2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

Whoa. Brady got suspended FOUR games. Holy fuck. Did anyone expect this? It's more than what Le'Veon Bell got. Also, the team had to pay $1 in fines and lost their first round pick for 2016 and their fourth round pick for 2017. Just wow...

That's pretty outrageous. I could maybe understand if the game had been closer/the Colts hadn't made so many mistakes. But as is, the committee here judged him like they were robots. Terrible judgment call there.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it does sound kind of outrageous (also typo'd and forgot the million right after the "$1" but I fixed it), but I don't know ALL the details, so...

Whoa. Brady got suspended FOUR games. Holy fuck. Did anyone expect this? It's more than what Le'Veon Bell got. Also, the team had to pay $1 million in fines and lost their first round pick for 2016 and their fourth round pick for 2017. Just wow...

There goes my bold prediction for Jimmy GOATopollo.

Jimmy gotta show Tommy he can start in 4 games.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

Bear in mind, he got a 4 game suspension for not complying with the investigation, not because of deflated footballs. Granted, this whole ballghazi bullshit is pretty dumb but he's not entirely innocent.

Would love to see the Pats without their superstars from last year for four games. Bills and Jets might actually have a shot at the division.

Yeah, I figured there was a lot more to it than that Deflategate stuff. It would've been really outrageous otherwise.

Edited by Anacybele

for the integrity of a game built upon steroids and cheating. i dont give a shit if you wanna suspend brady, just for the love of christ don't say its for the integrity of the game. we all know thats a load of horseshit. the only dynasty, that i can think, that actually won clean was the packers. and that was back when the league just started. i mean come on, the steel curtain was built on roids, jerry rice literally admitted to using a banned substance to help him catch the ball, denver had the salary cap bullshit, pats had spygate and now this. PEDs are still used by an estimated of the league, based on a poll of former players. you can't say this incident somehow diminished the integrity of the league when, the panthers, vikings, packers, and i believe bucs (somebody check me on that), where all either caught or admitted to doing the same thing earlier this year. again i have no problem if you wanna punish brady, just come up with a better reason.

Bear in mind, he got a 4 game suspension for not complying with the investigation, not because of deflated footballs. Granted, this whole ballghazi bullshit is pretty dumb but he's not entirely innocent.

Would love to see the Pats without their superstars from last year for four games. Bills and Jets might actually have a shot at the division

Jets, but not Dolphins? Dolphins look more talented on paper and were definitely better last year.

Patriots should be able to beat Jacksonville at home anyway, but a 1-3 start is not out of the question. They should recover pretty quickly after that though (@ Colts who they crush every time and then 3 games at home vs. Jets, Dolphins, Redskins).

Um, Randa, substance abuse is illegal in the NFL. Le'Veon Bell just got suspended for it.

wrong substance. And PEDs and steroids are illegal in general. That has never stopped professional athletes. If you're gonna say AP came back and almost broke the rushing record without using HGH, I will ask you what you're smoking and where I can get. Edited by Randa

NFL players get tested for drugs and crap though. That's how officials catch them in the act and give punishment.

Certain forms of PEDs, HGH being the most common example, can only be detected through blood testing, which the NFL PA has legalize, but it doesn't go into effect until, I wanna 2017 might be this year. Besides as we've seen with Seattle and all the adarall the fact that they test for PEDs does not change the fact players use it.

You're lying to yourself if you don't think NFL players use steroids and HGH. The most careless athletes are the ones that get caught.

See: Robert Mathis (caught using a substance that is often used to hide steroid usage) and Haloti Ngata (adderall my ass, if you were healthy for a full season for the first time in years I doubt it was adderall).

Just googled it and apparently went into place this season, testing pretty much every player in the nfl. The problem is they apparently would've had to take the drugs less than a day before the test, ie be really stupid. So yeah if that's the testing where gonna see, nobody's gonna get caught. Unless they're Ryan Braun.

Certain forms of PEDs, HGH being the most common example, can only be detected through blood testing, which the NFL PA has legalize, but it doesn't go into effect until, I wanna 2017 might be this year. Besides as we've seen with Seattle and all the adarall the fact that they test for PEDs does not change the fact players use it.

Okay, but I still doubt a lot of them do.

I think you need to do some research on how hard it is to grow muscle. You cannot grow muscle as quickly as these NFL players, especially in the transition from college to the NFL, without doing PEDs.

There are very few exceptions, I firmly believe Tony Gonzalez and Tom Brady are among them (although Tom Brady may have used some very early in his career so he wouldn't look lanky as fuck), but a lot of the top players definitely do something.

Roger Goodell can lick my ass. 4 games for not cooperating with an investigation one year after giving a player who knocked out his fiancee half that? I honestly believe the suspension will be reduced upon appeal but the fine and loss of draft picks baffles me. If this is a Tom-only incident then why punish the entire franchise so severely?

The Falcons fucking PIPED NOISE INTO THEIR GODDAMN DOME and didn't even lose a 4th round pick let alone a 1st round pick (not sure what the point of losing a 4th round pick in 2017 was to be quite honest but whatever works for you Rog.) THAT is something that affects the game, and we don't even know how many times the Falcons did it because the NFL had no incentive to hire an investigative team to diddle themselves for 3 fucking months and release a 300 page pile of shit.

Well this at least adds a little more intrigue to next season, I guess.

To be fair, though, the Falcons doing the shit they did didn't exactly help them this season, so it's probably that factor that lessened the punishment. Deflategate directly aided a team in getting to the Super Bowl, and thus the hammer had to fall a bit harder.

Of course, it could just be that Goodell wants to prove a fucking point and took Deflategate too far, but y'know. That's another story.

Also, Ray Rice's two-game suspension was before they found evidence that he'd actually punched his fiancee. After that video popped up, he was booted for a whole season.

To be fair, though, the Falcons doing the shit they did didn't exactly help them this season, so it's probably that factor that lessened the punishment. Deflategate directly aided a team in getting to the Super Bowl, and thus the hammer had to fall a bit harder.

Of course, it could just be that Goodell wants to prove a fucking point and took Deflategate too far, but y'know. That's another story.

A slightly deflated ball in no way helped the patriots beat the colts in the same exact fashion they have the last last four times these two teams have met. The people complaining about the pats doing it aren't complaining cause it won them the game, they're complaining because it "comprises the integrity of the sport" which is a load of bullshit when you have three other teams getting caught doing the same early that season.

If you actually think that deflated balls were a main reason for last year's Super Bowl run, well, I'ma put it as mildly as possible and say you're silly.

EDIT: Also, Ana, they didn't have any evidence of him punching her? We already knew that Ray Rice knocked her out before the video came out. Did you think he knocked her out in a way that merited a 2-game suspension? lol

Edited by chococoke

Ray Rice was suspended for bringing bad press, not because he punched his at-the-time fiancee. An elevator video leaves much to the imagination, but actually seeing him punch her and seeing her fall in conjunction with the initial outside-elevator video is haunting and leaves people very very disappointed.

There's no way in hell they didn't see it. At least, if they didn't see it, then it's most likely they refused to see it for plausible deniability. At any rate, "ignorance is not an excuse" is the same kind of bullshit line they fed to Sean Payton after 2011 and are now feeding to the Patriots.

Edited by Lord Raven

If you actually think that deflated balls were a main reason for last year's Super Bowl run, well, I'ma put it as mildly as possible and say you're silly.

EDIT: Also, Ana, they didn't have any evidence of him punching her? We already knew that Ray Rice knocked her out before the video came out. Did you think he knocked her out in a way that merited a 2-game suspension? lol

Well, they knew some sort of violence happened in the elevator, but they didn't know if he'd just purposely went nuts or if it was self-defense, which is what he had first claimed.

Edited by Anacybele

HERESY! HERESY!

HERE COMES TOM TELESCO THE FUCKING GOD OF COUPONS. JESUS THIS IS THE STEAL OF FREE AGENCY. OUR O-LINE IS SEXY.

KING DUNLAP - ORLANDO FRANKLIN - CHRIS WATT - D.J. FLUKER - JOE BARKSDALE

JOE BARKSDALE IS AN ABOVE AVERAGE TACKLE IN FREE AGENCY....A SMALL UPGRADE OVER FLUKER BUTTT!!!! THE INTERIOR LINE IS ELITE. MELVIN GORDON RUNNING UP THE MIDDLE.

WE SIGNED HIM FOR $350,000 WITH $1,000,000 IN INCENTIVES. IT'S A 1 YEAR PROVE IT DEAL. PART OF THE CONTRACT INCLUDES A HEFTY CONTRACT IF HE PLAYS AMAZING.

TELESCO BE GETTING PEOPLE AT A BARGAIN.

THE CHARGERS ARE HAVING A "RUNAISSANCE."

MELVIN GORDON 3000 YARD SEASON. GOING TO BREAK LT'S TD AND YARDS OFF OF SCRIMMAGE RECORD.

WE ALSO SIGNED A STUD FB.

MELVIN GORDON HAS A BETTER O-LINE THAN TOMLINSON (EXCEPT AT CENTER)

IN 5 YEAR PHILIP RIVERS WILL GET A ROTATOR CUFF INJURY. HE WILL BE GONE FOR A YEAR. RETURN INTO THE LEAGUE AND GET TAKEN BY THE SAINTS.

No Superbowl for Chargers in 2020

EDIT: Lord Raven considering this defensive linemen comes from Maryland. Do you know Andre Monroe? Can you give me your input on him? Chargers are working him out.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet