OK, I may be a little bit too late but...

Nym

I thought something about the avatar customisation. In Awakening, our avatar always start as a tacticien ( I have no idea about the avatar in Shadow Dragon however). But that could be nice if we could choose the class we want to start with. I didn't really like the tacticien since (for me) he overshadowed Miriel and Ricken and because I'm the worst tacticien ever XD.The cutscences could in a first person's view. As I said, I know I'm late because we know Kamui have his default class (the Dark Prince) but if they bring back the avatar customisation in upcomings fire emblems games, I hope they could add this option. So, what is your thoughts about this idea?

Edited by Nym

I thought something about the avatar customisation. In Awakening, our avatar always start as a tacticien ( I have no idea about the avatar in Shadow Dragon however). But that could be nice if we could choose the class we want to start with. I didn't really like the tacticien since (for me) he overshadowed Miriel and Ricken and because I'm the worst tacticien ever XD.The cutscences could in a first person's view. As I said, I know I'm late because we know Kamui have his default class (the Dark Prince) but if they bring back the avatar customisation in upcomings fire emblems games, I hope they could add this option. So, what is your thoughts about this idea?

The avatar in New Mystery could be put in a number of starting classes depending on their gender.

From what we've seen in IF i'm gonna guess Dark Prince/Princess will be their starting class and they can reclass to any class (Ala Robin in Awakening). That is if reclassing remains a thing. Which it probably would.

Thank you for the information about SD but yea if the seconds seals remains, my idea would be kind of useless. Althought if Nohr have less funds and less ways to get experiences points, my idea could still be useful in a certain way.

I personally hope you can choose the starting class you like in a future FE game, with the option to reclass into a manakete later in the game if you decide to make your character of that species (all of the above, I think probably might happen by 2021? :P), rather than be stuck with one specific character class made for the plot. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a sword-wielding manakete prince/ss (:3), but I'd love the avatar to be more to our preferences in the future. That's why we call them avatars. :P

I agree that choosing the starting class for your avatar would be really cool (Wyvern Rider Avatar, YES!) but I enjoyed the look and playstyle of Awakening's tactician very much and think Kamui will be fun as well. If in future games the avatar/tactician is less story important, I'm all for choosing your own class but as it stands, a unique class is appropriate for the main character. I wouldn't even mind if they couldn't be reclassed.

It really depends on how story-important the character of the avatar is. If the main character, like here, a default class makes sense. If more of a side character like New Mystery, being able to choose makes sense.

Either way, I expect we'll be able to reclass Kamui to anything just like Robin.

Red Fox of Fire : Well , as I said, in the cutscences of if , we never see the face or the whole body of the avatar because they are in first person's view (forgot a ''be'' in my sentence maybe that why you didn't understand -_-') that could still makes sense but in gameplay, that would be useless because of the seconds seals.

Red Fox of Fire : Well , as I said, in the cutscences of if , we never see the face or the whole body of the avatar because they are in first person's view (forgot a ''be'' in my sentence maybe that why you didn't understand -_-') that could still makes sense but in gameplay, that would be useless because of the seconds seals.

I don't understand your point here. My post had nothing to do with cutscenes. They need to use first-person perspective regardless because of appearance customization options.

Red Fox of Fire : Sorry, I messed up my point here. I thought you were saying the default class was important because of the cutscences. My point is : in gameplay, my idea could work if the seconds seals would be out of the game or limited but for the impact of the avatar in the story, my ideal is useless and the default class is much better and makes senses (as you said).