and trapped inside her own dream. And thus, in Bullet Hell Madness, as well as Vaati's Revenge, we see multiple Serras.

Another reoccuring character is the Money Man. We know his origin story. Just some dude from Pherae that unceremoniously tells you the importance of finances. But let's look at The Corruption Of Roy. When Lilina fights Roy, Roy tells Lilina that because of her poor rulership, the economy suffered. Perhaps this decaying financial situation spread to the Money Man back in Pherae, and as a result, all those awesome weapons he hung up on his wall rusted, and he was no longer able to defend against the increased criminal activity. The same scientists who cloned Serra came his way, and - seeing no other way to make quick cash to buy brand new weapons - the money man accepted.

So perhaps the money man and serra know each other...

Now, let's think about Generic War and it's relation with F. EXE. Obviously, Klok makes an appearance in both. Klok is the main antagonist of Generic War, provoking an attack from the forces of Markyjoe and ultimately succumbing to my overpowered stats. One of his friends betray him, and that's where F. EXE comes in. Klok is brought to Archibald, who orders Klok to be demoted and enlisted as a frontline shaman... with a nosferatu tome that makes him feel the pain of the enemies, showing Klok first hand the pain his evil deeds have wrought.

With that in mind... perhaps next time we see Klok, he will be a born again christian revoking his ways and joining the forces of good.

Ah, how could I forget Archibald? Maze of The Troll King, and F. EXE... alright, I need to stop making the "clone" excuse, and Archibald seems too well off to really want to be cloned. Uh... let's just assume the ones in Maze Of The Troll King were illusions. Traps created by the troll king himself, Camtech, to piss off Markyjoe - still freshly salty from his debate with Arch back when he LP'd Elibian Nights. Or, perhaps they were hallucinations from Markyjoe himself, going delirious from the mundanity of the maze.

... Oh wait, I wasn't in MOTTK. Sigurd was. Okay, well maybe I was cosplaying... God dammit.

Okay, I think I'm done thinking this over for now. Maybe later, I'll have more stuff to say on the matter, but... hmm... this kinda makes me want to propose a Ragefest compilation hack. One that's a multi-chapter hack that ties all this together, or at the very least serves as an hommage to the contest. *Shrug*

TL;DR: I'm thinking way too hard about this shit.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Oh. This just in.

I now have 6 Ragefest submissions to play! Assuming none of them get disqualified, this will be the longest Ragefest in the series!

There's more to come too~

Also, regarding Emblem Warriors. I'm thinking of just skipping straight to the part where my commentary and the hack gets interesting again instead of doing post-production. I might also throw in a tiny montage of stuff that happened prior to that point as well, but yeah... Seems like the best option now that I think about it.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Now, let's think about Generic War and it's relation with F. EXE. Obviously, Klok makes an appearance in both. Klok is the main antagonist of Generic War, provoking an attack from the forces of Markyjoe and ultimately succumbing to my overpowered stats. One of his friends betray him, and that's where F. EXE comes in. Klok is brought to Archibald, who orders Klok to be demoted and enlisted as a frontline shaman... with a nosferatu tome that makes him feel the pain of the enemies, showing Klok first hand the pain his evil deeds have wrought.

With that in mind... perhaps next time we see Klok, he will be a born again christian revoking his ways and joining the forces of good.

Hmm. I guess the sequel to Generic War will be a midquel, in between GW1 and F.EXE then. It's certainly an interesting hypothesis.

Behold the Ragefest timeline! (Spoilers for my submission inside)

--Ragefest Timeline--

Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword (FE7)
-Eliwood goes on a mission to SAAAAVE THE WOOOORLD
-Boss Rush and Morph's Last Stand are abridged retellings of FE7
-Eliwood marries Ninian because he's a furry, Ninian conceives Roy and then dies
-Eliwood marries Fiora for her body, which Fiora is aware of and hates him for it
-Rebecca marries Lowen and conceives Wolt
-Jaffar marries Nino because he's just that creepy, Nino conceives Lugh and...the shaman dude I don't know
-Bartre marries Karla and conceives Fir
-Louise conceives Klein and Clarine
-Lyn marries Rath and conceives Sue
-Lucius and Raven get married and start an orphanage
-Erk helps Priscilla get over her crush on Raven and they get married
-Batta and Glass are forever shamed
-Teodor sees past the fourth wall with his dark magic before his death, this causes a rift in the space-time donut thingy
-Farina sees past the Dragon's Gate and sees Jugdral, where sex is equated to giving someone your money
-She then marries Hector, gets his money from him after they make love, she conceives Lilina and then divorces him to avoid spending money on childcare
Desperate Struggle
-Nergal also made clones of himself, this is the story of one such clone
-Unrelated to everything else otherwise
Matthew's Nightmare
-Serra stalks Matthew and attempts to mindfuck him
-Legault MIGHT be a girl
FETO's Last Stand
-Legault actually cares about a crappy web version of FE lol
-He gets killed also he's not a girl
-Marc watches. Just watches.
Maze of the Troll King
-Totally unrelated to the above
-Sigurd suffers at the hands of Camtech and Archibald
-Marc is the commander, not that you need one if you only have one unit
Prisoner of Darkness
-Eliwood becomes emo and attempts suicide
-His fate is unknown...until the next game anyways
Tower Defense
-Hector slaughters another Nergal clone
-Eliwood watches and is inspired to not be emo anymore
Rondo of Madness
-Before his death Teodor broke the fourth wall, making him able to mess with the continuity, and so characters can come back from the dead for no reason
-He aims to destroy the fourth wall to break all the laws of physics and take over the real world
-Fa travels alone for some reason to try and stop him, gets her stone stolen by Dart
-Eliwood and Hector join in with renewed resolve
-Their jilted ex-lovers attack them and get killed
-Turns out Lyn let Eagler live, he joins in
-Wallace works for Teodor because Wallace is just that stupid
-Glass, Batta and his posse also revive due to the fourth wall problem
-Wow you really can explain a lot by saying the fourth wall did it.
-Canas adopts Nino, Jaffar and their children, but they get killed by continuity errors
-Vaida embraces her inner brony, gets shot by Louise
-Karla murders Sain and Teodor, but they don't stay dead because of the fourth wall problem
Bullet Hell Madness
-Teodor and the morphs return because the broken fourth wall means they can do that
-Reisen, Tewi and Kaguya become involved
-The Money Men unionize and recruit Dorcas, but Natalie sways him back
-Guy becomes Gay, and hits on Matthew
-Nino's children move in at the orphanage run by the gays, they get married at the age of 5
-The fourth wall is fixed at this point thanks to Kaguya
-Farina joins the Money Men for obvious reasons
Marc's Special Day
-While Nick and Reisen fix the fourth wall, Marc gets a visit from Manphia who is Sophia except Teodor did something bad to...er...them
-He fights random enemies for awhile
Generic War
-Klokinator trolls Marc and nobody cares
F.EXE
-Archibald returns to troll Marc and turns Reisen on him again
-Klok and his friends help out because only they are allowed to troll Marc
A Hobbit's Tale
-Marc is asked to invade a castle
-However, he hates the interior design of the castle and refuses
-Some random dudes do it for him anyways
Marx Adventure
-Marc goes home, facing resistance from the union of Money Men who now want him dead because he and his waifu are communists
Emblem Warriors
-?????????????????????????
Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (FE6)
-Roy goes on a mission to SAAAAVE THE WOOOOORLD
-Roy marries Sophia after curing her Manphia problem
-Old Curse of the Emblem and Untitled are abridged retellings of FE6
The Corruption of Roy (RETCONNED)
-Alternate future in which Roy becomes emo, like father, like son
-Several children characters travel back in time to prevent the bad future
-That means this hack is retconned out of existence, just like Marc wanted