Favorite Random Recruitable Characters?

Magical Glace

So....

What the title says. What random recruits of little importance to the game's story are your favorites?

For me, besides the obvious (aka WOLT and other archers with green hair) I find that I'm very fond of Erk. I like his serious and studious attitude, and his supports with Nino are very cute.

So, tell me now!

Tiki from FE13 if she counts, not really sure she does tho.

Marcia and Mia from POR and RD, Illyana too for that matter.

Wallace from FE 7 because Wallace

Florina is the big one tho, which explains why I ship her with Hector JUST SO she becomes plot significant.

If we aren't talking random/non-story related, I really liked recruiting Jaffar and Nino in FE7.

I definitely agree with Erk, he's my favourite mage/sage in the series after Lilina. Mostly cause of his personality which is pretty funny when he's talking to Serra.

I also really liked recruiting Karel in both FE6 and FE7.

Edited by DragonLord

Jill is pretty amazing. A bit of a shame she is optional, though. I think her character really contributes to make the story work. Not to mention that she got a dragon, axes and an armor in that wine-shaded red that I love so much... except that it for some reason comes across as more pinkish looking in her PoR portrait. Not sure what happened there.

Edited by BrightBow

I agree with everyone saying Erk and Serra.

Ross, Colm, and Neimi for Magvel. The former because he can become a badass pirate, and he's just cool otherwise. The latter two because of their conversations/relationship. "Your grandpa tried to shoot me!" "Because you were stealing fruit from our tree!" "Well, he missed on purpose..." "He never misses when he goes hunting." "Then I must be faster than wild animals!"

Marcia, Jill, and Mia I agree with for Tellius, and also Haar because of his "it's always a good time for a nap" attitude.

Awakening era Archenea, I'm quite fond of Henry and Lon'qu, but I'm not sure if they count because they're auto joiners...The former is hilarious and the latter is my husbando xD Oh and GAIUS! How could I almost forget him? He's not an auto joiner, so he counts!

Edited by Dragoncat

Gaius (I like his personality) and Donnel not just because of Aptitude but also because he is a nice character :D.

Jill and Heath class bias, I always look forward to. Jill because she's probably my favorite character in FE and cements the messages in FE9. Heath because Heath x Afa's Drops is my ship.

I also look forward to Raven and Arena Abusing so he can get to axes faster.

Huh, lots of love for FE7 here... And I'm gonna continue that trend. I love Canas. He has interesting supports and is the only character to use awesome dark magic! I still shed a single tear when I see his ending.

Stefan because he randomly appears before you in the middle of a desert and follows along until Ike even notices he joined them.

Strange men lying in sand distributing swords is no basis for a system of government

Frey survived dying.

Let that sink in.

By that logic, Emmeryn, Gangrel, Walhart, and Aversa are equally amazing

Wymp,AKA replacement character 26 from SD, because puns are awesome.

Also fond of Ayra from FE4, AKA the only playable Jugdral character I like.

Finally, Farina is a character I should of mentioned in my previous post, second best peg sister in FE7 by far.

“I am Wrys, a humble curate. I cannot fight, but this staff I carry can heal your wounded. Take me with you, and you’ll be very glad you did.”[/size]

Seriously, just HOW did I forget Wrys, literally the ONLY healer I care for using.

At least until I make him a swordmaster

plus he's the manliest of cavaliers.

He has to have been, considering he survived what was a suicide mission.

Also Matthew for me, just joins Lyn (with an motive obviously) out of the blue because lol house. Plus Matthew is my fav FE character.

Edited by Jedi

Harken because of his personality.Secretly wants to die but keeps it hidden so it's not that obvious that he's got some issues.Like me,except with the hidden part.

Edited by ShadowShine

Joshua. Its kind of a pain to get him but i love how this little cleric can run up to him and make him go "yeah im joining you." <3 Hatsua.

I also love getting Farina. Shes costly, but i like being able to train her to level 20 and promote her right in that chapter.

I'll elaborate on why I love Nowi's recruitment

She comes out of the blue on your side being followed by Gregor, who she at first thinks is a weirdo stalker/Manakete kidnapper, and joins your party just like that. Then when she actually gets into combat for the first time in that chapter, Chrom is shocked when he sees her turn into a dragon

Not to mention my personal Nowi bias

Path of Radiance has tons for me. Haar, Zihark, Marcia, Mia, and Jill are all great.

Nabarl is cool in FE11-12.

Love Ross and Garcia in FE8.

Serra and Erk in FE7.

Trying to think of Awakening characters, but drawing a blank. Most of them don't appeal to me, I guess.

Edited by Radiant head

I'm not sure if Jill really counts as "of little importance to the game's story". That's one of the things about Path of Radiance, a large amount of characters are quite relevant to most of the plot. I mean I suppose you can argue she's easily removable without it affecting the main plot thread massively, but she gets a pretty large amount of screentime and dialogue after she does join. For me it's like counting Minerva as a random recruitable, since you can skip her in FE11 and 12 as well, despite her connections to the main story threads.